Show us yours - Realistic modelling

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Kelvin B said:

I have just finished a 5 week layout build for a friend - it is 9' x 18" OO BR(W) branch terminus - I will post various parts of the layout over the next few days. First part is Water Features.

IMG_1340.JPEG

IMG_1339.JPEG

IMG_1355.JPEG

That looks splendid, Kelvin. I look forward to seeing some different views. Impressive work in 5 weeks, too.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Kelvin B said:

I have just finished a 5 week layout build for a friend - it is 9' x 18" OO BR(W) branch terminus - I will post various parts of the layout over the next few days. First part is Water Features.

IMG_1340.JPEG

IMG_1339.JPEG

IMG_1355.JPEG

Please add a gap between each picture. It makes for better veiwing

• Agree 3

17 hours ago, Kelvin B said:

IMG_1340.JPEG

IMG_1339.JPEG

IMG_1355.JPEG

Very impressive. I don't imagine that was 5 weeks of an hour after tea somehow! 

Please put up some more pictures!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Very impressive. I don't imagine that was 5 weeks of an hour after tea somehow! 

Please put up some more pictures!

A whole hour after tea?!

You were lucky - we had to live in a shoebox in t'middle o'road...

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

The making of BOWFORD - OO layout.

Hi all

I averaged about four hours a day - but at 74 years old the max was 6 hours a day. Also the baseboards were 'used' ones having been salvaged from a previous layout by my friend who's layout it is. Another comment I would make is that adding all the 'stone cast' buildings etc. does make the baseboards very heavy, but my friend already had them all and had to be used to keep costs done.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

6 minutes ago, Kelvin B said:

The making of BOWFORD - OO layout.

Hi all

I averaged about four hours a day - but at 74 years old the max was 6 hours a day. Also the baseboards were 'used' ones having been salvaged from a previous layout by my friend who's layout it is. Another comment I would make is that adding all the 'stone cast' buildings etc. does make the baseboards very heavy, but my friend already had them all and had to be used to keep costs done.

It's still an impressive build time for something that looks so good.

• Agree 6

7 hours ago, Barry Ten said:

I dug out a photo from when the 56XX came to the Pontypool & Blaenavon in 2008. The play of light on the hill is very reminiscent of your backscene.

sep2008016.jpg.9c51a1be1a1682b91ce8c85423fd3939.jpg

I think the gradient here gets up to 1 in 24 so the locos have to work hard, but in this case there was a diesel on the other end.

That's very similar indeed! Thanks for sharing, great photo. It's so pleasing to see a scene which looks so similar to my model photo - though usually it's the other way round! 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1