Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Since I will have spent Fri-Sun at Welshpool, and a fair bit of tomorrow morning getting things tidied away, another model railway jolly in the near future would be diplomatically unwise. 

Hippo or Mouse?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 12

2 hours ago, rockershovel said:

I find no reference to Zulus

It's in Chapter 56 Wave of Justifiable Wars, as item 7.

This includes

4. 2nd Burmese War. Cause: there had only been one Burmese War. Burmese cut to pieces. Burma ceded to the Crown. Peace with Burma.

• Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Have you forgotten to take your special little pink pills again, Bill?

Bill doesn’t need pink pills, his soul has sufficient red in it.

Dave

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, AndyID said:

Sadly nine deaths and a lot more in hospital from a listeria outbreak linked to Boar's Head brand delicatessen meats. It seems the conditions at the plant were quite appalling.

The lawyers are going to get a lot richer.

• Agree 11

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Hroth said:

I'll have half a shredded cabbage, chestnuts, etc and the other half in the slow cooker with whatever I'm slow cooking!

I hope you mean the other half of the cabbag....

• Funny 14

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Hot pannier action at Pantmawr North:

If the Pannier were cold, there wouldn't be much action....

• Agree 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I have returned from Welshpool intact, but with a list of odd little jobs that need sorting before the next outing to Telford on 05 Oct.

We found a stray buffer on the layout.  Obviously it had fallen off a wagon, but we did a buffer count and all the wagons came up with four each, so we are somewhat perplexed by this.  I can only assume it fell off during an earlier exhibition, (we have had to replace missing buffer units in the past) and got tangled up in some of the undergrowth, and has now popped out to say hello!

We have already received an invitation to attend the gala next year.  Apparently Pantmawr North is well received by visitors to the railway, and we interact very well with our audience who go away with a very positive view of railway modelling.  (I suspect that I'm just having my overinflated ego massaged further in order to get me to go back as it saves having to look for another layout🤣.)

Hi HH. I very much enjoyed seeing Pantmawr North yesterday, and thanks for showing me your fiddle yard arrangements. (Think dominos with rails.)  Much food for thought there.

I thought the WLLR Gala was the best for some years, notwithstanding the Drewry failing on Golfa bank on Saturday afternoon.

Keith

usually Alton but currently in Tywyn.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

I suspect that I'm just having my overinflated ego massaged further in order to get me to go back as it saves having to look for another layout

Nothing wrong with a good old bit of sycophancy 😂

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

If the Pannier were cold, there wouldn't be much action....

I thought that it was hot because the chips were frying. 

Jamie

• Like 2
  • Funny 5