Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

I bought two of the O scale Dapol autocoaches with the idea of making them into a two-car (coupled back-to-back) MU train; so far al that has happened is an inspection upon delivery. 😉

If you have an auto-fitted 14xx, you can couple your autocoaches on either side, simples!

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, SM42 said:

If it can't be fixed with a hammer,  a screwdriver, spanners or pair of pliers

A useful set of tools for adjusting track irregularities on my layout. Peco track is quite robust…

• Like 4
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Macaroons have been brought home and extensively quality control trolled. We're not sure how long they keep so the remaining O hines will have to be checked tomorrow. Now need to F Bd out where I can get a tin of Landy Y coach tan paint.

Jamie 

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

After our three days of house, horse, dog and cat sitting when nothing to speak of went wrong, we went to load the car this morning only to discover a flat tyre. And I mean flat, not just down a bit. Luckily when I bought the car I insisted on a proper spare wheel and made it essential to concluding the deal so we didn't have to mess about with any of the pathetic things that are foisted on motorists today. However, I hadn't reckoned on removing the wheel that had bolts which were applied by an over enthusiastic wielder of a pneumatic spanner and it took me ages to get the damn things undone. Luckily I found a piece of iron bar that fitted into the hollow handled wheelbrace so eventually the problem was solved. I think I know what happened as yesterday evening when going for the fish 'n chips I hit one of the myriad potholes that Shropshire seems to be growing and although by the time I got back the tyre low pressure warning hadn't come on it must have caused enough damage to leak overnight. I'll have to take it into our friendly tyre man on Monday morning and just hope that the alloy rim hasn't been KO'd.

Dave

Bear has one similar to this - works well; you do have to be careful not to over-tighten the nuts when putting the wheel back on.....

https://www.screwfix.com/p/rac-telescopic-wheel-wrench-17-19mm/7182R?tc=ST2&gad_source=1&gclsrc=ds&gclsrc=ds

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, polybear said:

Bear has one similar to this - works well; you do have to be careful not to over-tighten the nuts when putting the wheel back on.....

https://www.screwfix.com/p/rac-telescopic-wheel-wrench-17-19mm/7182R?tc=ST2&gad_source=1&gclsrc=ds&gclsrc=ds

I really hate overtightened nuts.

I have awoken to the sound of liquid sunshine pounding on the bedroom window.

So typical of a Welsh Sunday morning.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, SM42 said:

Another busy day dawns. 

I'm still stunningly beautiful though. 

I may look less so by this evening. 

Andy

But are you wearing beer goggles when you look in the mirror. 

Jamie

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

But are you wearing beer goggles when you look in the mirror. 

Jamie

No beer of the alcoholic variety was consumed. 

Stone cold sober assessment of my natural beauty. 

Andy 

Edited by SM42
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I am about to start the long and traditional tradition of preparing the bottle of Penderyn for its opening when my brother arrives.

This is a ritual guaranteed to heighten the delight of its consumption.

How much will remain in the bottle after its opening is anyone's guess... 

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

I really hate overtightened nuts.

I have awoken to the sound of liquid sunshine pounding on the bedroom window.

So typical of a Welsh Sunday morning.

Danemouth has given me a heart.

No doubt Rhiwbina is bathed in brilliant sunshine, and he is out on his sun lounger, supping a pint of Brains Dark.

• Like 6
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

No doubt Rhiwbina is bathed in brilliant sunshine, and he is out on his sun lounger, supping a pint of Brains Dark.

I believe I have known a number of people who must have had dark brains....

• Agree 7

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

I believe I have known a number of people who must have had dark brains....

And I think that I've known several who just have a black hole instead of one. 

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 8

1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

I am about to start the long and traditional tradition of preparing the bottle of Penderyn for its opening when my brother arrives.

This is a ritual guaranteed to heighten the delight of its consumption.

How much will remain in the bottle after its opening is anyone's guess... 

My late friend Jim always brought a decent bottle of malt when we took the layout to shows. He opened it on the Saturday night on our return to the digs after eating out.  The cork was discarded with the words ' We won't need that again' and we never did!

Ian.

• Like 11
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Castel Danemouth situated in Rhiwbina has had a little drizzle this morning but there is no sign of the large yellow orb 😟

I will have a certain large Pachyderm (a former resident of Rhiwbina) that I do not drink Brains Dark - it has to be Brains Light (Bitter)

Actually I only ever drink beer when I go to a pub, at home it is either dry white wine or Penderyn except after Sunday Luch when the odd Port or three may be forced down.

Dave

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

And I think that I've known several who just have a black hole instead of one. 

Reminds me of the surgeon who was the first ever to offer brain transplants. He advertised various categories ranging from £10,000 to £25,000 but by far and away the most expensive were politicians' brains at £100,000 plus. When asked why they were so expensive he said, "Well, they've never been used."

Dave

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

Today has mainly been devoted to making Hunt Towers look Christmassy. My job has mainly been humping and dumping  but the process didn't start well when Jill went up into the loft to get the decorations down and found that when the roofers were working earlier in the year they had managed to cover most of the loft contents in muck and grot. Just getting things out caused a veritable shower of dirt so the next couple of hours were spent cleaning up the floors and the bags and boxes that held the goodies. Damn! The result is that the decorating is not yet finished but we are currently having a break.

Dave  

• Friendly/supportive 14