Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium

Well, as an Englishman living within spitting distance of the Welsh border, the 6 Nations couldn't have gone much worse today. Incomers in North Shropshire not happy tonight 😥

Dave

• Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, SM42 said:

Should do. 

George Digweed hit a standard clay target at 130yds, so a stationary one at just over 50 should be a breeze. 

Might be quite a spread by then though. 

Could hit all the others as well. 

Andy

George is the exception to the rule

30 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Well, as an Englishman living within spitting distance of the Welsh border, the 6 Nations couldn't have gone much worse today. Incomers in North Shropshire not happy tonight 😥

Dave

In this household the result was a foregone conclusion.  It was just a pity that Wales conceded the last try:  They'd gone back to sleep again.

I think they lack the players with the experience/tactical eye to capitalise on opportunities.  They also do not seem to have a captain with any presence, nor pack and back leaders drilling them into order, which means at times they appear to amble around with no sense of purpose when they are in attack.

Dangle land threw away a respectable early lead and then decided to give the rugby world a spectacular display of how not to manage a loose ball on a number of occasions.

2 hours ago, SM42 said:

The spirit level was found BTW

On a shelf. 🙄

Andy

But was the shelf level?

• Like 11
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Dave Hunt said:

With English and Scottish parents, being born in England but living between ages 2-18 in Wales (and a bit more afterwards), I can never decide who I want to lose more.....

• Like 2
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

But was the shelf level?

Mostly.

About a 1/64 of a bubble out,  close enough not to be noticed. 

The bracket wax dead on, so I had to adjust it  off level to compensate for the slight discrepancy in the brackets manufacture. 

Andy

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Northmoor said:

With English and Scottish parents, being born in England but living between ages 2-18 in Wales (and a bit more afterwards), I can never decide who I want to lose more.....

France ?

Andy

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, SM42 said:

Mostly.

About a 1/64 of a bubble out,  close enough not to be noticed. 

The bracket wax dead on, so I had to adjust it  off level to compensate for the slight discrepancy in the brackets manufacture. 

Andy

Bear uses a Clino....

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear uses a Clino....

I put a curtain rail up for friend Jayne when she rebuild her cottage, dead level with the help of appropriate devices.  Looks awful as the floor runs off really badly.....the whole place is a parallelogram. It is VERY old, proper Manx stone cottage. She insists on leaving it as a 'feature', it drives me mad.

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium
On 18/02/2024 at 12:11, Happy Hippo said:

I need to rehang a wardrobe door where the hinges have pulled out of the chipboard carcass.

I’m catching up (not visited for a few days and there’s pages and pages to read!) so possibly a little late but …

If you type in the phrase “Fix damaged doors around hinges” into Google then rest assured even if you don’t look at the results you will shortly thereafter see advert posts in FaceBook* for rather neat little metal plates that fix over the damaged area and allow your hinges to once again securely hold your cupboard doors. Might be something to consider if the epoxy doesn’t work.

I’m speaking from experience!, by the way -  those bl@@dy adverts kept appearing for weeks afterwards!!

Steve S 

* How does FB know?! 🤔🫢🤣

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

I’m catching up (not visited for a few days and there’s pages and pages to read!) so possibly a little late but …

If you type in the phrase “Fix damaged doors around hinges” into Google then rest assured even if you don’t look at the results you will shortly thereafter see advert posts in FaceBook* for rather neat little metal plates that fix over the damaged area and allow your hinges to once again securely hold your cupboard doors. Might be something to consider if the epoxy doesn’t work.

I’m speaking from experience!, by the way -  those bl@@dy adverts kept appearing for weeks afterwards!!

Steve S 

* How does FB know?! 🤔🫢🤣

What is this FB of which you speak ?

OK, of course I know what FarseBoke is, but some of us avoid it. The only worse "soshul meeja" site I can think of would be what used to be know as Twatter.

Edited by zarniwhoop
sed -i 's/use/us/'
  • Like 6
  • Agree 4

5 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

I put a curtain rail up for friend Jayne when she rebuild her cottage, dead level with the help of appropriate devices.  Looks awful as the floor runs off really badly.....the whole place is a parallelogram. It is VERY old, proper Manx stone cottage. She insists on leaving it as a 'feature', it drives me mad.

Ah yes, there is level according to gravity at that particular location then there is level as meets the eye.

• Like 7
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, polybear said:

You can claim for that....

You've been watching too many ambulance chasing ads on the telly.  And look what happened to those poor no win no fee bu@gers who made claims for mould and their lawyers went bust...

10 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Parallel to the real world and the curtains stay put. Parallel to the floor, the curtains run and hide at one side.  It all depends on what you want the curtains to do!

• Like 9
  • Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, zarniwhoop said:

. The only worse "soshul meeja" site I can think of would be what used to be know as Twatter.

A real anti social network

Andy

• Agree 9

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, SM42 said:

Spring has sprung at SM42 Towers as evidenced by the doleful cry of the petrol driven lawnmower

Andy

No one uses such things, or chainsaws or strimmers on Sundays in our village. The only extra sounds you hear are the occasional shots from the hunters and the odd tractor unless it's harvest time. 

Jamie

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

and the odd tractor

We sometimes hear our neighbour’s Lamborghini (are they not a sort of tractor?) starting up if he takes it out on a Sunday. We are normally asleep when he goes to work on weekdays. 

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

We sometimes hear our neighbour’s Lamborghini (are they not a sort of tractor?) starting up if he takes it out on a Sunday. We are normally asleep when he goes to work on weekdays. 

That makes it sound like an EE Type 3 starting from cold...

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

We had a good journey to Solihull yesterday. The motorways were not at all busy which was fortunate as we left home exactly 40 minutes later than the time I thought we should be on our way. This was so we could have lunch somewhere before arriving at my aunts 90th birthday party at 2pm. We had time to purchase sandwiches from a Waitrose at Corley Services, eat them and then continue the journey. If we had been able to last until until we got to the party venue we would have been ok, there was a huge birthday tea of sandwiches , cheese board, and loads of cakes. My cousin had organised everything for her mother’s party. Aunty was the only one from her generation there but people of about my age who were the children of former neighbours. I was amused at how my cousin’s grandsons (age 6 and 8) decided Aditi would join in with their activities must be a reduced height thing! 
The journey back was fine too. We were home just after 8pm. We did think about visiting MiL in Enfield as we were quite close but when we phoned she said she was going to bed.  Aditi’s brother has driven down from Kettering to her today so that will be a pleasant change for her. 
Tony

• Like 13