Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

I want one! Well, at least the car with the pan on it.

Otherwise known as 975091 "Mentor". I've literally just ordered a few bits to finish my model of it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Otherwise known as 975091 "Mentor". I've literally just ordered a few bits to finish my model of it.

That is one of the projects that has been long in the planning at SM42 Towers and very short on the doing. 

Maybe one day. 

Andy

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

We are back from the cinema again. 

Just the 4 of us in the audience. 

We has the small screen today. Less than 50 seats. 

The film; Plane. 

Typical action film but good entertainment if you don't look too close 

Andy

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, SM42 said:

The film; Plane. 

Typical action film but good entertainment if you don't look too close 

Andy

So you leaving us to figure out the plot was then. And your starter for ten is - it has a plane  in it -electric?

• Funny 6

4 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

So you leaving us to figure out the plot was then. And your starter for ten is - it has a plane  in it -electric?

Wouldn't want to spoil it, but an aeroplane is involved. 

Rather like yesterday's film had a cartoon cat wearing boots in it, there is a clue in  the title as to what it is about

Andy

• Like 6

First job in the garden is rebuild the patio. It's wrecked after the building work and then sort out the hotch potch of shrubs intend borders and the finally the lawn. 

Might need another shed somewhere too.

Then we can start at the front. 

But first, the West wing needs to be finished and that is being held up by a succession of guests that Mrs SM42 has invited to stay. 

I may get some progress made on Monday

Andy

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

The first year we had the motorhome we asked the dealer to winterize it. Basically, drain all the water from tanks and replace water in pipes with antifreeze.

When we got far enough south on our winter trip, I hooked it up to the hose and started to replace it with water. A stream started to run over the floor from under the sink. We found a serviceman in the campground and found that there was a big chunk of ice in the water heater. This had not been drained during the service. We had a weekend in the campground while the serviceman found a replacement tank. Since then, I've done all my own winterizing. 

I forget if we managed to get the dealer to pay for the replacement tank.

I probably should have checked when I found that the freshwater tank hadn't been emptied, either.

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, newbryford said:

A very short glimpse of Mentor in action at about 12.35 here. 

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Ah well, managed to get over the disappointment of England’s performance yesterday. Mind you, it’s getting easier as they’ve given me plenty of practice recently ☹️ The recovery was helped by a few libations of happy water - traitorously I suppose of Scottish origin  - and due to continue soon with a bacon ‘n egg butty. Such is life.

Dave

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, SM42 said:

The film; Plane. 

I don’t think Jill would be happy if I took her to see a film about woodworking.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Quite right ruination of good piece of turf is what I say.

Oh come on even a non-Rugby fancier such as myself can see that's a vegan argument. If the game didn't exist, the good piece of turf wouldn't exist.

• Like 3
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 3

16 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Oh come on even a non-Rugby fancier such as myself can see that's a vegan argument. If the game didn't exist, the good piece of turf wouldn't exist.

13 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Well said Stephen. Unfortunately the good piece of turf at Twickenham is rather wasted at the moment.

Dave

Of course it would it'll just be used for something far more sensible like bowls or better yet croquet.

I thought they were going to use Twickenham to supply turf to racecourses or polo grounds.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Of course it would it'll just be used for something far more sensible like bowls or better yet croquet.

I thought they were going to use Twickenham to supply turf to racecourses or polo grounds.

Racecourses increasingly look to have an all-weather surface. Guarantees racing in Winter weather. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Dave Hunt said:

Ah well, managed to get over the disappointment of England’s performance yesterday

Not an egg-chasing fan here but living as close as we do to the stadium it’s hard to avoid all forms of contact with the major events. 

Maybe it didn’t go the way the home side would have liked but it was a tight game and one converted try at the other end would have changed things. 

My Welsh friends, however, are still drowning a lot of sorrows. None has yet surfaced to greet today. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

Well said Stephen. Unfortunately the good piece of turf at Twickenham is rather wasted at the moment.

Dave

That rather depends on whether you are from North of the border or not.

Closer to home, we Welsh now only tolerate the Irish as their country acts as a buffer between us and the Atlantic Ocean.

I did have the option of both Scottish and Irish medication last night but opted for neutral Portugal.

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I only caught bits of the rugby but have very divided loyalties anyway, being born in England to English and Scottish parents, but brought up in Wales from the age of two.  I was more disappointed that my football team continued their long slump.

We were out watching Rob Newman on stage last night and my choice of interval drink was a suitably neutral Italian beer.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Northmoor said:

being born in England to English and Scottish parents, but brought up in Wales

I was born in Birmingham  to parents and grandparents from Birmingham. I wonder if that is why I am not that interested in football or rugby…

• Like 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2