Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

1 hour ago, SM42 said:

At times like these you realise you need a strong magnet on a stick. 

Or you could just let the car tyres find them. 

Andy

Tough luck if they are brass 😄

But all may not be lost. I suppose it might be possible to heat them up with radio frequency energy then use thermal imaging to find them. Mind you, it might be easier just to buy more screws.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

"There's a great nursing joke about Llandudno which is entirely unsuitable for this forum."

No it's not.....go on, tell it.

Dave

If it's the one I remember Ludo is mentioned as well. 

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium

True story: I was once in a bar where there were an Englishman (me) an Irishman, a Scotsman and a Welshman. The Welshman, being the first to cotton on to the possibilities, said, "Bl00dy 'ell, you lot are a joke."

Dave

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Why don't we just call them out by numbers like they do in prisons? Saves a lot of time when everyone already knows them all.

Of course it's important to remember it's the way you tell them that really matters if you want to get a laugh.

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, AndyID said:

Why don't we just call them out by numbers like they do in prisons? Saves a lot of time when everyone already knows them all.

Of course it's important to remember it's the way you tell them that really matters if you want to get a laugh.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

It certainly cost Pete Waterman a fortune.

Flying Scotsman has cost everyone who has owned it, post-British Railways, a fortune.

I was at the RAF Museum this afternoon, (sadly Hangar 5, which I missed in my rushed visit last year, was closed!  However, Squadron Leader, I took the opportunity to photograph your old office:

IMG_1692.JPG.8993ecb24ce79f22e2f26e15fe4a7dd5.JPG

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Northmoor said:

Flying Scotsman has cost everyone who has owned it, post-British Railways, a fortune.

I was at the RAF Museum this afternoon, (sadly Hangar 5, which I missed in my rushed visit last year, was closed!  However, Squadron Leader, I took the opportunity to photograph your old office:

IMG_1692.JPG.8993ecb24ce79f22e2f26e15fe4a7dd5.JPG

Wot! No entertainment center and SatNav?

• Funny 10

Sometimes I'm a bit slow. When I'm drawing something in CAD I tend to think as if I'm carving it out of solid metal and do it in that order. So, start with a lump then take bits off and drill and bore holes as required.

But that's quite unnecessary in CAD. In CAD you can construct solids where one solid represents the outer body and the other solid represents the holes. Then you simply subtract the holes from the body, like this.

Screenshot(67).png.5717cebe3c9a40c63c9f96f9191cc548.png

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 2