The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

1 hour ago, big jim said:

Well she has finally gone to her forever home, Faye went out to say goodbye to her too! 

I can just imagine what she was saying to her - “Be good & polite & don’t forget, if it doesn’t work out you get yourself back here, okay?” 

Wouldn't surprise me, I'm convinced they can understand what is being said, just choose to ignore it unless its in their favour.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Mike the mainecoon used to ‘chat’ to the new fosters when they arrived in the house, I’d love to know what he was saying to them as they all respected him as the alpha male, one old boy did try it on to be the alpha only to be held down by him with one paw while he carried on eating! 

• Like 3
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

I need a suggestion for a cat toy. 

Our Marco sometimes carries his little foam ball around, but usually ignores them all. If one comes at him, he may jump on it but loses interest when it stops moving. (I call him a goalie.)

We need something that will keep moving by itself.

He does like a bootlace.

I don't allow our cat to jump onto my work desk if I can help it . I always worry what she may inadvertently pick up on her paws (fibre glass shards, w/metal filings, flux etc ).  We all know how clean cats like to be and licking their paws is all part of their grooming process.

This is not a criticism and is not aimed at anyone, I just thought it might be something to bear in mind or maybe I am teaching my grandma to suck eggs.

Pete

• Like 2
  • Agree 2