Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

Now I like a lovely pannier tank as much as the next man (as long as the next man isn’t a disturbed individual like @Dave Hunt or @jamie92208 Crimson Lake undies? Really?) but all this punning has really got to stop!

For one thing, it’s doing incalculable damage to TNM’s reputation as a haven on RMWeb for the erudite, the sophisticated, the debonair and the polymath.

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Dear Lord, we ease off because he suggests we are mean and cruel with our polite comments and assistance about sheds, so we shut up.

Now, after a slight pause, he brings the subject up again. 

But it has given me an idea for a book, or even a series.

A shed full of panniers.

A few sheds of panniers more

The pannier, the shed and the hippo.

Shedding light on pannier tanks:  A technical appreciation.

Panniers on Shed.

One of our panniers is missing (From the shed).

Or those Best Sellers:

The Complete Guide to Pannier Scrapyards

1001 Ways to Slice Up a Pannier with a Gas Axe

Panniers:  The Perfect Crash Test Dummy

• Agree 2
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

51 minutes ago, polybear said:

Or those Best Sellers:

The Complete Guide to Pannier Scrapyards

1001 Ways to Slice Up a Pannier with a Gas Axe

Panniers:  The Perfect Crash Test Dummy

You’re not making friends here, Bear.

• Agree 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6

8 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

I can rent some space in my shed to you providing you only model the Midland Railway.

Dave 

That's discrimination that is and from someone of your standing inflicting such inhumane and wicked treatment on a non shed person such as I.

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

That's discrimination that is and from someone of your standing inflicting such inhumane and wicked treatment on a non shed person such as I.

Dave is only offering to help cure your affliction,  by getting you used to the idea of a shed in a controlled environment, before you have one all to yourself.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 3

1 minute ago, Happy Hippo said:

Dave is only offering to help cure your affliction,  by getting you used to the idea of a shed in a controlled environment, before you have one all to yourself.

Next youll be saying panniers are good for me!

Oh by the way you missed a book title - One hundred and one ways to declutter your life. No. 1 get rid of all the panniers.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

3 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

I’ve noted that, Winnie dear boy. They are very nasty towards minorities (no-shed owners, GWR aficionados and modellers, etc). Definitely an -ism of some kind and certainly prosecutable under one or another “anti-hate speech laws” brought in by that nice Mr Blair.

And if the CPS declines to prosecute - well, I have a good friend in Switzerland who would be happy to fund a private prosecution or two…..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On Her Majesty's Secret Pannier

The Panniers Guide to the Shed  (Don't panic)

In non pannier related news, as today is a glorious sunny day I have several outdoor tasks allocated. 

Cut the lawn ( hopefully it will be too wet) tidy up the building site garden, 

Change the tyres from winter summer and finally tidy the house for the impending arrival of dinner guests this evening.

Andy

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

I promise not to mention the P word again today.

However I currently have in my possession two of the other great GWR and BR(W) locomotives.

A box of bits which claims to be a Springside Models 45xx small Prairie and a nice green Heljan large Prairie No 4178.  Amazingly, I've nicknamed them 'Little' and 'Large'.

Although judging past comments on alternative film and book titles, perhaps I should just finish off with this one:

The Littlest House for a Prairie

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 1

Don't worry HH I'll send you my copy of How to make yourself happier - get rid of your panniers and if that fails try How to make your shed look bigger model the Midland Railway. Mind you that last book is a bit grubby as the last owner 'abused' (don't ask) it quite a bit.

• Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, DenysW said:

Another one for the oxymoronic phrases collection.

I'm never rude about any other railways locomotives, and fully appreciate that there are some very impressive locomotives out there which were not designed by Swindon.

Although I admit I may have once stated that I thought The Upper Boat and Rhydfelin Light Railway's CME, Goronwy Roberts was slightly unbalanced, as was the subsequent loco, when he chose an 0-2-0T as a heavy freight engine.

Who could fail to be amazed by the self braked slate train in North Wales, when Llewellyn ap Ogg developed the triangular wheel...

Sheer genius!

Ap Ogg went on and emigrated to work in Maine USA on another narrow gauge enterprise, The Randy Shiver Railroad.

After a great deal of success, Llewellyn was sadly lost at sea in 1912, when returning to the UK, his steam powered iceberg, was in collision with a large steam liner.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Don't worry HH I'll send you my copy of How to make yourself happier - get rid of your panniers and if that fails try How to make your shed look bigger model the Midland Railway. Mind you that last book is a bit grubby as the last owner 'abused' (don't ask) it quite a bit.

Bless you for your kind and considerate thoughts.

Another suggestions to make my railway look bigger was to revert to a smaller scale.

Apart from the cost, I have to admit that the thought of the ex Barry Railway side of the Efflew Valley, as opposed to br2975's ex TVR side, would be most fetching in this new TT:120 scale.  However, for ease of modelling, and utilising what I still have remaining in my small scale stock boxes, 4 mm scale might be a better option.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1