Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

3 minutes ago, PupCam said:

The front end hopefully.   We don't want pebble dashing do we .....

Oh!  Will Bear be doing an unboxing video and becoming a YouTube sensation?    

A word of advice;  don't do it kneeling on the floor.  That's been covered.   Maybe sitting in the bath would be novel?    Anyway, it would be one way to fund the re-stocking of cake.

If he really wanted to make a scene could he fill the bath with baked beans.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, PupCam said:

You could be onto something!   Maybe using frozen CoOp pizzas as floating tables to put the contents on as they are "unboxed".

But what could he do with the curly fries?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, PupCam said:

You could be onto something!   Maybe using frozen CoOp pizzas as floating tables to put the contents on as they are "unboxed".

OIG1.GF0jsRKAxNkRxYAAiyv9?pid=ImgGn

Bear needs to take care, otherwise he'll end up looking like this gull

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-48832481

I'm surprised that he doesn't sport persistent orange dribbles down his front as it is!

• Funny 11

16 minutes ago, SM42 said:

I must be tired 

I've just tried to shave using my toothbrush. 

Defo time for bed. 

Night each

Amdy

At least you didn't clean your teeth with shaving cream.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 8

3 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

The shopping trip was only partially successful.

The stone was nothing like it looked like in the picture, so that was a journey part wasted.

Not even good enough to use as loads in those mineral wagons?

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I need to go and look for some slate chippings. We have a strip of them between our drive and next door’s garden wall. They have subsided a bit so I said I would get some more and top then up but Aditi thinks there is a bag “somewhere”. I can’t think where but at least I won’t have to go to a quarry in Wales. Though I can think of lots of good reasons to go Wales but many of them seem to include little trains. 

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

A neighbour dropped around a set of solar powered lights for me to have a look at, as 'They didn't work.'

I'm not surprised, as when I opened the case neither side of the solar panel was connected to the circuit board!

Don't solar spaniels use telepathetic communication?

• Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, AndyID said:

Don't solar spaniels use telepathetic communication?

9 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Obviously he'd not kept the meter topped up and he'd been disconnected.

I remade the connections yesterday evening, during an evening session in the garage.

On the PN front, the last few inches of what I now consider the dodgy main line rails, exiting to the south cassette table have been stripped out and new lengths of converter rail were made up and silver soldered together.  Much in the fashion as the colliery exit was rebuilt in July.  I now have to soft solder the rails and the connecters to a fresh piece of copper paxolin strip, then get it all aligned, prior to securing it all down.  Then, it will require some rigorous testing.

(Why am I able to make much neater joints in silver solder than with my soft soldering efforts?)

Today we are off for a walk around some of the Ironbridge gorge attractions.  It makes sense as having paid an annual fee to visit as many times as we like, it seems foolish not to make the most of it.

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 16
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I remade the connections yesterday evening, during an evening session in the garage.

On the PN front, the last few inches of what I now consider the dodgy main line rails, exiting to the south cassette table have been stripped out and new lengths of converter rail were made up and silver soldered together.  Much in the fashion as the colliery exit was rebuilt in July.  I now have to soft solder the rails and the connecters to a fresh piece of copper paxolin strip, then get it all aligned, prior to securing it all down.  Then, it will require some rigorous testing.

(Why am I able to make much neater joints in silver solder than with my soft soldering efforts?)

Today we are off for a walk around some of the Ironbridge gorge attractions.  It makes sense as having paid an annual fee to visit as many times as we like, it seems foolish not to make the most of it.

Enjoy the gorge. Are they still doing that thing were they stamp a card each time you go round one of the attractions.

We never completed ours, so didn't get to choose a 'prize' - cuddling toy, toaster, thermo nuclear warhead (launch vehicle not included).

• Like 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Enjoy the gorge. Are they still doing that thing were they stamp a card each time you go round one of the attractions.

We never completed ours, so didn't get to choose a 'prize' - cuddling toy, toaster, thermo nuclear warhead (launch vehicle not included).

I remember doing as many of the attractions as possible when we were in the area about 40 years ago and being especially fascinated with the "Tar Tunnel".  The idea of digging down what seemed to be a very shallow depth and effectively striking oil (bitumen in this case) just seemed remarkable.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

I think they may do for the passport style ticket where you buy a visit to every attraction and you have a year to complete the card.

Annual pass holders get a credit card style card with a bar code, so you are scanned in.  They retain a picture of the holder which comes up when the card is scanned, so there is no chance of lending your card to anyone else.  Unless you have a twin!

Having planned on a modelling session in the garage after lunch, we returned home and received an invitation out for afternoon tea.

Knowing the hosts, it will also be alcoholic.

Ironically, Nyda and I discussed having an impromptu fire pit session this evening with an appropriate invite, but we were beaten to it.

Our social calendar is such a whirl.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2