Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

4 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

So remember:

My edict is that Pannier tanks are wonderful machines.

23 minutes ago, bbishop said:

Only the Belgian ones.

The Belgians make panniers as well? Like Mr Brunel’s superlative and unsurpassed GWR?

I thought the Belgians only produced TinTin comics, expensive chocolate, Moules et Frites avec mayonnaise and weird fruit beers…

Well I never, you live and learn. You live and learn….

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 10

4 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

So remember:

Look I now I said I believe you, but there are just some things that are so far out there that even your word has to be doubted.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

I thought the Belgians only produced TinTin comics, expensive chocolate, Moules et Frites avec mayonnaise and weird fruit beers…

.....and M. Poirot.

Dave

• Like 3
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Look I now I said I believe you, but there are just some things that are so far out there that even your word has to be doubted.

You really shouldn't be so judgmental on some poor soul who can be so misled and delusioned.

Dave

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold

I thought I'd bore you all with an update after today's appointment at the Ophthalmic outpatients clinic at RSH.

On arrival, the eye pressures were measured, the left eye pressure being 6 points lower than the right.

I had the 100 shots of laser into each eye, and afterwards the pressures were the same as before, which is very good, as after the procedure,  the pressures often rise significantly for a short period.

However, the consultant was not happy with how my eyes look.  Bloodshot is a sign of irritation so she has decided to change all my glaucoma medication in order to reduce the irritation.

She also prescribed a five day course of anti inflammatory drops (which again is standard procedure after eye surgery).

I've had to sit down and write a timetable for the 11 drops per eye per day I am now prescribed, as there needs to be a gap between taking them in order that they don't wash out the preceding set of drops.

Of course, of the three sets of new drops prescribed today, the chemist only had the anti inflammatory drops in stock, so I am awaiting a call for when the new 'gentle' ones will arrive.

I'll get another inspection is about 8 weeks time, to find out if this bout of laser treatment has had the desired effect.

At the moment it seems to be working well with the left eye, not so much with the right.

We did have quite an interesting discussion about the use of lasers and infra red light because there is obviously a slight crossover with the requirements of the laser machine they use for the surgery and the systems we use for non passive night shooting.

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

.....and M. Poirot.

Dave

I think he was more a figment of an Englishwoman's imagination.

3 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

You really shouldn't be so judgmental on some poor soul who can be so misled and delusioned.

Pot, Kettle, Black springs to mind

• Like 3
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Happy Hippo said:

I think he was more a figment of an Englishwoman's imagination.

You mean he isn't real? oh, pooh!

2 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Pot, Kettle, Black springs to mind

Don't you mean pot, kettle, red?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Tim to dust off.....

syss809.jpg.3a348348c375005fa1d02ddc3fc8dabf.jpg

Far out is right!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 11

6 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Do you have a specific planet in mind, or is this a general delusion?

Asking for a friend, as this post frequently uses to dilute-down abuse.

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

The Belgians make panniers as well? Like Mr Brunel’s superlative and unsurpassed GWR?

Well I never, you live and learn. You live and learn….

Don't forget Trappist beers.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

They live amongst us.

It's like a dairy farm near us. If they got rid of all the cows they've got hanging around I'm sure they  could use the land better.

Dave

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold

I think we've now covered most of the "Famous Belgians"?

Oh wait, I forgot Guylian Chocolate Seashells...

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I think we've now covered most of the "Famous Belgians"?

Oh wait, I forgot Guylian Chocolate Seashells...

You forgot Jean-Claude Van Damme and some of the Premiership's best footballers of recent years.

• Agree 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

38 minutes ago, Northmoor said:

You forgot Jean-Claude Van Damme and some of the Premiership's best footballers of recent years.

What's this football thing you speak of. Is it popular or something?

• Agree 2
  • Funny 12

51 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

It's like a dairy farm near us. If they got rid of all the cows they've got hanging around I'm sure they  could use the land better.

Dave

I thought that was currant government policy. Get rid of the cows as they produce methane and the sheep as they damage upland habitats and plant trees instead to reduce our carbon footprint.

• Like 2
  • Agree 7
  • Funny 1

Home again after a pleasant 550 mile drive from Pocatello to North Idaho. The reason it was pleasant was because the weather was beautiful. Lots of sunshine and the mountains have lot of snow. It was also quite relaxing because most of it was with the cruise control set at 82 mph and there was very little traffic on the road.

The route was North on Interstate 15 then West on Interstate 90. The I-15 section crosses the Continental Divide West to East at 6,800 feet then recrosses East to West at 5,800 feet. Quite cold up there but the road was free of ice and snow. Truly spectacular on a clear day as it was today.

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 2