Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Gold

I was in Aldi this afternoon, picking up some vital supplies.

Passing the cake shelves, I noticed a new line.

LDC!

Just thought the info might be of passing interest... 😃

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

We've just got back from Woking Theatre, watching a performance of Drop the Dead Donkey with all the (surviving) original cast.  Remembered how much when we were students we all loved, but were still terrified of, Susannah Doyle as Joy Merryweather the office PA.

• Like 13

46 minutes ago, Northmoor said:

We've just got back from Woking Theatre, watching a performance of Drop the Dead Donkey with all the (surviving) original cast.  Remembered how much when we were students we all loved, but were still terrified of, Susannah Doyle as Joy Merryweather the office PA.

The Goth one?

I would put her in the same category as Lilith from Cheers. Attractive and you'll have a great time, but make sure you've got a phone handy to call an ambulance as she seemed a bit stabby!

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, SM42 said:

think she was the youngest there. 

She was lucky not to be instantly co-opted as the new face of the party. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

I am doing something today that I have not done in years; reading a Dick Francis novel; WILD HOSES. I had forgotten just how realistic his characters are.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

I am doing something today that I have not done in years; reading a Dick Francis novel; WILD HOSES. I had forgotten just how realistic his characters are.

That must be a new one. I understand firemen really need to watch out for them. They can be very dangerous when they get out of control.

• Like 2
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Hroth said:

I was in Aldi this afternoon, picking up some vital supplies.

Passing the cake shelves, I noticed a new line.

LDC!

Just thought the info might be of passing interest... 😃

Bear felt compelled to investigate further.....it seems the Aldi version doesn't have that yummy ikky stikky gooey stuff on top, like wot the Co-op one does 😢

I also discovered that A Certain Bear beat the Co-op Photographer to it.....

https://shop.coop.co.uk/product/e7b51cc9-9ff4-42f5-b704-4dc1e5fb82aa

Oops.....

• Like 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

15 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear felt compelled to investigate further.....it seems the Aldi version doesn't have that yummy ikky stikky gooey stuff on top, like wot the Co-op one does 😢

Oops.....

QB! 

Access Denied

Co-op Food is not available to customers who are located outside of the UK. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Contact us

If you need support accessing Co-op Food online or assistance with your order you can contact our support centre by telephone.

0330 041 7737

• Agree 2
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Tony_S said:

She was lucky not to be instantly co-opted as the new face of the party. 

It's alright, she was safe.

They've got the old face still. 

Quite odd how this party were in government and now disagree with things they signed up for. 

Who's the enemy this time round?

I suppose that's populism for you. 

Poish politics sometimes makes Trump seem level headed. 

Amdy

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, AndyID said:

QB! 

Access Denied

Co-op Food is not available to customers who are located outside of the UK. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Contact us

If you need support accessing Co-op Food online or assistance with your order you can contact our support centre by telephone.

0330 041 7737

Wonder how you put your order in whilst you're on holiday for delivery when you get back 

They could at least add the country code to the phone  number.  

Andy

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Oops.....

Coop link just went to a page wanting me to log in for deliveries*...

Must admit, the Aldi example I visually examined didn't have a gooey sticky top, but had a crusty rime around the edge of the cake retaining ring, the stickyness must have been too thin and run off!

* Just gave someone elses post code and it claimed that there was none in stock. Bad Bear!  According to their calorie count, they give figures for 100g or 1/6 slice. Who would eat so little? 🤔

Edited by Hroth
update
  • Like 6
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium

Glorious day again here, so far. 

Heading south for a mooch about in the Ostrow area. 

Storms forecast for later today.  

Andy

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Hroth said:

According to their calorie count, they give figures for 100g or 1/6 slice. Who would eat so little? 🤔

Mrs Northmoor's birthday cake was labelled "Serves 14" and I think it has lasted seven days between the two of us,  Sainsburys had one larger chocolate cake which claimed to feed 28.  I looked at it and thought the classic Scottish double-positive, "Aye, right".

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Hroth said:

According to their calorie count, they give figures for 100g or 1/6 slice. Who would eat so little? 

As technically an uncut cake is only one slice, 1/6 would be a reasonable, but still quite miserly, portion.

Andy

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Today’s tasks are outside clean up , shopping and preparing for friends visiting this evening. Chances of any modelling time? Zilch, zero, nada, nil. Poo!

Dave

• Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

More deep joy. Jill has just told me that the circulation pump in the wildlife garden pond isn’t working. Hey, ho, off to work we go.

Dave

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave Hunt said:

Today’s tasks are outside clean up , shopping and preparing for friends visiting this evening. Chances of any modelling time? Zilch, zero, nada, nil. Poo!

Dave

Sometimes mid domestic task, I will be required to take stuff to the holding pen in the garage.

For the unfamiliar, this is generally the full floor space of the garage where 'stuff' gets dropped, so there will be tins of paints, packets of lawnmower parts, bags of cement, bags of sand and empty cardboard boxes which need to be processed before being recycled.

So whilst I am placing stuff in the pen, I notice that I've missed a bit on a paint job I've been doing:  Nothing fancy, but some stuff for the garden that is rattle can finish.

Time for task, including paint agitation prior to starting job around 4 minutes.

You can guarantee that at the 3 minute point. Nyda will arrive and demand to know what I'm doing...

Now it's bl**dy obvious what I'm doing with a mask on and a can of paint in my hand, but I am then castigated for going off task.

Today's tasks would appear to be mow the lawn and then put some grass seed down on a couple of patches that need rejuvenation.

Yesterday was a recovery day from the visitation from the Reading mob.  

When they came up I was presented with a small box of broken dinosaurs.

Some were repaired prior to their trip back, but Dave saw the state of the large T Rex and it's Evostuck ankles, which were not very secure.  We had a discussion about a possible engineering solution

So yesterday afternoon, having cleared the holding pen, I was able to sit down, strip the hind legs of Mr Rex, and carry out some orthopaedic surgery.

Full fat epoxy glue placed across the entire joint and then some steel screws in pre drilled pilot holes and then tightened down completed the ankle fusing.

A quick wipe around the 'ooze points' with some cellulose thinners, which cleaned up the epoxy spillage and Mr Rex is now fit and able once more.

This afternoon, with luck and non domestic interference, PN needs it's scenic boards erected, so I can physically verify the dimensions, after the CAD drawing decided to lose itself in my computer system.

Once I have these I'll redraw it only to find the original will then pop back up, like a child who has just beaten you in a game of hide and seek.

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium

The girls have been spoken to and a certain 5 Yr old was on form.  The tip was then visited and the trailer put away.  Then Beth was talking to a friend in the UK so I started a new task in the shed.  

I started work on a new layout for the aforementioned young lady to play with when she comes over in August.  So two strips of 20 by 50  reinforcement have been pinned and glued onto a sheet of 8mm ply.  I now have to thi k of a name for the layout.  As her surname is Lancaster one word is obvious.  I suspect it maybe one something like Lancaster Water as the owner lives in Allerton Bywater.   

Jamie

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Being an 'insider' must have helped. 

• Agree 8

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Wild Hoses is one of Alan Titchmarsh's. Him with the censored trousers.

More likely his water-feature expert, Charlie of the tasty Dimmocks?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 12

1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Much Piddle on the Wold

Unlikely. The Piddle Brook is in Worcestershire (hence villages like Wyre Piddle), and it does do a good job of Wolds.

• Like 5