The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

8 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I could have written that word for word about one of ours.....in the week we get up have our own breakfast, I drive the wife to work and then feed our two breakfast when I return in the vain hope the routine will allow us to sleep in at weekends....6 years of this routine and they haven’t got the memo.....

In our experience cats never forget any routine (even something that was only meant as a one off).  It becomes their right which (if to their advantage) they constantly remind you of and enforce with a steel claw.   I always lose any battle of wills with our cats.  I know my place.       

• Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Robbie has just meant that the vet relieved me of £200. Suspected tapeworm from fleas picked up from the foxes which cr#p in my garden. He is putting on weight since starting the treatment which is good but has now taken to insisting he sleeps on me at night. At first its aw bless him...now its please get off.

IMG-20210217-WA0002.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

We had an outdoor Tom who lived in the garden for a couple years in a hutch as we have 4 female cats already.

’Had’ because in the cold weather he was allowed in ‘temporarily’, you can guess what happened. Likely to be having a trip to the vets, courtesy Mrs Dava. 5 cats....insane!

02E4BA68-1A98-400A-A614-3E8D2605CCA5.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Our George is not well.

He has eaten 1.5m of plastic string.

He's been off his food for 3 days and been to the vets twice.

Tonight he was sick again and coughed up 30cm of the string. I wasn't fool enough to "pull it" and cut it off near his mouth.

Tomorrow, he is going to the vets again. Totally off his food but taking in lots of milk. Lethargic and not interested in play at all.

Stroke him and he instantly purrs though.

His neutering and chipping, due Thursday, looks as if it might be delayed now.

Kev.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 17

3 hours ago, SHMD said:

Our George is not well.

He has eaten 1.5m of plastic string.

He's been off his food for 3 days and been to the vets twice.

Tonight he was sick again and coughed up 30cm of the string. I wasn't fool enough to "pull it" and cut it off near his mouth.

Tomorrow, he is going to the vets again. Totally off his food but taking in lots of milk. Lethargic and not interested in play at all.

Stroke him and he instantly purrs though.

His neutering and chipping, due Thursday, looks as if it might be delayed now.

Kev.

Hope he's ok, sounds like he needs that sorting asap, at least you've got him booked into vets tomorrow.

One of our cats years ago ate some string attached to one of those continental sausages, ie. ate the sausage and the string with it !

In that case it just came out the "other end"..

Anyway, very best of luck with George tomorrow, do let us know how he gets on...

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Porkscratching said:

Well he's still "helping" with the kit build...again, regretfully evicted from his preferred choice of sitting on my lap as I really couldn't do anything with him like that, & he's a bit of a hefty lump....

DSCF2293 (2).JPG

A 2-10-0? I hope that yo will post a photo (or more) of the assembled loco. Not necessarily finished, just assembled. TIA

• Like 2