Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

5 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

There is a very, very, classified film of hippos being dropped from a Lancaster bomber to prove the Barnes Wallis theory pertaining to the Upkeep mine. 

My uncle got a bit involved in that and he told me that they did consider calling it the "bouncing hippo bomb" until Wallis put his foot down.

• Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I am currently down in Compound2632's neck of the woods. The repaired dinosaur has been returned to his owner, and the is a Cuthbert the Caterpillar cake for a birthday party to be held on Saturday.

This will be held during the early afternoon as apparently the Bath Fairies are kicking a pig's bladder around later on. 

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

43 minutes ago, AndyID said:

My uncle got a bit involved in that and he told me that they did consider calling it the "bouncing hippo bomb" until Wallis put his foot down.

I hope he checked before hand as hippos aren't what you might call 'house trained'.

Evidence of this is our esteemed  leaders 'outside ablution facilities' aka the hollow.

• Funny 12

3 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

I hope he checked before hand as hippos aren't what you might call 'house trained'.

Evidence of this is our esteemed  leaders 'outside ablution facilities' aka the hollow.

I understand that what finally put the kibosh on it was that the gas expulsion vector was a bit too unpredictable.

• Funny 12

55 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

This will be held during the early afternoon as apparently the Bath Fairies are kicking a pig's bladder around later on. 

It's important to remember you must always mix with the right people.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, AndyID said:

In the proper colour.

449681910_10160346197784423_5627806017412788818_n.jpg.d735750cc4f071eb8b93a5139860e8a4.jpg

Hornby always find it difficult to get the right shade of green, but at least they fitted it with their new steam generator....

• Funny 14

17 hours ago, polybear said:

But......

If the value for eLE[d] chosen should prove incorrect….

Well that’s easy to correct…….

Mr Parabellum is your friend…

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Well that’s easy to correct…….

Mr Parabellum is your friend…

Bear just Googled that big word.....

I can see the headlines now.....

Inquest Verdict:  Poor, Bereft Cake-less Polybear with WooFlu "ends it all" after being encouraged to by some scurrilous Doc on Soshal Mejia........

Doesn't make for great reading, does it?

🤣

Edited by polybear
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, polybear said:

Inquest Verdict:  Poor, Bereft Cake-less Polybear "ends it all" after being encouraged to by some scurrilous Doc on Soshal Mejia........

😢

Can't make my mind up if it would be Express/Mail or Grauniad fodder...

• Funny 9

15 hours ago, polybear said:

They did 🤬 - LDC became plain 'ol LC; they kept the ikky stikky gooey stuff on the top but snaffled away the ikky stikky gooey stuff in the middle.  B'sterds.

Didn't reduce the price though 🤬.  Double B'sterds.

15 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Well costs have gone up my dear Bear.

Next you'll find the Polo mint makers will be charging extra for the hole.

Well, quite. Well done Winnie, Dear Boy.! A keen observer of reality, as always

Now that prices are shooting up and you now have to add your own gooey stuff, given that PB is a retired bear he might as well make his own.

LDC is so simple to make that even Bear could do it (apparently it’s a favourite when baking with kids, so if rugrats can make LDC so can The Bear)

Apart from having total control over the ingredients* which are quite inexpensive (all you need is sugar, eggs, butter, flour, some baking powder, lemon zest and some lemon juice for a moister cake) you also have control over quantity and can bake two or three just as easily as one. 

Just think: 2 or 3 high-quality LDC: one for immediate scoffing, the rest for portioning into Bear sized portions. Wrap the portions in saran-wrap and freeze them. Then, every morning, take a portion out of the freezer and by elevenses the cake will be ready to scoff:

And with careful shopping for good quality ingredients you’ll be quids in.

* Ingredients: 1kg flour £1.65, 1kg sugar £1.05, 6 free range eggs £1.30,, baking powder £0.57, 1 lemon £ 0.30. Total = £4.87 and will make (easily) two cakes. (All prices Tesco). Ready made Tesco LDC is £3.50 each. So two ready made Tesco LDC (containing Gelling Agents, Preservatives, Humectants, Glucose Syrup, Palm Oil, Comminuted Lemon, Emulsifiers and Regulators) will cost more than two home made LDC. I guess the £2.13 difference goes to pay ICI or BASF for the chemicals…..

