Show us yours - Realistic modelling

On 24/06/2024 at 09:08, MAP66 said:

A few pics of my scratch built cab interior for the Airfix class 14XX which I have now converted to a P4 gauged 48XX number 4851. It’s nearing completion now and I just need to solve the puzzle of fitting in the sound decoder, speaker and stay alive!

Yes I know, you won’t see much with the roof on, but I enjoyed the challenge and it’s done wonders for improving my scratch building skills.

23_06_24_3.jpg.404ad5a51968d16ae7d92ea3b6dba66c.jpg

18_06_24_2.jpg.8923db15e74576c6f7ef3002535d4edd.jpg

That limp excuse for a pep pipe has since been replaced with a more realistic version. Firebox glow has also been installed.

Rearbunkerwall12.jpg.b092ff3306d92a7c8fd7c85d89664394.jpg

I also ended up having a crack at modelling the bunker wall.

nice to see that you have the auto lever connected to the regulator. My old mate once told me that he (a fireman ) used to fire and drive the loco as the auto gear was rubbish and did not work well, While the driver was in the auto coach, only fitted it if they had an inspector with them.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, mswjr said:

nice to see that you have the auto lever connected to the regulator. My old mate once told me that he (a fireman ) used to fire and drive the loco as the auto gear was rubbish and did not work well, While the driver was in the auto coach, only fitted it if they had an inspector with them.

Well spotted Sir. I've also heard stories relating to the linkage pin being disconnected so that the Fireman could control the regulator from the cab of the loco. Imagine how difficult it would be for the driver in the auto coach to use the regulator from the cab of the lead coach with the loco in the middle of a 4 coach auto train. There must have been an incredible amount of slack, so I guess it was unsurprising that this practice occurred. 

as I have the linkage connected, I wonder if I can fit an Inspector in the cab along with the Fireman? 😄

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1