The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

I was watching a cat walking along a six foot high fence at the bottom of my garden and thought of my two pets of some 40 years ago.  The fence has a cap about 1 inch wide.  

Harvey would sway and wobble along.  He would never actually fall off but at times it was a damn close call.

Toddy would happily march along the fence although he would need someone to catch him when he jumped off.

Harvey was a big, fat tabby cat.  Toddy was a Jack Russell Terrier. 

Bill

• Like 2
  • Funny 12

21 hours ago, bbishop said:

I was watching a cat walking along a six foot high fence at the bottom of my garden and thought of my two pets of some 40 years ago.  The fence has a cap about 1 inch wide.  

I have watched an animal walk along the top rail of a neighbour’s 6 foot tall yard fence. The rail was a 2x4 timber, with the 2 inch dimension horizontal on top. 

The animal was an adult black bear.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

21 minutes ago, pH said:

I have watched an animal walk along the top rail of a neighbour’s 6 foot tall yard fence. The rail was a 2x4 timber, with the 2 inch dimension horizontal on top. 

Your garden fences are obviously somewhat stronger than ours.

• Agree 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, pH said:

13958093_1721623798089408_2670340405015609468_o.jpg.f4dc7c15bf86f0568e277630b0244590.jpg

• Like 7
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Here's the prototype ...

bangor_britannia_bridge_lions.jpg.3867f717e04acfc1d70aa3e82ef107c1.jpg

I was thinking more of the stone lions "guarding" the main entrance to the New York City Public Library's main branch:

https://www.tripsavvy.com/thmb/7H872tkBgp5yE3MUVRHAPnwJ8do=/4608x3072/filters:fill(auto,1)/NPYL-exterior-5c59da02c9e77c0001a41bbe.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

comedownhere.jpg.d460e9343b470efa048e480862a8fcb6.jpg

The late Kitt used to sit next to the gate between my neighbour and my part of the access road behind the house and wash himself while the neighbours Jack Russell, Scruffy, would be going berserk on the other side. If the gate was open, Scruffy would not advance beyond the line of the gate and would be very quiet. Kitt would be more wary, but never had an incident.

• Like 5
  • Funny 1

20 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

comedownhere.jpg.d460e9343b470efa048e480862a8fcb6.jpg

There are a few dogs  (and cats) around here who learnt the hard way not to trifle with Tilly! Not that she was (or is) aggressive, but she wasn't going to stand for any nonsense in her own patch or even more with anyone who attacked her buddy Badger.

• Like 1