Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, SM42 said:

I met a young lady at a Renault dealership who pulled the handbrake lever of her 3 month old Megane out of the floor mounts. 

Tore it right off the bolts. 

Andy

10 minutes ago, AndyID said:

"It just came away in my hand." 😆

I bet her boyfriend has a funny walk.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, polybear said:

It seems that the OP has chucked a Thunderflash thru' the doorway and then retired a safe distance to see what happens.

He has popped back in, but not given any real excuse for lobbing the firework.

And contradicts himself by admitting to not being a rivet counter, but he operates trains as correctly as he can by swapping lamps.

What was the word that HH used earlier?

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium

I may have mentioned this before on a different thread. But I’ll say it again;

there are at least 3 things guaranteed in life

1 death

2 taxes

3 that there’ll be at least one pr!ck in a bunch of roses. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, newbryford said:

What was the word that HH used earlier?

No good asking me!

I can't remember something I did five minutes ago, let alone something I wrote yesterday.

It might have beginned with a 'K'.

Nyda has not had a good reaction to her fourth Covid innoculation, so has remained in the scratcher.

I on the other hand, have no such misfortune and have taken on the role of nurse/lady's maid for the duration.

Fortunately, not being a thespian, I am not required to dress for the part.🤣

image.png.90936aafbf9018cb1c0e91f90ef9f51c.png

Edited by Happy Hippo
Found an old picture
  • Like 7
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

19 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

No good asking me!

I can't remember something I did five minutes ago, let alone something I wrote yesterday.

It might have beginned with a 'K'.

Nyda has not had a good reaction to her fourth Covid innoculation, so has remained in the scratcher.

I on the other hand, have no such misfortune and have taken on the role of nurse/lady's maid for the duration.

Fortunately, not being a thespian, I am not required to dress for the part.🤣

image.png.90936aafbf9018cb1c0e91f90ef9f51c.png

Are you trying to tell us something Big H? If so just come out and say it. Don't beat about the bush. You should know us well enough now to realise we will either tell you to go back inside and put some proper clothes on as its too cold for that sort of thing or laugh our heads off. So are you or are you not a collector of plastic trolls. Be honest now.

• Like 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Are you trying to tell us something Big H? If so just come out and say it. Don't beat about the bush. You should know us well enough now to realise we will either tell you to go back inside and put some proper clothes on as its too cold for that sort of thing or laugh our heads off. So are you or are you not a collector of plastic trolls. Be honest now.

I  might know where you live...

image.png.c555dc41dc0e27b66c561712a44d0330.png

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 8

33 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I  might know where you live...

image.png.c555dc41dc0e27b66c561712a44d0330.png

That's good I won't have to send you my address then and DD  would be delighted to see a pachyderm as she's never seen one in the flesh- only photos. I can't promise LDC though as I haven't been to the shops yet.

• Like 2
  • Funny 10

10 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

The version here is “is this meant to come off?”  

The normal response is " they're all coming through like that nowadays"

Andy

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, SM42 said:

The normal response is " they're all coming through like that nowadays"

Andy

Perhaps Aditi and Mrs SM42 could start a rival to Which magazine for testing the robustness of assorted devices. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

It's a selfie taken on one of Big H's kinky nights.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Witch Magazine.......

Running for cover.....

At the moment there's only 2 of them, nominations for the third anyone.......

When shall we three meet again.

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

Talk of knobsters, breaking things and general idiocy takes me back to my days at sea. There was a second engineer in the company I was a cadet with who famously decided the way to get a jammed air start valve out of an engine cylinder head was to take the retaining nuts off and kick the engine over on air. This was a big B&W 900mm bore engine, stroke about 2000mm. On the upside, it did indeed get the naughty stuck air start valve out of the cylinder head, it also nearly killed the spanner in question (he must have been hit by a wrench or something, the air start valves were something like 30Kg of steel, if that had hit him he'd have been brown bread). Darwinism in action.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

1 hour ago, jjb1970 said:

Talk of knobsters, breaking things and general idiocy takes me back to my days at sea. There was a second engineer in the company I was a cadet with who famously decided the way to get a jammed air start valve out of an engine cylinder head was to take the retaining nuts off and kick the engine over on air. This was a big B&W 900mm bore engine, stroke about 2000mm. On the upside, it did indeed get the naughty stuck air start valve out of the cylinder head, it also nearly killed the spanner in question (he must have been hit by a wrench or something, the air start valves were something like 30Kg of steel, if that had hit him he'd have been brown bread). Darwinism in action.

