Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

4 hours ago, Hroth said:

I believe that long after I left, the school entered into a reciprocal agreement with the girls grammar school for casting productions. Of course, this brought its own nest of problems...

... with a delay of nine months?

• Funny 13

11 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Whilst on the subject of theatre, I must confess that I have acted in a semi-professional capacity (a sort of a half-way house between amateur and pro) and from that period my favourite role was that of a perverted murderer. The script was easy to master and thus the role was great fun to play.

You may be amused:

Under interrogation...

image.png.e5ded7fb8aafb565f943787934d134f4.png

I've done nothing wrong...

image.png.a301c47a34ed32de41fe1b34e03e8653.png

You don't understand, you'll never understand... the joy of dealing death

image.png.5757dd62a561606b4bede6d30036d89e.png

But someday... No!, now the fun must end

image.png.6384e1366e803bf104fa001c7767b874.png

God! it' so much fun being a villain!

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 7

7 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Your finger: My Ass.

Not a combination that would fill many here with much confidence.

Oh what I do with my finger is nothing at all to do you or your ass for that matter. You keep your ass to yourself.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

My absence for most of the day was the result of  probably my only pre Christmas festive event:  The Borders MRC Christmas lunch.

A most enjoyable event, although having dragged Nyda along, I found that her fee for attending, was for me to stop, and buy her a new pair of shoes on the return journey.

For some unfathomable reason, she has decided to attend next years event as well.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Panto's are all that keeps many provincial theatres going, the profits from which pay the bills for the whole year. 

I could never stand pantomime even as a child but overcame this for two or three shows when our offspring were young.  Fortunately Camberley's theatre seems to do OK and their regular Panto Dame used to be superb.  Also near us, the Woking theatre has had Dames like Julian Clary or going back further, John Inman (did anyone else's Mum try to convince you he really wasn't gay, but "just acting"?).

However, one year I came close to walking out.  Most of the cast were children from the resident youth theatre group (aka The Precocious Children of Pushy Parents Club) with the "star" being some Eastenders actress who had just won Strictly.  Despite being the Big Name, she only delivered about six lines and performed a little dance to remind us why she was more famous than last year, while we all had to pay enough to cover her fee but watch a glorified school production.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Just think of the psychological trauma that must have caused you at such a subjective age as well. I'd find your nearest branch of SueThem, Flogthem & Runaway and start proceedings straight away. You'll be rich enough to buy that sound deltic you've always dreamt about. Over dreams are available at extra cost.

I thought that it was Dewey, Screwm, & Howe.

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Christmas has arrived at SM42 Towers. 

Mrs SM42 has started the ball rolling.

Turkey and sprouts are cooking, cards are being written and presents being organised and wrapped. 

At some point I am expecting to be sent into the loft to retrieve the Christmas tree 

Andy

• Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Hmmm, by the 25th, the turkey and sprouts will have boiled down to a nice mush, bones and all! 😉

All eaten now. 

It's a sort of rehearsal. 

Andy

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, newbryford said:

Two wise men?

In Telfland??????

Telfland? You think I live in Telfland??? I haven't been so insulted since I was mistaken for a politician. Even HH lives outside Telfland (just).

Dave

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Dave Hunt said:

Telfland? You think I live in Telfland??? I haven't been so insulted since I was mistaken for a politician. Even HH lives outside Telfland (just).

Dave

When I told Dave I was continually living on the edge, I wasn't joking!

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, bbishop said:

... with a delay of nine months?

I believe that in one case, fisticuffs took place between the boyfriend of the leading "lady" and the leading "man", on the first night of the production...

• Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, SM42 said:

All eaten now. 

It's a sort of rehearsal. 

Andy

According to Wikipedia if you had been in Poland today you would be having a celebration for salt miners. My brother lives in Droitwich and they have a salt festival in  September. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Dave

I once had a nightmare, I dreamed that I was running for a seat in the House of Representatives; the nightmare? I won! 🙃

• Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

According to Wikipedia if you had been in Poland today you would be having a celebration for salt miners. My brother lives in Droitwich and they have a salt festival in  September. 

St Barbera. 

The patron Saint of miners. 

It's her name day today. 

Droitwich is but a stones throw from SM42 Towers but I've never been to the salt festival. 

Andy

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, SM42 said:

2 days to go till Sw Mikolaj

( St Nicholas) day. 

Polish kids will be expecting him to leave a present for them. 

When we lived in the Netherlands St. Nicholas' s day was also when children received presents. We became great friends with some Dutch neighbours and so were invited to the St. Nick's festivities which No. 1 son, who was from 2 - 4 years old at the time, thought was a great idea as having his birthday on December 23rd then meant that in one month he got three lots of goodies.

Dave

• Like 13
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, SM42 said:

Droitwich is but a stones throw from SM42 Towers but I've never been to the salt festival. 

I think my brother used to visit a number of pubs with friends during the Salt Fest. 

• Like 8