Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

20 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

A bit like the old bloke who lives in our spare bedroom:

'What do you mean, my smelly old uncle? I thought he was your smelly old uncle!'

You may have a squatter...

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

I've lived in this house for 35 years, I still find things that I'd completely forgotten or didn't know I had.

Bear hopes that I might just find a box full of Marbles somewhere....

7 hours ago, MrWolf said:

But you have my sympathy when it comes to being lumbered with O.P.S. (Other People's  Shi... Stuff...) in your garage.

It was only going to be there for a couple of weeks wasn't it? 

You need to have a chat with @Erichill16.......

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, polybear said:

Bear hopes that I might just find a box full of Marbles somewhere....

You've not lost them AGAIN???

Edited by Hroth
Tidied up the quote...
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Woe is me!

Fish, chips and mushy peas for our evening meal, and a can of Old Speckled Hen has just burst open and has to be drunk before it goes off.

I think his friend who is hiding in the fridge might also feel he needs more exposure.

Beer cans bursting is now quite commonplace. All down to costcutting with thinner metal.

• Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

I've lived in this house for 35 years, I still find things that I'd completely forgotten or didn't know I had.

I can't match 35. But when we cleared out my parents' house in France where they had lived for 26 years, we found some items that had clearly been untouched after an expensive removal from the UK. The most obvious example was boxes of headed notepaper with the London address on.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

We’ve been in this house now for over 43 years now!

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

We’ve been in this house now for over 43 years now!

We have been here for 33 years, the longest either of us have lived anywhere. Sometimes though it seems as if we have just moved in. We were in our previous hours for 13 years but it seemed longer, Time flies differently in memory I suppose, unlike fruit flies which are just irritating. 

• Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

In our first 32 years of marriage we lived in eleven different houses/flats not counting several stays in temporary accommodation, then I left the RAF and we have lived here in North Hipposhire at Hunt Towers for 22 years. Until we moved here, accumulating junk wasn’t a problem as every few years we were more or less forced to have a clear out but now? I’m beginning to think, “To hell with it, I’ll probably be taken out of here in a box so it’ll be an SEP*.

*Someone Else’s Problem

Dave

• Agree 9
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

We lived in our last house for 38 years and the loft and it's contents were intended to be my revenge on the kids when they put me in a home.  Something went wrong with that plan. 

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

The old man is clearing his house as he wants to move to a smaller gaff.  He's cleared the loft but I remembered the other day that I put a TT BR brake an on a ledge on the chimney brickwork.  I was going to retrieve it but I'll leave it for the next loft trainset builder (or not) to find.  He's been there for about 57 years I think.

The longest I've lived anywhere was at Nola's, that being about 15 years.  I've been in my current drum about 18 months (and wish it wasn't halfway up a hill 🙄).

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Nowhere near as scary as the programme that was often in the same slot when Rainbow was having a break - Pipkins....

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I have Pipkins on DVD. I didn't realise how weird it was until I saw it again.  Were they all on acid or something?  Stuff of nightmares 🤯

PS: I still use the expression:

"I'm Pig and I'm hungry" (in the Brummie accent too).

Edited by Tim Dubya
I'm Pig...
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

The children’s programmes I liked to watch when our two were young were the Magic Roundabout, the Clangers and Sesame Street.

”Time for bed and cookies,” said the Soup Dragon.

Dave

• Like 9
  • Funny 4

5 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Beer cans bursting is now quite commonplace. All down to costcutting with thinner metal.

Joining cans in a pack together with splodges of glue to avoid the use of plastic rings is also becoming common and leading to the same issue - you simply don't know how much force to use safely, and if you simply can't budge it (as happened to me a few weeks back) and resort to some sort of blade to separate them you're asking for even worse trouble however careful you try to be ...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

Until we moved here, accumulating junk wasn’t a problem as every few years we were more or less forced to have a clear out but now? I’m beginning to think, “To hell with it, I’ll probably be taken out of here in a box so it’ll be an SEP*.

*Someone Else’s Problem

Dave

That is actually one of Bear's great worries, having no family close enough to take care of such matters when I'm in the Great Cake Shop in the Sky.

The "junk" I'm not worried about (though I like to think there's very little of that) - it's the "good stuff" (to me at least) that I most definitely wouldn't want to end up in a skip or being lifted by some dishonest scrote.

Sleepless nights over it?  Oh yes, plenty.

Poo.

• Friendly/supportive 13