Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

14 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Will there be chicken sandwiches?

Afraid not Big H there wasn't much left after DD had finished with it- she's very partial to chicken. Mind you knowing my luck she probably won't get incinerated with me so I think you and her would get along famously. Happy Hippo & Devil Dog sounds right for Saturday night TV don't you think.

• Like 3
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

Hell's bells, Blofeld has nothing on you when it comes to dreaming up evil, vicious and terrifying punishments. You don't work for CC Industrie do you?

Dave

It's easy to break a prisoner's resistance to interrogation if you know which buttons to press.

The horror is not just knowing the locos are going green, but the brutality of the upcoming paint job being applied with a 2" brush previously used for sweeping swarf off a lathe.

As an independent consultant I am often employed in many roles, but my favourite is that of a trouble shooter.

If you have someone causing you trouble, I will shoot them!

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 9

2 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

If you have someone causing you trouble, I will shoot them!

Well, as it happens, we could use your services over 'ere, big time 😀

(I assume you are a good golfer?)

• Agree 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Happy Hippo & Devil Dog sounds right for Saturday night TV don't you think.

I've worked with Devil Dogs before:

Well, certain elements of  USMC Force Reconnaissance who are indeed Devil Dogs.

And when they say they've got your back, they really have.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Funny 3

Well an update on my previous posting.

What I didn't include, as I tend to ramble on a bit. You hadn't noticed. Oh you are kind. Is that following the 'incident' I managed to assault myself with a crowbar. So I now have a nice shiner.

Obviously God starts off simple and only resorts to the Bolt of Doom when all else fails.

Well off to walk DD. Wish me luck.

• Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

A couple of weeks ago we were looking after some animals for friends, including an 18 month old Alsatian bitch. She isn't a devil dog, in fact she is very friendly and playful but there's the rub. Her idea of play is what some would call boisterous but others, including Jill, call explosive. We've still got the bruises and scars to prove it.

Dave

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

.........the upcoming paint job being applied with a 2" brush previously used for sweeping swarf off a lathe.

Ah, I see you've improved your painting technique then?

Dave

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

I'm in deep do dahs with the local vicar.

I am certain that you won’t be In trouble for long. I am sure vicars in such circumstances are supposed to turn the other chick. 

• Round of applause 4
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Well an update on my previous posting.

What I didn't include, as I tend to ramble on a bit. You hadn't noticed. Oh you are kind. Is that following the 'incident' I managed to assault myself with a crowbar. So I now have a nice shiner.

C'mon, own up....you can tell us.....

The Vicar did it, didn't he?

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

Well still alive, just.

You recall that my last posting mentioned that I was of out to walk DD.

Well DD did get her walk, however I nearly got knocked off by a golf ball. The fact that I happened to be on a golf course at the time is purely coincidental. And yes I did check to see if there were any ninja hippos about and there weren't. So you have to admit that the chap (chapess? ) Upstairs is fairly resourceful.

I reckon if I get through to tomorrow I should be okay. However I'm not taking any chances and will be avoiding ladders, black cats and definitely golf courses.

Ian of a sore neck due to having look behind all the time.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Well unless you want them sprayed Khaki as demonstrated in my promotional video....

That's when I realised that in your case GWR means Great Whooshing Rectum.

Dave

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

............following the 'incident' I managed to assault myself with a crowbar. So I now have a nice shiner.

Sounds to me like the vicar brought in the Old Bill to prefer a charge of chicken stealing and during questioning as alternative to, "He walked into a door," or, "He fell down the steps Guv, honest," a new and interesting variation was tried, as in, "He hit himself with this crowbar he was carrying; straight up, he did. Never seen nuffink like it."

I bet Jamie will be impressed.

Dave

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Sounds to me like the vicar brought in the Old Bill to prefer a charge of chicken stealing and during questioning as alternative to, "He walked into a door," or, "He fell down the steps Guv, honest," a new and interesting variation was tried, as in, "He hit himself with this crowbar he was carrying; straight up, he did. Never seen nuffink like it."

I bet Jamie will be impressed.

Dave

I once arrested a man who gave himself 2 black eyes in the process. Honest guv it wasn't me.  He was trying to steal lead from the roofvof our former police station after closure. He was on top of the canteen and decided to jump down i to a passageway. Landed on both feet and hit his head on his knees.  We were all on the other side of the wall.

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 14

1 hour ago, simontaylor484 said:

@Winslow Boy you need to find some way of atoning for devil dogs actions. May I suggest the building of a shed .

I do have access to a tame Vicar prices on a sliding scale usually paid for in Whisky, Pendyrhyn is perfectly acceptable.

Let me sleep on it and if I'm still alive in the morning I'll let you know.

• Like 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I once arrested a man who gave himself 2 black eyes in the process. Honest guv it wasn't me.............

............We were all on the other side of the wall.

Well, we've all heard of the long arm of the law.

Dave

• Agree 1
  • Funny 10

5 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I once arrested a man who gave himself 2 black eyes in the process. Honest guv it wasn't me.  He was trying to steal lead from the roofvof our former police station after closure. He was on top of the canteen and decided to jump down i to a passageway. Landed on both feet and hit his head on his knees.  We were all on the other side of the wall.

Jamie

Honest Guv we all on the other side of the building.

• Funny 5