Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

51 minutes ago, Northmoor said:

Private Eye once published the photo of the direction sign to the Crematorium, in Charcoal Road.....

Argh that would be just past Cinder Avenue. If you miss that turning you can carry on to Ash Way and turn onto Backfill Lane.

• Funny 13

1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

I've been fettling locos in odd moments over the last few days

20240817_104407.jpg.e43ccfb6523cc2cd89279bc1248be99e.jpg

One if the 3.5F's is in the background behind the 2F.

Jamie

Now you see this is pure and unadulterated Sheddenisum. You wait till that nice Mr Starmer finds out what's been going on. He'll make certain we deprived folk get allocated a shed and what's more he'll tax those who blatantly show off there over sized sheds. Just you wait.

• Funny 14

3 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

It only opened in the last year. I haven't visited it yet, something for the to do list.

Apparently the only R-T-R coaches that are appropriate to run with that loco come with the Hornby 1948 Olympic set. All of a sudden those sets which you couldn't even give away are fetching £££££.

Can't beat a bit of marketing 😀

• Like 12

Interesting wording on the truck of a locomotive built by General Electric for Canadian National:

IMG_2591.JPG.1b701a66fbb5cee19289a24034a81437.JPG

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Now you see this is pure and unadulterated Sheddenisum. You wait till that nice Mr Starmer finds out what's been going on. He'll make certain we deprived folk get allocated a shed and what's more he'll tax those who blatantly show off there over sized sheds. Just you wait.

And the layout plus walkway round it only takes up about 27% of the floorspace.    Does that get me on the list.   And there are now two layouts in there as Lancaster Road is alongside it.  I had three extra operators last Wednesday.

P8153961.JPG.0cfdf6f6e35f0aabdcbc6ffef2d57c89.JPG

Jamie

• Like 17

25 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

And the layout plus walkway round it only takes up about 27% of the floorspace.    Does that get me on the list.   And there are now two layouts in there as Lancaster Road is alongside it.  I had three extra operators last Wednesday.

P8153961.JPG.0cfdf6f6e35f0aabdcbc6ffef2d57c89.JPG

Jamie

Looks to me like your going to need more layouts there Jamie.

Somebody looks a little peeved that she's been gazumped. Definitely going to need a bigger shed.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Argh that would be just past Cinder Avenue. If you miss that turning you can carry on to Ash Way and turn onto Backfill Lane.

Ignore the turning and carry on to Dunham Massey, its prettier!

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Can we please bury all these ghastly puns about cemeteries and the like, I’m getting dead sick of them….

Now you of all people should know that we no longer 'bury' that's very un PC. Instead we 'lay them to rest' or if we are in hostile territory we 'intern them'. You have to be dead on in the funerary world.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Looks to me like your going to need more layouts there Jamie.

Somebody looks a little peeved that she's been gazumped. Definitely going to need a bigger shed.

Fortunately that isn't my granddaughter she's someone else's problem along with her twin brothers. 

2 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Now you of all people should know that we no longer 'bury' that's very un PC. Instead we 'lay them to rest' or if we are in hostile territory we 'intern them'. You have to be dead on in the funerary world.

Or even Inter them. 

Jamie

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Fortunately that isn't my granddaughter she's someone else's problem along with her twin brothers. 

Or even Inter them. 

Jamie

Nope I was right first term thank you.

That's not much of an excuse - there not mine. Don't the waifs and strays deserve layouts. It's not as if you've not got the space  isn't.

• Like 5
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, pH said:

Interesting wording on the truck of a locomotive built by General Electric for Canadian National:

RSA is the usual abbreviation for Republic of South Africa. I thought everything in the USA was made in China? 🙂

Edited by Tony_S
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 12

3 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Republic of South Africa?

I assume so. I did try googling to see if that was the case. The best I got was a statement that some locomotive trucks were made in “the Republic of Africa” .

• Like 8
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, pH said:

I assume so. I did try googling to see if that was the case. The best I got was a statement that some locomotive trucks were made in “the Republic of Africa” .

GE have a plant in South Africa.  The country is a source of quite a few such things.  I think that a lot boy steam loco tyres in the UK are manufactured in South Africa. 

Jamie 

• Like 8
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Wasn't Monica Lewinsky a White House Intern? She was evidently far from dead!

She seemed to struggle to know how to use a Washing Machine for some strange reason….

• Agree 6
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Apparently the only R-T-R coaches that are appropriate to run with that loco come with the Hornby 1948 Olympic set. All of a sudden those sets which you couldn't even give away are fetching £££££.

I have some Crimson and Cream Thompson coaches. I will be quite happy with those even if the real thing only ran with teak finish in early BR days. 

• Like 7