Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Sir, Sir, Sir Andy's eaten all the cake, Sir.

It's his tuck, and as long he was not scoffing it in front of a senior prefect, then he is perfectly entitled to do so, without hesitation, although eating it too quickly might result in repetition.

Repetition in front of his Form Master would result in many lines being produced.  All of which would be 1.0 mm thick and painted parallel to each other to a gap distance of 2.0 mm.

Guest Senior would be reponsible for ensuring this was carried out during evening preparation.

• Funny 8

Today we have awoken to a new water obstacle 

20221002_092722.jpg.7a286c4fefe91b9b81580c5f1e7743ec.jpg

We are awaiting a crack team of Severn Trent ninjas to arrive. 

I dont think il be driving over that spot for now. 

Andy

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, SM42 said:

Today we have awoken to a new water obstacle 

20221002_092722.jpg.7a286c4fefe91b9b81580c5f1e7743ec.jpg

We are awaiting a crack team of Severn Trent ninjas to arrive. 

I dont think il be driving over that spot for now. 

Andy

An access point like that is the location of our water meter. I would be wondering which side of the meter the leak was from!

• Agree 8

14 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

An access point like that is the location of our water meter. I would be wondering which side of the meter the leak was from!

We're not metered and it appears to be a shared stop cock with our neighbours.

Andy

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

For those wishing to sample some of the finest modelling in South Wales, I would recommend a visit to this month's EM Gauge 70's update:

Scroll down for Hwyel Thomas's magnificent Morfa Bank Sidings:

https://www.emgauge70s.co.uk/model_omwb196.html

Thanks for sharing @Happy Hippo Some wonderful modelling throughout,

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Guest Senior would be reponsible for ensuring this was carried out during evening preparation.

Sorry not available as I was usually in what was known as PS or Punishment School myself.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Leak update. 

A man came and decided it needed repairing.

Something blindingly obvious from  the live WhatsApp video they had this morning. 

They are now waiting for all the other utilities to tell them if they have anything buried nearby and if they  need a road closure before they can start a repair. 

They have no idea when this will be.

Meanwhile it is not down to them  that I have decided not to use my drive due to the risk of falling through unsupported tarmac

The tarmac has been physically bulged upwards by the leak and there is quite a lot of sand washout. 

Hopefully a passing pedestrian does suffer such a fate

I did ask how long they wait when a water main goes and there is a fountain in  the road and whether they have heard of cat scanning, which is what they will probably  have to do anyway when the other utilities  say don't know where their stuff is either

Andy

Who seems to have a constant urge to go to the toilet. 

• Friendly/supportive 16

1 hour ago, SM42 said:

I have decided not to use my drive due to the risk of falling through unsupported tarmac

That is evil! 😉

Edited by pH
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, SM42 said:

Leak update. 

A man came and decided it needed repairing.

Something blindingly obvious from  the live WhatsApp video they had this morning. 

They are now waiting for all the other utilities to tell them if they have anything buried nearby and if they  need a road closure before they can start a repair. 

They have no idea when this will be.

Meanwhile it is not down to them  that I have decided not to use my drive due to the risk of falling through unsupported tarmac

The tarmac has been physically bulged upwards by the leak and there is quite a lot of sand washout. 

I did ask how long they wait when a water main goes and there is a fountain in  the road and whether they have heard of cat scanning, which is what they will probably  have to do anyway when the other utilities  say don't know where their stuff is either

Andy

Who seems to have a constant urge to go to the toilet. 

Andy if it's on public highway land report it, if you haven't already to the council. They will fence it off at least. Also let your ward councillor and insurance know as otherwise this will drag on.

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

It seems that the major leak on the A448 near Bromsgrove  is not awaiting the other utilities to confirm what services they have in the road. 

Andy

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

On a totally non water related issue, the offcuts of the flooring that was finished off yesterday are quite heavy and cut to shape make ideal ballast weights for kit built vans 

Squirrel syndrome strikes again 

Andy

• Like 5
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

I have been offered some unknown agricultural machine found in a barn in North Wales.

I have declined it purely on the grounds that I don't need any more crap stuck around the back of the garage for another 10 years or so.

No squirrel syndrome here at present.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I have been offered some unknown agricultural machine found in a barn in North Wales.

I have declined it purely on the grounds that I don't need any more crap stuck around the back of the garage for another 10 years or so.

No squirrel syndrome here at present.

I'm intrigued that someone saw it and thought "I know someone who'll like that "

I get the same with any old model railway tat ( anyone want some rusting Triang track,  an Airfix autocoach in very distressed condition and a 14xx with no motor and 3mm holes missing their handrails?)

On  brighter news some more toys from  Mrs SM42's nursery have been repaired. 

Still a few in the roundtuit pile though.

Andy

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, SM42 said:

I'm intrigued that someone saw it and thought "I know someone who'll like that "

I get the same with any old model railway tat ( anyone want some rusting Triang track,  an Airfix autocoach in very distressed condition and a 14xx with no motor and 3mm holes missing their handrails?)

On  brighter news some more toys from  Mrs SM42's nursery have been repaired. 

Still a few in the roundtuit pile though.

Andy

Distraction theory in operation then I see. Nice one.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, SM42 said:

...snip... I get the same with any old model railway tat ( anyone want some rusting Triang track ...snip...

Andy

I once got a large box of Tru-Scale HO roadbed; some even had switches installed including at least one crossover. $5.00 US for all of it; I have yet to dredge up what all is in there!

• Like 8

Went for a spin to Lake Pend Oreille today.

DSCN5664.JPG.300a0c28368f5108172f8f2a2f9c5a0b.JPG

Can you spot the tracks?  That smudge on the lake is a large gathering of waterfowl.

DSCN5662.JPG.bcf8525e5f3ef88bd5a1283695ecac1e.JPG

Weather was great. It could be snowing in a few weeks 😀

DSCN5669.JPG.02efeeef729ce7c6f58cc63fd392ff19.JPG

We stopped at the floating restaurant at this marina. The restaurant is closed for the season from tomorrow.

DSCN5684.JPG.a77bd950dcd24ffaa2245ef84f7ec5c4.JPG

• Like 18

It is our canine guest's last day with us today and I am back to summing up the gumption to start painting again. 

Need to go shoppimg for masking tape first. 

Hoping to get the lounge finished today. 

Mrs SM42 has imposed a mid November deadline for the lower floors of SM42 Towers to be done by then, but the West wing isn't included in the plan. 

I'm still aiming for Christmas on that

Andy

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 7

10 minutes ago, SM42 said:

It is our canine guest's last day with us today and I am back to summing up the gumption to start painting again. 

Need to go shoppimg for masking tape first. 

Hoping to get the lounge finished today. 

Mrs SM42 has imposed a mid November deadline for the lower floors of SM42 Towers to be done by then, but the West wing isn't included in the plan. 

I'm still aiming for Christmas on that

Andy

I believe a suitable quote is - once more dear friends.

Good luck.

PS how's the duck pond this morning.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

I believe a suitable quote is - once more dear friends.

Good luck.

PS how's the duck pond this morning.

The duck pond is flowing nicely. It has some lovely barriers round it now courtesy of the council.

They were less than complimentary about the water company.

Andy

Edited by SM42
  • Like 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2