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, polybear said:

Inquest Verdict:  Poor, Bereft Cake-less Polybear with WooFlu "ends it all" after being encouraged to by some scurrilous Doc on Soshal Mejia........

🤣

But the “scurrilous doc” is totally blameless, the Doc has done nothing more than point out one of many options.

If a foolish and cake addicted Bear, going cold Turkey, reads something on soshul meejia and acts on it, without any due consideration, reflection, or second thoughts, more fool The Bear.

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1

45 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Apart from having total control over the ingredients* which are quite inexpensive (all you need is sugar, eggs, butter, flour, some baking powder, lemon zest and some lemon juice for a moister cake) you also have control over quantity and can bake two or three just as easily as one. 

Just think: 2 or 3 high-quality LDC: one for immediate scoffing, the rest for portioning into Bear sized portions. Wrap the portions in saran-wrap and freeze them. Then, every morning, take a portion out of the freezer and by elevenses the cake will be ready to scoff:

* Ingredients: 1kg flour £1.65, 1kg sugar £1.05, 6 free range eggs £1.30,, baking powder £0.57, 1 lemon £ 0.30. Total = £4.87 and will make (easily) two cakes. (All prices Tesco). Ready made Tesco LDC is £3.50 each. So two ready made Tesco LDC (containing Gelling Agents, Preservatives, Humectants, Glucose Syrup, Palm Oil, Comminuted Lemon, Emulsifiers and Regulators) will cost more than two home made LDC. I guess the £2.13 difference goes to pay ICI or BASF for the chemicals…..

You could add meringues for the ‘continental’ look.

As seen (but not for long) at the locals riding school/saddlery and cafe.

AND ITS GLUTEN FREE.IMG_8920.jpeg.3a49be6f5a5eef778315e8428989c867.jpeg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

Now that prices are shooting up and you now have to add your own gooey stuff, given that PB is a retired bear he might as well make his own.

LDC is so simple to make that even Bear could do it (apparently it’s a favourite when baking with kids, so if rugrats can make LDC so can The Bear)

You seem to overlooking one tiny issue. Rugrats will be curious/bored/interested - pick whichever one is the most appropriate, in undertaking this. Whereas the Bear well let's be charitable and say he'd eat the ingredients.

• Like 1
  • Funny 10

But the “scurrilous doc” is totally blameless, the Doc has done nothing more than point out one of many options.

If a foolish and cake addicted Bear, going cold Turkey, reads something on soshul meejia and acts on it, without any due consideration, reflection, or second thoughts, more fool The Bear.

We are talking about the Bear aren't we. Be serious Doc

• Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

You could add meringues for the ‘continental’ look.

As seen (but not for long) at the locals riding school/saddlery and cafe.

AND ITS GLUTEN FREE.IMG_8920.jpeg.3a49be6f5a5eef778315e8428989c867.jpeg

Please tell Bear that's Buttercream 😋 and not real cream....🤢

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Well costs have gone up my dear Bear.

Next you'll find the Polo mint makers will be charging extra for the hole.

Well I *think* they haven't snaffled the ikky stikky gooey bit out of the:

Coffee & Walnut Cake 🤢

Chocolate Cake

Carrot Cake

- only the LDC 🤬

Go figure.....

I reckon I've got a good case for discrimination against Bears......

• Like 7
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Has iD forgotten the stuff that makes the ikky stikky gooey bit?  And what about the gas/leccy bill?

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

22 minutes ago, polybear said:

Has iD forgotten the stuff that makes the ikky stikky gooey bit?  And what about the gas/leccy bill?

1) Nope, the sticky gooey stuff is icing sugar and lemon juice

2) Nope, it's mere pennies (22.36p/kWh in the UK. An hour would give you both oven warm up and baking time with time left over)

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

1) Nope, the sticky gooey stuff is icing sugar and lemon juice

2) Nope, it's mere pennies (22.36p/kWh in the UK. An hour would give you both oven warm up and baking time with time left over)

iD previously said:

"Apart from having total control over the ingredients* which are quite inexpensive (all you need is sugar, eggs, butter, flour, some baking powder, lemon zest and some lemon juice for a moister cake) you also have control over quantity and can bake two or three just as easily as one"

- Bear doesn't actually see one that says "Icing Sugar"...........

See?  Duff ingredients lists don't make for a Bear-friendly experience.....😁

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3