The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Martin said:

God knows what it was like before he tidied up!

I actually did tidy up and put things away about a week ago. 

I am sure you know the routine, 4' long desk (our first dining table) and 6" work area.

One thing I have realised, I need a more space efficient tool storage method.

CB900, if do any fibreglass brush stuff or filing I do it over a separate tray with paper towel in the bottom. 

Regards,

Craig W

• Friendly/supportive 3

6 hours ago, Craigw said:

CB900, if do any fibreglass brush stuff or filing I do it over a separate tray with paper towel in the bottom. 

Regards,

Craig W

And train the cats to use their own tray .... but our cats are still sufficiently old fashioned to prefer to use an outside lavvy at the bottom of the garden.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cb900f said:

One of our cats would come in from outside use the tray and then promptly go straight back out again, which was fine as the neighbours couldn't complain.

Pete

Our tabby used to do that.   If he did go outside, he didn't bury the evidence like most cats, so the neighbours weren't too happy.

Unfortunately he developed feline dementia and other problems so he is no longer with us, but 20 is not a bad innings for a cat. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

... inspired by the Euston arch.  It was cobbled together from an old broom handle & a few off cuts when I did the decking.

And I only did the decking because this timber from freecycle was far too good to use for making raised beds on an allotment.

On the other side of the wall is a bookcase with a hole in its back wall, so sometimes a visitor would be suprised by a cat suddenly clattering out of the bookcase

One of the names he answered to was "Obstruction Danger" as he wore 6 bells on his collar to give our feathered friends a sporting chance. 

A real character, sadly missed.

Edited by Michael Hodgson
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

8 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Our tabby used to do that.   If he did go outside, he didn't bury the evidence like most cats, so the neighbours weren't too happy.

Unfortunately he developed feline dementia and other problems so he is no longer with us, but 20 is not a bad innings for a cat. 

Guinness too shows clear signs of feline dementia. She is happy enough but we are paranoid about keeping the front door shut and are watchful when she gets close to the pond.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

It looks like PIBS and mrs PIBS the looky likely lockdown kittens have both got homes, PIBS should be going to a work colleague and forum member this weekend if we can arrange our schedules 

mrs PIBS is going to a different home a bit closer to us 

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 05/02/2021 at 07:23, newbryford said:

You're not doing any more work until you feed me.....

Barney.jpg.b1242f0c3cb986e592dd1a2910f58515.jpg

My late Tyger had a better way:

IMG_0078.JPG.d638960983a20fb4b058e370263ace0a.JPG

Edited by J. S. Bach
To add a photo
  • Like 16

A photo of the 'feral' cats of Port de Pollença, Majorca. There were some beautiful animals amongst them. We had just fed them with cat crunchies we bought for them, plus some prawns that we didn't like - we had no idea that they come raw there not cooked like you get back here, so decided that we didn't like them, and gave them to the cats - who really DID like them!

These cats weren't really feral, but wouldn't let you stroke them, but were quite happy to let you feed them. Later we met a lady who arrived in her van and fed them, and she told us how she checked on them daily, and fed them. She was really amused that we spoiled them with fresh prawns!

It is just one of those holiday stories that make the whole experience. We sent our son down to the bins with some rubbish, and he came back with a tale about the cats who live near the bins. The day after, we went with him and there must have been two dozen cats there (obviously gathered for the arrival of the cat lady to feed them, but we didn't know that then). 

Our holiday thereafter always included a visit to these cats, but they didn't let you tickle them, as I said earlier. Shame. The cat lady did say we could adopt one, but what a hassle that would have been , especially as there are so many needy cats back home in the same situation. By the way  all of our own pet cats have been rescue cats - and they have all turned out to be fantastic!

SAM_1941.JPG

SAM_1933.JPG

SAM_1970.JPG

• Like 17

One of ours - Mojo - starts from about 6.00am to run across us both in bed, jumps down, goes under the bed, then does the same thing again repeatedly until one of us either gets up and shuts her out of the room, or goes downstairs and feeds her. I consider that giving in will only encourage her to do the same every morning, so normally choose to defer feeding time until I have had to get up for work etc, and choose to do so at a time convenient for me. The message doesn't seem to be getting through though...

103_2002.jpg

Edited by Dick Turpin
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

I could have written that word for word about one of ours.....in the week we get up have our own breakfast, I drive the wife to work and then feed our two breakfast when I return in the vain hope the routine will allow us to sleep in at weekends....6 years of this routine and they haven’t got the memo.....

• Like 3
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3