Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Dave Hunt said:

Yup

C8A91D6F-B20F-471A-88C5-52116FBACF74.jpeg.ad15c7b9c9adb981b076aebb33415418.jpeg

Dave

36 minutes ago, polybear said:

Is it just Bear, or would those wonky paving slabs drive others nutzo as well?

Step across the pavement and through the door, and enter an Escherian nightmare...

image.png.19d6c267186b4b2632a130ac366a210c.png

Good luck!

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, polybear said:

You would definitely not like our patio slabs. They are made from moulds of real York paving slabs. 

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 21/07/2023 at 09:33, Happy Hippo said:

Modelu do a nice flock, but they may be a bit plump and fluffy compared to the downright scrawny, violent and grubby scavengers that terrorise the local inhabitants of the Efflew Valley:

image.png.459a51474a1a7913574e740e3ebe293c.png

Until she saw the light, the daughter was once a Police Communuity Support Officer in the Garw Valley, South Wales.

The most common cause of complaint by residents attending PACT meetings were the anti-social activities of the flock of feral sheep that roamed the streets of Pontycymmer, over turning wheelie bins, and ripping open 'bin bags' to access the rotting contents.

The flock would decimate gardens and leave calling cards on the gardens that resembled the contents of a large Eccles cake.

These feral beasts knew no fear and would see off local dogs, and even the more timid human members of the community.

Eventually, the daughter moved on, changed her uniform and policed the much quieter, safer, and less violent human inhabitants of the "run down, deprived, sprawling and riot torn Ely housing estate in the western suburbs of Cardiff"

Edited by br2975
  • Like 3
  • Funny 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, br2975 said:

Until she saw the light, the daughter was once a Police Communuity Support Officer in the Garw Valley, South Wales.

The most common cause of complaint by residents attending PACT meetings were the anti-social activities of the flock of feral sheep that roamed the streets of Pontycymmer, over turning wheelie bins, and ripping open 'bin bags' to access the rotting contents.

The flock would decimate gardens and leave calling cards on the gardens that resembled the contents of a large Eccles cake.

These feral beasts knew no fear and would see off local dogs, and even the more timid human members of the community.

Eventually, the daughter moved on, changed her uniform and policed the much quieter, safer, and less violent human inhabitants of the "run down, deprived, sprawling and riot torn Ely housing estate in the western suburbs of Cardiff"

Caerau?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

You lucky, jammy, so-and-so! That is a superb model.

If I were so lucky I’d be torn between running it or putting in a prominent place in a bespoke walnut and glass display case for all to admire…

If it were mine, I would be running the wheels off of it.

Well, maybe not literally, but it would get a lot of use. I would get a couple of used MK1s and run it in tourist service.

• Like 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

See how I spoil her.

It's taken almost 50 years to get 'Mrs. br2975' to appreciate the delights of 'window hanging' - 'smoke smuts' and street running.......... I suspect the smile may be forced as she is still hard to 'fathom out' after all these years..

Bad Doberan last week.

20230717_154645.jpg

Edited by br2975
  • Like 15
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, polybear said:

Do you know, I’ve never noticed that. They are like that because they are normal to the path and steps leading down to the shed, which is at an angle to them. They’ve got to be normal to something after all.

Dave

PS Before you lot start, I’m using normal in the mathematical sense of at right angles to.

• Like 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 2

7 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Can you identify the breed of sheep that has been modelled? The colour of sheep varies greatly depending on the breed as does the amount of the head that is dark in colour.

Near Lambourn a few years ago there was a big flock of black sheep with just one white one.

Have they any wool?

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Tony_S said:

You would definitely not like our patio slabs. They are made from moulds of real York paving slabs. 

Wonky surfaces I can live with - it's when the edges are on the p1ss I get all discombobulated.

If a book is on a coffee table I want the spine of the book parallel with the edge of the table.

Circular or oval table?  Meltdown.

It's a Bear thing

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium
Just now, polybear said:

Wonky surfaces I can live with - it's when the edges are on the p1ss I get all discombobulated.

If a book is on a coffee table I want the spine of the book parallel with the edge of the table.

It's a Bear thing

OCD - I can sympathise!

CJI.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

OCD - I can sympathise!

CJI.

You're not a proper OCD sufferer until you have CDO.  It's the same thing, but the letters are in alphabetical order, which is the way they MUST be.

• Like 1
  • Funny 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Northmoor said:
2 hours ago, cctransuk said:

OCD - I can sympathise!

CJI.

You're not a proper OCD sufferer until you have CDO.  It's the same thing, but the letters are in alphabetical order, which is the way they MUST be.

HA HA  becomes  AH AH

Edited by Canal Digger
correction
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, polybear said:

It's a Bear thing

Some of us get like that when we see improbable track plans and impossible signalling on model railways.

• Like 9
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Mentioning model railways...

Nyda was out this afternoon at a Girlguiding tea party, so I took the opportunity to dry assemble the third manifestation of the signal box for PN.

There is one corner that requires a bit lopped off. Apart from that, it fits together perfectly:20230722_163822.jpg.2d5475e9098f551bafaa4b99a90a99ce.jpg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• RMweb Gold

4 minutes ago, TheQ said:

One thing I can tell you is sheep are not white.

We have 3 sheep in at the moment. Fleeces that is.

Fresh flour would be a starting point then weathered with grey.

Another fleece we have in at the moment , is what I would describe as dirty ginger tom

Here's the colours of just the Shetland sheep breed

image.png.be0bd628f58fb7044310a0a63ddf0c86.png

Aesthetically speaking, I like the Spotty Dog one!

Just before submitting reply, I realised the creative misunderstandings that would arise from an unqualified statement...

• Like 4
  • Funny 8