The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Hobby said:

"Hygiene regulations" I would expect, though if he only went into the outer porch area I doubt that'd stand up, if he went behind the meat counter, though...

He's probably cleaner than some of the staff??

• Agree 2
  • Funny 4

On 11/07/2024 at 19:42, franciswilliamwebb said:

Agreed.  But the PR value of not licking our own @rses in the Tesco vegetable aisle once again carries the day😉

Probably due to incompetent management, not able to do @rse-licking for themselves.....or find suitable employees to do same?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
On 13/07/2024 at 04:44, GrumpyPenguin said:

Certainly  better presented than some of the barely evolved life-forms that deliver takeaways in this area.

Having once delivered pizza and seen some of the others in the delivery field, I can sympathize with you.

Edited by J. S. Bach
To finish the post
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Progress @JZ.

We had a kitten arrive that was similarly nervous and only now after 30 months will Smokie allow or even encourage being stroked.  Small steps but it can take  a long time.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Andy Hayter said:

Progress @JZ.

We had a kitten arrive that was similarly nervous and only now after 30 months will Smokie allow or even encourage being stroked.  Small steps but it can take  a long time.  

Now I'm retired, I have even more time in the house for her to get used to me.

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1

Cooking Fats!

I've an unplaned length of 2x2 by the door to chez 6T (along with other woodworking round-tuits & come in handy reserves). I don't doubt both Mia and Remedee have at it to cleanse their murder mittens occasionally but one of them had managed to pull the thing down and prevent the door opening fully. I had to go out to the shed and used a knackered towel rail heater element to lever the wood away from the door before I could get in!

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 6

On 12/07/2024 at 19:02, big jim said:

I looked out of the bedroom window earlier tk see Johnny on the garage roof, he’s not normally a climber so was surprise to see him there

IMG_8180.jpeg.84384f47afd95966eaf09b5791596a66.jpeg

there’s no show without punch and when I called him Hank popped his head up from the shed roof!

IMG_8181.jpeg.82361fa015c5fdfd202a7afc1918a4a8.jpeg

That then both just sat down staring at me 

IMG_8182.jpeg.9569507fb28b4fc7a1e8a8126ceb399f.jpeg

Handsome boys 😀

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, grahame said:

I took Marley for a stroll down to the woods earlier. He had a great time. Here's a few snaps from the jaunt:

DSC07313red.jpg.bab6a09ffa2be6d8d438c588b71df61b.jpg

Now, if you wanted to illustrate the word 'purposeful'...

(Or should that be purr-puss-full?)

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

37 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Every time you post pictures of Marley, he reminds me of our Pooh, although Pooh isnt actually black.   He is just such a dark brown you only notice it in certain lights.  He's also camera shy and I don't have as many photos of him I I do of the others.  THis was him as  a kiten, about PoohJune2021(9).JPG.9854f0ba5ef6c9e55e98cb5940677261.JPG3 years ago.

vPoohJune2021(7).JPG.4bcb9a5213d0cc5b38c6f3f04f3fd50f.JPG

A handsome cat.

• Agree 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Every time you post pictures of Marley, he reminds me of our Pooh, although Pooh isnt actually black.   He is just such a dark brown you only notice it in certain lights.  He's also camera shy and I don't have as many photos of him I I do of the others.  THis was him as  a kiten, about PoohJune2021(9).JPG.9854f0ba5ef6c9e55e98cb5940677261.JPG3 years ago.

vPoohJune2021(7).JPG.4bcb9a5213d0cc5b38c6f3f04f3fd50f.JPG

Jette was like that. When still in her kitten fur if the light hit her right she was obviously a very dark brown and you could even make out tabby stripes on her.

I believe that becomes less noticeable when the adult fur comes in.

C6T.

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

1 hour ago, BoD said:

For those who read and helpfully replied to my post about a neighbour’s missing cat, an update.  Her cat returned last night, just as some of you indicated would most likely happen.  She has lost weight but seems ok and is going to the vets today for a check up.  Again, thanks for those replies.

Probably just got accidentally shut in a garage or shed somewhere and shot out as soon as the opportunity arose.  They will wander off for an explore and can't always remember the way back.  I still remember when Gnipper was lost and we had a call from somebody outside the area we had put up missing cat notices and they'd been feeding him in their back garden - he had crossed not only the busy A505 but also the 4-track ECML. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

21 hours ago, Classsix T said:

Jette was like that. When still in her kitten fur if the light hit her right she was obviously a very dark brown and you could even make out tabby stripes on her.

I believe that becomes less noticeable when the adult fur comes in.

C6T.

My Sally was the same, though in her case you could always see the tabby markings if you held her up so that the sunlight shone through her fur.  She also got a bit lighter in her old age.  Whether this was age related or just her lying in the sun a lot bleaching her fur, I don't know!

• Like 6