Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

7 hours ago, BR60103 said:

Could you make the capital the centre of the kingdom by reducing the borders?  My quick work with the calipers suggests a northern boundary just north of Cambridge and a western edge somewhere in Wiltshire.

I have my suspicions that is what the powers that be already do. They just haven't told anybody.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

Yes, it was a model, but much bigger than "O" - 1/6 scale.

Simon says!

Especially since he knows more about the Titfield Thunderbolt than any other person still extant🤣

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

How do you fix the jig in place? Is there a slot on the side we don't see that fits over the end of the plywood sheet?

Yes, the rear is slotted and it just slips over the baseboard, see photo below.

IMG_20241014_102319_Original.jpeg.dc87a0f70706b7cdccd29adcd1db8a72.jpeg

Here it is in place, but seen from the back of the jig.

IMG_20241014_102340_Original.jpeg.8ef8e4dbe784923dcb65e0ed7e418be0.jpeg

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BR60103 said:

Could you make the capital the centre of the kingdom by reducing the borders?  My quick work with the calipers suggests a northern boundary just north of Cambridge and a western edge somewhere in Wiltshire.

And give the rest to the SNP?

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

Yesterday afternoon, as Sherry was at a rehearsal, I went for an hours walk around Torquay. I explored bits of the quayside I had never essayed before, including Haldon Quay. While there, I saw this dinghy set off for a spirited trip around, bouncing over the waves as such a craft with a powerful and noisy outboard invariably does. Here it is returning at a more sober pace, as befits entering the harbour - but that dog had been perched on the prow throughout, evidently relishing the whole experience!

IMG_7539.jpeg.7ecfc0ed1e96aa96718086b9e0ac0580.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Simon says!

Especially since he knows more about the Titfield Thunderbolt than any other person still extant🤣

Maybe, I just wish I knew useful stuff too....

1-tit1953_bw_neg_pro_064.jpg.ab74fef06490b391200cba55bae62843.jpg

Studio shot of making the train, photograph copyright StudioCanal.

• Like 10
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Yesterday afternoon, as Sherry was at a rehearsal, I went for an hours walk around Torquay. I explored bits of the quayside I had never essayed before, including Haldon Quay. While there, I saw this dinghy set off for a spirited trip around, bouncing over the waves as such a craft with a powerful and noisy outboard invariably does. Here it is returning at a more sober pace, as befits entering the harbour - but that dog had been perched on the prow throughout, evidently relishing the whole experience!

I wonder if he's wearing a lifejacket under that coat?  Doggie isn't....

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

When did you last see a picture of a RIB with only one occupant?

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, polybear said:

I wonder if he's wearing a lifejacket under that coat?  Doggie isn't....

Robbie had to wear a doggy life jacket when he attended hydrotherapy treatment. Considering he would throw himself into water when out or a walk he was somewhat unamused at being made to swim. Fortunately he didn’t make a fuss about the warm water shower and blow dry afterwards. He was used to being hosed down in the garden after his usual water excursions in fields and parks. Our local park,is more “country park”  than  “formal planting park” . 

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I wasn't aware of this now we know why HH's tail end is such a weapon. 

Jamie

If I've been on the curry and rice, it's a bit like firing a Claymore mine.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2