Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium

Back in La France Profonde in the middle of a Canicule ( heatwave). 39 degrees at the moment.  The pool o later.  However I tried to help  out on the ferry last night. They had  any part empty bottles of Whisky and Whiskey. These incuded  red and a green label Penderyn.  As I am currently quality controlling a red I tried the green.  I found it a bit harsher than the red.  However both were on sale at £27.20 for 70cl. I did offer to help with further quality control but my very generous offer was turned down.  However a rather nice Macallan was on sale in the bar at £5 for a double.  It would have been rude to refuse.  I even bought her in the cabin a Hendriks G and T.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Spotted whilst waiting to meet fellow RMwebbers today. 

AD2F98C8-7E24-4C5A-895D-82545550EB08.jpeg.1462ae1581ce520732e7372172b476ae.jpeg

Hmmm, the lady standing next to you is wondering either: Why is he taking a photo of that window; or, Should I take a photo also?

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 11

2 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Back in La France Profonde in the middle of a Canicule ( heatwave). 39 degrees at the moment.  The pool o later.  However I tried to help  out on the ferry last night. They had  any part empty bottles of Whisky and Whiskey. These incuded  red and a green label Penderyn.  As I am currently quality controlling a red I tried the green.  I found it a bit harsher than the red.  However both were on sale at £27.20 for 70cl. I did offer to help with further quality control but my very generous offer was turned down.  However a rather nice Macallan was on sale in the bar at £5 for a double.  It would have been rude to refuse.  I even bought her in the cabin a Hendriks G and T.

Jamie

No heatwave here in the Pacific Northwet. It's raining, again. The good news is the trees are growing like crazy and capturing some carbon from the atmosphere.

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Hmmm, the lady standing next to you is wondering either: Why is he taking a photo of that window; or, Should I take a photo also?

Or “Is that an instruction or just a business name? 🤣

Oddly enough we had just spoken, briefly, as she and I both wondered why a middle-aged chap in the nearby bus shelter might wish to take a “selfie” of himself posed in front of the littered remains of a kebab. 

It turns out that she was not destined for the same location I was. Which was a shame in a younger female sort of way. 

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 5

On 14/06/2022 at 16:50, Happy Hippo said:

If you are an instrument technician in the aviation industry you have to be wary of WWII era aircraft as the luminescent materiel used in certain aircraft instruments is mildly radio active.  Since it tends to manifest itself as dusty particles, great care has to be taken not to take any on board via inhalation, ingestion or absorbtion.

sorry I have been busy for a few days so this is late

I used to work on Woolwich Common (Ha Ha Road) , one day some Anti-Nuclear Protestors set up camp outside the gate. A bit puzzling, until we found out that a map showed the site as being a Nuclear Radiation Hazzard Area since during WWII the building was used as somewhere to paint those luminescent dials. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Dave Hunt said:

And the Tigers won the big game today so that's bucked me up a bit too.

Dave

Our next door but one neighbour is a Tigers fan.

Further down the road is an ardent Saracens fan:  His son is their head coach.

I'm waiting for the dust up later on in the week when they (neighbours) finally meet up🤣.

• Like 3
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Dave Hunt said:

And the Tigers won the big game today so that's bucked me up a bit too.

Dave

I timed my return from meeting fellow RMwebbers today such that I would miss the exodus from Twickenham.  I timed it perfectly in the event passing through that station a few minutes before the match ended and stepping off the train at home to hear the roar of the crowd when the result was put beyond doubt.  

It's not a sport I follow but there's no denying the passion in a well-fought contest with a close result.  

• Like 5
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Florence Locomotive Works said:

not sure i get that one....

Richard Webster; Lionheart Trains.

it was simply your mention of Richard the Lionheart in a model railway context that enabled the synaptical connection.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

12 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Richard Webster; Lionheart Trains.

it was simply your mention of Richard the Lionheart in a model railway context that enabled the synaptical connection.

A high ratio of incomprehendents.  Bill

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Spotted whilst waiting to meet fellow RMwebbers today. 

AD2F98C8-7E24-4C5A-895D-82545550EB08.jpeg.1462ae1581ce520732e7372172b476ae.jpeg

So this is what he gets up to is it when he says he's going down south to visit off spring.

Come on the secrets out now own up.

Just in passing how much do you charge. Asking on behalf of another friend.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

8 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

Mmm Hippo dressed like Miss Marple perhaps.

Now I would just like to get this straight as I've still got the mental image of HH covered in hippo oil, which I notice comes from Toronto ( wonder what he puts on the customs declaration for end user?) spouting tea. Does he wear the Miss Marple outfit at the same time or another time. Furthermore does he do the kissing as well or is that an extra?

Confused of Chateau Winslow and no sheds.

• Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Now I would just like to get this straight as I've still got the mental image of HH covered in hippo oil, which I notice comes from Toronto ( wonder what he puts on the customs declaration for end user?) spouting tea. Does he wear the Miss Marple outfit at the same time or another time. Furthermore does he do the kissing as well or is that an extra?

Confused of Chateau Winslow and no sheds.

image.png.4499c4121b40cb312443c00136b368b6.png

I've left my tweeds at home dear.

• Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1