Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Gold

At the moment (8.50a.m.) pages 2197 amd 2198 are identical.

Edit: Having posted this it has moved onto a new page and is now correct.

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, AndyID said:

That looks very good. I'll pass it on to our contractor.

Unlikely to change our direction as we are pushing it quite a bit now 😄

What about a Tesla roof? 🙂

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, SM42 said:

Falling in love with a place on holiday and buying property there can often lead to disappointment. 

That feeling from  two weeks of freedom soon wears thin when your holiday lasts forever and you have to do stuff like housework, gardening, property maintenance, shopping and cooking.

All that stuff you didn't have to worry about when you were in your all inclusive hotel. 

Life can get tedious wherever you are.

Andy

We also find that the friends that we made during our two years of being second honers, find it difficult to understand why we can't accept invitations at short notice when they come over.  Two sets in particulate don't seem to be able to grasp that we have a fairly full life with medical appointments etc as well as a new circle of friends among the permanent resident community. 

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold

Today I am mostly picking up the stuff I cut off the hedge yesterday.

It is gentle work, that allows one to commune with nature on a nice sunny day.

I have been visited by our resident robin, who is definitely on the cadge for for a snack or two, which is more than likely when I'm raking through the rougher ground at the base of the hedge.

However, I did get an odd look from our local Evri delivery lady, as when she arrived, I was jumping up and down in a green wheelie bin.

I ask you, how would you compress the green waste?

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

However, I did get an odd look from our local Evri delivery lady, as when she arrived, I was jumping up and down in a green wheelie bin.

Really?  Can't imagine why...

image.png.c91c7fca1a210e45bed262a7eea1fffc.png

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

An unexpected visitor today was my roofing contractor, with whose work I have since had no beef. He sees me as a fairly soft touch, I'm sure, but today's sales pitch was on getting the rear of my roof sprayed with anti-fungal spray. I know it works, as I had the front done last year, but had warned him that funds are short for a while, as the taxman has levied what I owe from last year. So I said February. No problem he said - just give me a post-dated cheque! So I did, and the job is done. House maintenance on the never-never!

Whenever I go back to Blighty for a few weeks, young cat Perry gets the hump and shuffles off elsewhere, despite Alison's daily visits. So he had disappeared over a week ago, but suddenly reappeared this morning, rushing from the big barn, squeaking at me as I opened the volets. Insisted on having a mega-cuddle before eating, and has been all over me ever since. 

I have had a cold since Monday evening. I was only really under the weather Wednesday evening, but mercifully better for the trip home on Thursday. Now I just have a bit of a cough. Sherry has now got the thing, is rather worse off than I was, has gone back to bed, she tells me. She was due a flu jab today, but managed to cancel that online. With a grumpy, arthritic knee, and an ankle that is still painful after her fall in Lerwick in May, she has a miserable time most days, particularly if it is damp. She so needs this as well. 

• Friendly/supportive 5