Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

I taken a few of photos of my new micro layout, which I’ve now called Mike Rowe Engineering, here’s another one.

IMG_20240901_115114_Original.jpeg.d81f204e0b6465cd7567e44175d7a1a9.jpeg

No, no, no, no, no!  And thrice more, no!!!

I mean, your layout looks great @BSW01 and I really like it, the stock, everything…

BUT

Every time I see a yellow 48DS I get incredibly twitchy and an overwhelming impulse to acquire one! We must have it!

I mean, I know the actual yellow livery produced by naughty Hornby isn’t correct but it is still basically yellow and so we wants it as a good basis for an industrial shunter and it looks sooo shiny and yellow and right - perhaps even more so with warning chevrons on radiator and rear cab - and so we really wants it now…

Precioussssss…

Steve Sssssssssss

Days without buying a small shunting locomotive … 28 days

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 9

1 hour ago, BSW01 said:

I taken a few of photos of my new micro layout, which I’ve now called Mike Rowe Engineering, here’s another one.

And Kaydees for loose shunting.

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

34 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

No, no, no, no, no!  And thrice more, no!!!

I mean, your layout looks great @BSW01 and I really like it, the stock, everything…

BUT

Every time I see a yellow 48DS I get incredibly twitchy and an overwhelming impulse to acquire one! We must have it!

I mean, I know the actual yellow livery produced by naughty Hornby isn’t correct but it is still basically yellow and so we wants it as a good basis for an industrial shunter and it looks sooo shiny and yellow and right - perhaps even more so with warning chevrons on radiator and rear cab - and so we really wants it now…

Precioussssss…

Steve Sssssssssss

Days without buying a small shunting locomotive … 28 days

You can do it. Try thinking about something else. Have you tried hunting hippos for instance.

Other types of animals are available of course, but that was the first one that popped into the old brain cell. Can't think why.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Funny 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, BSW01 said:

What scale is that? You may have stated that before but I must have missed it. TIA

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

You can do it. Try thinking about something else. Have you tried hunting hippos for instance.

Other types of animals are available of course, but that was the first one that popped into the old brain cell. Can't think why.

Rumour has it that several have tried hunting Big H before now; ‘tis said their remains are in the foundations of The Great Wallow….

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 10

2 hours ago, polybear said:

Rumour has it that several have tried hunting Big H before now; ‘tis said their remains are in the foundations of The Great Wallow….

Just so long as he doesn't have a desire to visit his ancestral 'homeland', and no I don't mean The Land that Time Forgot aka Wales, he should be okay.

• Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

What scale is that? You may have stated that before but I must have missed it. TIA

00 scale, The loco is a weathered and re-named Hornby 48DS, I think the open is a weathered Bachmann one. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, BSW01 said:

That Scalescenes diorama works really well.  Is it built it in the suggested filebox?  Have you had any problems with fading or have you got a decent inkjet printer/use the manufacturers cartridges? 🤔 

(Unlike mine...)

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

The Stafford Model Railway Circle show is at the end of this month.

Last year we managed a small TNM meeting on the Sunday over a cup of coffee.

Istr it was a rather debonaire Olddudders, Dave Hunt complete with a stick on some groaning, myself and my fellow Trayne Klubbe compatriot, Gordon.

Later we ran into NHY 581, who was exhibiting and passed a couple of messages between him and Pencarrow who was busy demonstrating his plasticard building building skills.

I believe Olddudders is trying to make it on the Sunday, as shall I.

Do we have any other takers?

• Like 9
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

A bit far for me but it looks like a rather splendid exhibition. 

It is. Spacious and full of layouts, trade and demos, some conducted, as HH says by people even I know! Even the catering is professional and affordable. 

• Like 8
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

It is. Spacious and full of layouts, trade and demos, some conducted, as HH says by people even I know! Even the catering is professional and affordable. 

What's the catch- is HH on the door confiscating any 'illegal' cake or will offering to give a personal tour of a muddy hollow. There has to be a 'fly in the ointment'.

• Like 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Istr it was a rather debonaire Olddudders, Dave Hunt complete with a stick on some groaning, myself and my fellow Trayne Klubbe compatriot, Gordon.

Later we ran into NHY 581, who was exhibiting and passed a couple of messages between him and Pencarrow who was busy demonstrating his plasticard building building skills.

I would, but ..............................................

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

I shall be at Stafford,

but

Due to the organisers rather inconveniently holding it on a weekend when I am on shift every year, I shall only be there Saturday, for I have booked leave specially and Mrs SM42 has recorded my non availability in the social calendar for the day. 

I am anticipating a good day out and perhaps a rather late arrival home, maybe with more chattels than I went with.. 

My attendance at a TNM meet up on Sunday is therefore not possible and may I extend my apologies to the Hon Secretary for my absence. 

Andy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Sadly its an 80-odd mile drive just to get there and I don't do long distances*, especially on a Sunday, so I'll have to tender my apologies for being absent.

* 80 Miles+, involving the M6 on a Sunday is a long distance as far as I'm concerned!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium

At 206 miles it's way beyond my maximum show distance too, on any day of the week. Even if LDC were available.

• Friendly/supportive 12

5 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Would have gone but we are on holiday. It's an excellent exhibition with lots of room to walk around.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

SM42 Towers having relieved itself of one set of visitors, is, apparently on standby for the next set. 

T minus 12 days and counting. 

This will probably be the cleanest period since records began at the Towers. 

Andy

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold

I have occasionally seen photos posted on RMweb about Cornish mining buildings. Here is an Essex mining control building. 
image.jpeg.0c48021bc72b81b515839a41d77d7f90.jpeg

East Tilbury. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 7

Just now, Tony_S said:

I have occasionally seen photos posted on RMweb about Cornish mining buildings. Here is an Essex  inning control building. 
image.jpeg.0c48021bc72b81b515839a41d77d7f90.jpeg

East Tilbury. 

That's survived very well considering the Romans built it. First ones to use concrete you know.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1