Well it seemed like a good idea at the time and it did work

Andy

• Like 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Witch Magazine.......

Running for cover.....

I wish I had been brave enough to photograph Aditi while we were having a phonecall with her bank this lunchtime.  It is quite difficult to annoy Aditi and she is usually very kind and tolerant but the intrusive questions which we had thought were sorted a fortnight ago really set her off .  It was a good job it wasn't Zoom she had her "hard stare" face for nearly 40 minutes. She was so polite but the man knew she wasn't  happy. I did like her answer when Santander wanted to know the source of funds when her account opened "Abbey National, do you keep records?". Anyway she has to send a copy of her P60 to prove that the money she receives in her account electronically from Teachers Pensions is from Teachers Pensions and not some money launderers. As she told them this is ridiculous as she downloads a P60 from the people who send the money. Also they wanted to know if we were going to use their branch services, answer "How, you closed it before Covid". Then there was "what other sources of finance could you expect in future?" Adit said she could expect to benefit from her mothers estate but given the level of questioning she hoped her mum spent it all while alive.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, zarniwhoop said:

Just been moderna'd - no mention of not driving so I asked - "wait a couple of minutes in case you feel sick". Maybe the rules are different for pachyderms.

The sign Mr Hippo saw is actually out of date. The rules for driving after jabs were modified after the spring boosters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

The sign Mr Hippo saw is actually out of date. The rules for driving after jabs were modified after the spring boosters.

I just used the time to wander around the B&M store which was next door.  Nyda bought a few cheap bits and bobs whilst we were there.

We got back home in time for the delivery of various trees and bamboo from the garden centre.  There is enough bamboo to host a Panda on holiday. 

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

One of the questions the bank demanded to know of Aditi was how we had funded the purchase of this house in 1990. Part exchange and mortgage with Woolwich (he had never heard of Woolwich) and savings to make up difference.  Getting interrogated about how we had saved money over thirty years ago was ridiculous. Also he didn’t know what an endowment mortgage was and he had to get advice from a manager. 
Logging onto the Teachers pension site at least revealed that Aditi had never registered me as her spouse for benefits so we did that before downloading a P60 to prove that the money they sent to the bank was real. They also seemed confused as we practically buy everything on a credit card (not one of theirs) and use Aditi’s account and mine to clear it. In answer to why we do this, I don’t have as much income!
Do other banks interrogate people whose only income is from pensions about finances going back over thirty years? The bank we have my (it is a also a joint account) income paid into just send us a ‘have your circumstances changed?’ Yes/no form. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

Sherry had exactly the same instruction the other week for her fourth. Choice of waiting in the venue or in her jamjar. She chose the latter. My pharmacy made no such stipulation the other week when I was second-boosted, as they had for the first two, but not the first booster. I have heard nothing about a fifth injection in France. My flu-jab is due on/from the 18th. I get the phial from the pharmacy, and nursey down the road does the injection. Actually it's usually a pre-loaded disposable syringe. One of the Brits hereabouts - most have gone back to the UK - was a nurse, in fact a sister in a Manchester hospital until she retired. Some of the tightwad Brits would get her to do the injection, saving themselves a couple of quid. Ok, so I'm no good with money - but then I have no dependants.....

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

One of the questions the bank demanded to know of Aditi was how we had funded the purchase of this house in 1990. Part exchange and mortgage with Woolwich (he had never heard of Woolwich) and savings to make up difference.  Getting interrogated about how we had saved money over thirty years ago was ridiculous. Also he didn’t know what an endowment mortgage was and he had to get advice from a manager. 
Logging onto the Teachers pension site at least revealed that Aditi had never registered me as her spouse for benefits so we did that before downloading a P60 to prove that the money they sent to the bank was real. They also seemed confused as we practically buy everything on a credit card (not one of theirs) and use Aditi’s account and mine to clear it. In answer to why we do this, I don’t have as much income!
Do other banks interrogate people whose only income is from pensions about finances going back over thirty years? The bank we have my (it is a also a joint account) income paid into just send us a ‘have your circumstances changed?’ Yes/no form. 

Bear would've blown his stack many, many questions ago - telling them that (a) if they wanted to ask dumbasf*** questions then at least have someone who at least understood the basics of what they were being told, and (b) if they don't want your business then why don't they just say so - cos' there's plenty of other banks out there.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1