The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

• RMweb Premium

my cat crawled across the Keyboard, padding keys as she went, when I returned a few minutes later the display had rotated by 90 degrees.

Took some serious mouse work to get it back to normal!

Regards

Ian

• Like 1
  • Funny 9

That's nothing. I lay down the ipad used to control my layout and my cat walks over to it, stands on it, turns around a couple of times and suddenly trains are moving. He has done that twice now.

Whose layout is it, anyway?

• Like 4
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

It's all to do with being at the focus of attention. The cat craves to be at the focus of attention, will work out where your attention is focused, and place itself there. This goes hand-in-paw with the pin-down strategy: sit on your lap, so you can't get up or even reach for the crossword or whatever...

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

7 hours ago, Edwin_m said:

I think lying on the laptop is something to do with the heat that comes off it.  Rather like lying on top of a lap.  

Or on top of freshly delivered pizza boxes. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 03/08/2021 at 18:17, Edwin_m said:

I think lying on the laptop is something to do with the heat that comes off it.  Rather like lying on top of a lap.  

Heat most certainly...Years ago we had a VHS player, it was always switched on... this was a virtually permanent snoozing place for one of the cats, when the video machine eventually died, I notice the metal case was totally stoved in on top, where this rather hefty moggy had spent several years worth of warm and happy hours.

• Like 4