Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Turkey (the bird, not the country)!

Eugh!

I reckon Turkey is to a good Christmas Dinner as Frozen Curly Fries are to a real meal….. “not compatible” (especially the industrially reared monstrosities which are bred for size) ...snip...

True, they are bred to be Dolly Partons! I much prefer the dark meat as it is much more moist and does have some flavor.

12 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Turkey (the bird, not the country)! ...snip...

Duck, quail, guinea-fowl and even pheasant (if you know how to cook it properly, pheasant is easy to cook badly) are all incredibly tasty alternatives to Turkey. ...snip...

I once persuaded Mother to get a duck (commercially raised fresh Long Island duck) for the Christmas meal. She cooked it the only way that she was familiar with (like a turkey) and it turned out almost spectacular, we both liked it quite well! Duck became part of our future holiday meal routine.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Bettys in Yorkshire have an emergency trolley to provide cake to those in need. 
20231109_144425.jpeg.742bc445f721af8896ac6b8bd1601088.jpeg

10 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Look the sort of thing that PB would use for a takeaway order.

Not quite ready yet, the bottom shelf/tray is still empty! 😢

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Porkscratching said:

Or this one, seen here with her pussy.... 

IMG_20231207_163625.jpg

Cute, but the one of VS coyly posing, barely covered by her bathtowel is even better...

(I'd post it, but I'm using a misbegotten tablet and it won't let me do things like that...)

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Someone mentioned duck. We have just had four freshly prepared ones delivered.  One will be roasted New Years Day when we return from the UK. 

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Nyda has got up this morning with a cold.

She has decided that a trip to S Wales would not be in her best interests, so with all arrangements in place, I shall have to travel solo.

Unfortunately for br2975, this has a knock on effect of the 'quick drop off' scheduled for Monday morning.  This will invariably now involve a District Engineer's inspection of the entire trackage of the Efflew Valley.

However, he will be heartened to know that the small box he was expecting to receive, has now grown to three slightly larger receptacles.

Refreshment on the route down to Margam today will be taken, as is tradition, at the Monkland Cheese Dairy, prior to a trek over the western approaches to the Brecon Beacons.

I will remember to wave 1 3/4 fingers in the direction of Pen-Y-Fan, as I pass by the Storey Arms on the A470.

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

will remember to wave 1 3/4 fingers in the direction of Pen-Y-Fan, as I pass by the Storey Arms on the A470.

Is this some sort of tradition like crossing the equator or Arctic Circle?

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

I will remember to wave 1 3/4 fingers in the direction of Pen-Y-Fan, as I pass by the Storey Arms on the A470.

5 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Is this some sort of tradition like crossing the equator or Arctic Circle?

5 hours ago, bbishop said:

Used to be two fingers, but needs must.

Perhaps the missing 1/4 finger is still up there....

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 7