Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, br2975 said:

That someone is a 'past master' - yet another weapon in his very large ARSEnal, of which he woukld regale us, given the opportunity.

Which in turn reminds me how much I enjoy the aged term 'cockwomble'

Although I much prefer the one you sent to me in a PM!

Very reminiscent of our dear departed AndrewC

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

Reading his stuff he is reasonably educated, yet pontificates a good deal of bobbins, to use an RMweb friendly term. 

Take it from someone who knows (through several years personal experience)...............your assumption is a tad wide of the mark.

Edited by br2975
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

4 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Look there's more than one. Well I never would have believed it.

Sorry Andy couldn't resist.

😁

Well they all seemed slightly different to me and there was quite a queue ( defo more than one  with a lonely bus stuck in the middle)   heading towards the station. 

I'm sure our resident tram officiandoes will give us the gen cos I can't. 

Andy

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, SM42 said:

Here's something for the tram fans amongst us from Wroclaw

20221025_162633.jpg.2514f6a229a07aef743ddc805384435f.jpg

20221025_162548.jpg.9b0b4b2bc9dcb95b83843e07d80e6fe3.jpg

20221025_162407.jpg.06904d03360f1acf32889fcfce104ca7.jpg

Andy

Some rebuilt Konstal's lurking there; apparently not one of Polands greatest contributions to public transport, hence the rebuilding.

Personally, I like them, they're like "greenhouses on wheels"

Edited by br2975
  • Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, br2975 said:

Take it from someone who knows (through several years personal experience)...............your assumption is a tad wide of the mark.

It is only a matter of time before some of these characters find TNM (aka The School of Character Assassination)

• Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

It is only a matter of time before some of these characters find TNM (aka The School of Character Assassination)

It might help if I had a clue who you lot are talking about or do I need to be in the right lodge.

Jamie

• Agree 10

• RMweb Gold

A trip out to the garage this morning revealed the papier mache skin seems to have gone off quite well and I now have a slightly flexible and rubbery surface on which to continue the scenics.

I now need to get the bridge and the roadbed in as well as fitting the coping stones and the brick parapets to the bridge.

The north end, with the remodelled embankment on the rhs of the track:20221025_205344.jpg.5d7b1a3d0d3a1543c12ee17b91e791ba.jpg

Three blue foam steps which hids the sudden drop in the access path.

the Intentio ex GWR Pagoda (less corrugated skin), has been bedded into the ground behind the platform face. 20221025_205400.jpg.c11f26dd446ec3e80ac503252dd33a2f.jpg

An overall view showing how far the contents of a split PVA pot will go on the surfacing stakes

20221025_205420.jpg.c4416b93ee1383f90039df4a01b4a1ce.jpg 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

...snip...

20221025_205420.jpg.c4416b93ee1383f90039df4a01b4a1ce.jpg 

Hmmmm, I think that my ALCoC-630 and its load just might have a slight clearance problem there:

IMG_0731.JPG.3181cb4cf7563efd9379ecf70d8bf16c.JPG

Please note that it is now properly two-railed; no lobster-claw couplers or pizza-cutter flanges.

• Like 4
  • Funny 4

31 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Hmmmm, I think that my ALCoC-630 and its load just might have a slight clearance problem there:

At the risk of Schadenfreude (spell-checker useful there), I think you need to join the 200 years of UK railway operators and model designers in heaping posthumous abuse on George Stephenson for the small UK loading gauge. Nothing American is EVER going to fit under UK bridges or past UK station platforms. Even before you consider passing military helicopters.

The abuse achieves nothing except to make you feel better, but there you go.

Edited by DenysW
  • Like 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, DenysW said:

At the risk of Schadenfreude (spell-checker useful there), I think you need to join the 200 years of UK railway operators and model designers in heaping posthumous abuse on George Stephenson for the small UK loading gauge. Nothing American is EVER going to fit under UK bridges or past UK station platforms. Even before you consider passing military helicopters.

The abuse achieves nothing except to make you feel better, but there you go.

It even works in model form despite US 0 Scale being 1:48 rather than 1:43.  My 844 would run rounfpd Lo g Preston but the cylinders shaved some plaster of paris off the platform edges.  9000 won't fit uner the bridges due to a brakeman's hut on the tender and the overhang on 85' coaches fouls all sorts if things.

Jamie

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

53 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

It even works in model form despite US 0 Scale being 1:48 rather than 1:43.  My 844 would run rounfpd Lo g Preston but the cylinders shaved some plaster of paris off the platform edges.  9000 won't fit uner the bridges due to a brakeman's hut on the tender and the overhang on 85' coaches fouls all sorts if things.

Jamie

Do your French locos run round LGA?  Bill

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

OK back to greenhouses on wheels.

An increasingly rare sight that transported me forth to have a hair cut today

A ride I  got free due to some glitch in the prepaid card system on board that insisted I had yet to pay when I tried to tap out at destination.  

20221026_110802.jpg.eeb13e5164c0cba501ac9890bf95c60d.jpg

No 244 on a route  2 service at Ogrody, Poznan 

Andy

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

IMG_0731.JPG.3181cb4cf7563efd9379ecf70d8bf16c.JPG

Please note that it is now properly two-railed; no lobster-claw couplers or pizza-cutter flanges.

You might get away with it as long as you aren't humping. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

I suppose it helps that there is a heck of a lot more room in the States too.

I have now formed an idea to whom the "Mystery Person" could be 

Is it The J*******?

As I mentioned to Jamie.

Happiness is a big Johnson.....

image.png.d0836cdfc533662aa712e4083d2f7331.png

• Like 1
  • Funny 12