Show us yours - Realistic modelling

6 hours ago, Boleyn Road said:

D200 is inspected by Clive the cleaner ahead of its run to Norwich

'Clive the cleaner' would appear to be spectacularly mis-named.... 🙄🙄🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

• Agree 2
  • Funny 5

Hopefully, without going off topic, figures seem to me to be more natural if they look as if they are focused on something - reading a book / newspaper, in a small group talking, looking at the approaching train / pram / dog/ poster / destination board [perhaps out of frame, but so many looking as it is clear what it is.....etc..   

Just a simple idea, how would it look if the two figures were having a look at how that canvas cover was doing it's task?  Or maybe looking at how the passenger entrance door could be fixed?

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

Smaller scale figures would be cheaper

Probably but painting them becomes harder. I've found that the Farish range of N-scale figures is pretty good and I use them in places where an observer might decide to look really closely eg; platforms or engineering works. They are quite expensive though so for more general scene setting I have bought much cheaper figures from China. I bought 50 unpainted and managed a fair job of painting them myself.

image.png.2337ddf05903b83fd11e397ec23238a4.png

Sadly only half were suitable (they were generic figures and there isn't much scope for someone wielding a scimitar on my layout). But I've just bought 50 'architectural figures' from a well known e-tailer and at £4 + £7 p&p they are quite acceptable for typical N-scale distance viewing.

Edited by AndrueC
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

21 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

I got some 3D colour-printed figures from West Edge 3D in Australia, for 1:48th (U.S. O Scale) they worked out at about £7 a figure including shipping. Smaller scale figures would be cheaper

6 hours ago, AndrueC said:

Probably but painting them becomes harder.

Which bit of "3D colour printed" did you miss? 😉😁

They come without needing painting at all. 🥳

• Like 2