The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

50 minutes ago, Hobby said:

Snowy's the same as Andy's, her sense of smell spots anything out of the ordinary and it's just left behind! Anyhow I finally managed to get it down her and she's forgiven me... Now for the flea stuff on the back of her neck!

It's the difference in attitude between cats and dogs.  Both can smell something suspicious.  The dog is stupid enough to eat anything he likes the smell of, no matter what it is contaminated with or how much dinner he has already eaten.  The cat is quite happy to walk away with his nose in the air if the food is not exactly what he fancies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve1 said:

It would help if the pill makers put a suitable flavouring on or in the pill to make the cat want to eat it.

steve

I put any pills for Robbie in a meatball of minced beef. Gobbles them down without hesitation.

On 14/05/2021 at 19:23, Classsix T said:

Pfft, boxes are for the bourgeois feline, Mia keeping it real with Orwell Model Railways sustainable carry out alternative...

DSC_0112.JPG.c5ce74ff990b1867e45de8ce0b23ee9c.JPG

(there were three Dapol Turbots a triple pack of Accurascale PFAs a Bachmann bogie wagon and an EFE 58 in that bag btw, so my sustainability argument is on pretty shaky ground admittedly).

C6T. 

I should point out that though Mia was under supervision, bags left lying about for kitty curiosity should have their handles broken or cut, if not for actual harm prevention, moggy might become distressed if caught up.

C6T. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Flea control has always been something of an issue.

Tried powder and spot-ons with Roxanne, poor little girl. Powder is messy and horrid stuff, and she seemed to have sensitive skin so collars and the spot on stuff seemed to be like pouring acid on her. The food tablets were a short term solution, the ones that have fleas pinging off two hours later.

Mia has the six monthly  (Frontline?) jabs. I can't attend to it's efficacy but with as much white fur as she has, I can't remember the last time I found an insect beastie on her.

C6T. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 14/05/2021 at 19:23, Classsix T said:

Pfft, boxes are for the bourgeois feline, Mia keeping it real with Orwell Model Railways sustainable carry out alternative...

DSC_0112.JPG.c5ce74ff990b1867e45de8ce0b23ee9c.JPG

(there were three Dapol Turbots a triple pack of Accurascale PFAs a Bachmann bogie wagon and an EFE 58 in that bag btw, so my sustainability argument is on pretty shaky ground admittedly).

C6T. 

They all do that sir !....the current trend for paper rather than plastic bags has universal cat approval....

IMG_20210515_210116_574.JPG

• Like 12
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, alastairq said:

Such a pity the forum would be likely to take a 'dim view', of a 'name & shame' event?

No need to, the manager is already unpopular with the people there.

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
On 15/05/2021 at 07:23, Mick Boyd said:

Our cat 'Boycie' has to have half a tablet each day to help reduce high blood pressure, our vet recommended Easy Pill (Cat) which is a meat flavoured putty, we just embed the tablet in a pea sized piece and pop it on top of his food - he never fails to eat it, so easy.

Cheers, Mick.

Thanks for the info.  I've just tried it on my smaller cat who's meant to have a daily blood thinner for life.  There's no way I can give her a pill directly and had been crushing them to add to her food but she's got wise to that.  She just LOVES Easy Pill (no connection other than well satisfied customer).

rev May 21st Spangle looking up.jpg

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4