The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

14 hours ago, Captain Cuttle said:

No our rescue cat Teddy real name Hercules doesnt like tap water, here he is keeping me warm, and a couple chilling out!

IMG_20210524_200625882.jpg

IMG_20210529_200548187.jpg

IMG_20210515_201014243.jpg

My 8kg MaineCoon, Badger, used to to that!

• Like 4

This thread is certainly galloping along and attracting a lot of interest.

Here's a pic of Marley (my rescue cat) stretching his back legs while sunning himself indoors this morning.

DSC01854tcrop.jpg.ae65df1ccfb89abcae0913625081b2f7.jpg

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Michael Hodgson said:

In the 1960s chicken in a basket was all the rage .... and he's supposed to be a brown cat!

1063627098_PoohJune2021(8).JPG.cc4188f697454f5a2d63d3e4546d407d.JPG

With a collar like that, didn't he/she have a job on Star Trek once:

1163782004_blackcat.jpg.105149d12664802b8ebbbf767fe959ff.jpg

• Like 5
  • Funny 1

23 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

There's a sickening crunching noise when they eat frogs

One of our long departed cats ate a frog. She wandered in the back door and the Wife said "hope that makes you sick". As I was calling out "careful what you wish for", Willow regurgitated said frog on the kitchen floor. At that point I retreated to the workshop!

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 1

One of next door's cats has just waxed his tummy.....He got laid out on top of their rabbit hutch, which has netting over it, secured by velcro strips.

Of course, the cat was laid on the velcro, eyeballing the rabbits, when he took off, and waxed a 3 inch strip off his tummy fur!!

Apparently it ''serves him right''...seeing as none of their  other cats are bothered by the rabbits??

:)

• Funny 6

On 08/06/2021 at 09:36, Captain Cuttle said:

Pretty poorly when we got him very thin from Blue Cross. We wanted a young ginger tom because our adopted son has aspergers and ocd and is off the scale atm and having another cat would give us something to take our mind off the issues.

When we went there they only had a ten year old long hair, we have always had short haired cats but as soon as we saw him it was an instant bond. He has no favorites, any lap will do. He prefers my shoulders plus my wife is quite small, only issue being sharp claws!

Here he is March 2020 at Blue Cross.

IMG_20200214_111410091.jpg

IMG_20200214_111522813_BURST003.jpg

I'm so glad Ted (Herc) found a proper home with humans that obviously appreciate him. I don't want to know the answer, but it's beyond me how such a handsome lad ended up needing rescuing in the first place. Like I say, the answer to that not needed, I'll get depressed by it no doubt.

C6T. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

14 hours ago, Classsix T said:

I'm so glad Ted (Herc) found a proper home with humans that obviously appreciate him. I don't want to know the answer, but it's beyond me how such a handsome lad ended up needing rescuing in the first place. Like I say, the answer to that not needed, I'll get depressed by it no doubt.

C6T. 

I don't understand people who abandon any pets.  Is it the novelty of having a new 'toy' that wears off when they grow up and start finding themselves?  Is it too much hassle to look after, play and feed?  Is it too expensive, or are they just too lazy?

My lad was found in a rucksack at the side of a major road in Glasgow, he is the most placid, loving, and handsome beast you'll get in a cat (obviously I am biased)

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 7

14 hours ago, Classsix T said:

C6T. 

He lived in a flat with a family who had a baby and they were made homeless. We think he had things thrown at him as he was very jumpy if you raised your arms, he hadnt seen a vet for many years and never had any flea treatment. There was no fur on his tail and hind quarters because of this, his eyes were bloodshot, teeth had calculus on them and he had cat flu.

Blue Cross kept him for six weeks before we were allowed to take him home, he was just over 3kg then now he is a steady 4.8kg.

He loves being near or on you, i am working on my garden railway today and he loves crawling out of the tunnels at the ends of the sheds.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

32 minutes ago, big jim said:

appropriately timed post…

this little lady has come into the rescue today, found this morning under a car in a Nantwich car park, 6 weeks old so too young to be away from her mother and she has cat flu and an eye infection, we suspect that maybe the ‘owner’ may have seen how much it was going to cost to get her treated and dumped her as there is no way she will have escaped from a house knowing where she was found

an absolutely beautiful little kitten that we hope will be ok, she’s lapping up kitten milk already so we won’t have to syringe feed her thankfully but I sure hope the person who dumped her gets their just deserts in this life or next!

001(108).jpg

of course any donations to willowsway rescue would be appreciated at this time to help out! 

It’s disgusting that some people treat animals as disposable objects, and brilliant that others put their time, money and energy into helping animals in distress. Happy to chip in and hope your message raises a few bob. 

• Round of applause 6

Our previous cat, Poppy, went missing not long after we got her, hunted high and low but no sign of her. Over two weeks later she turned up at our back door thin and disheveled with her collar round her neck and under one of her front legs, digging into the flesh. She must have got herself stuck somewhere and then tried to get the collar off (it was one of the expanding types). Talking to the vet after it seems it wasn't the first he'd seen, but one of the worst. We will never, ever, put a collar on a cat again. 

Edited by Hobby
  • Friendly/supportive 14