Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium

The door frame didn't get done. 

Everything else did. 

The weather was so good that other outdoor jobs got run in instead. 

As the forecast is wet tomorrow,  indoor stuff is on the cards. 

Cake therapy has been completed 

I now need some beer therapy. 

Andy

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium

Earlier today, around 6, whilst I was tidying the front garden, the neighbour's cat came round. 

I was expecting this as I saw it leaving another neighbour's house about an hour earlier. 

It loitered by the closed front door and then disappeared down the side entry. 

Now I knew the back door was open and Mrs SM42 was on the kitchen. It was inevitable that the phrase " ah sweet man"  would be uttered very soon. 

About 10 minutes later Mrs SM42 appeared at the front door. 

" Have you seen the cat?" I asked. 

"No"

"Oh"

Anyway 

Mrs SM42 has turned in and I've just walked out of the kitchen with a beer to find a cat in the lounge. 😯

It has now been let out.

Where it has been for the last 4 hours, who knows.  

Likely asleep somewhere no doubt and awoken by Mrs SM42 clumping about upstairs. 

Andy

• Like 2
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium

Our cat, Horace, was originally one of our neighbours' along with several others but decided one day that he would rather live with us. He set about it in the most determined way and despite us trying to dissuade him managed within a few months to move in permanently. The neighbours, who knew that we hadn't really been party to Horace's relocation, were happy to let him go and he's been with us ever since.

Dave

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 2

2 hours ago, SM42 said:

Earlier today, around 6, whilst I was tidying the front garden, the neighbour's cat came round. 

I was expecting this as I saw it leaving another neighbour's house about an hour earlier. 

It loitered by the closed front door and then disappeared down the side entry. 

Now I knew the back door was open and Mrs SM42 was on the kitchen. It was inevitable that the phrase " ah sweet man"  would be uttered very soon. 

About 10 minutes later Mrs SM42 appeared at the front door. 

" Have you seen the cat?" I asked. 

"No"

"Oh"

Anyway 

Mrs SM42 has turned in and I've just walked out of the kitchen with a beer to find a cat in the lounge. 😯

It has now been let out.

Where it has been for the last 4 hours, who knows.  

Likely asleep somewhere no doubt and awoken by Mrs SM42 clumping about upstairs. 

Andy

This seems to be the time of year for that. Maybe cats are getting out more now the weather’s getting warmer? This morning, my wife went out to the mailbox at the bottom of the front drive and didn’t close the front door completely. When she returned and pushed the door open, the large black cat from two doors up the road shot out of the house past her.

• Like 3
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Having got back from MIOG on Sunday, I was hit with a barrage of 'things' still to be done prior to Nyda's friends arriving yesterday.

This continued throughout yesterday and I was in full on being polite and entertaining mode.  However this behaviour, which for those who know me, would be deemed very unusual or even quite bizarre.  Fortunately, this bonhomie did not have to extend to opening any of my whisky.

Today will be more of the same and I suspect that as the weather is slightly better than expected, I will be acting as the chauffeur for a visit to somewhere like Powis Castle, or Llangollen.

I doubt that even going past the Dapol factory at Chirk, en route to Llangollen, would I be permitted a 'quick' stop.

• Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

The last bit ( sewer inspection cover) of the new patio has been delivered. 

Laying of slabs can therefore commence. 

But not today.

Andy

Edited by SM42
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

20 minutes ago, SM42 said:

The last bit ( ewer inspection cover) of the new patio has been delivered. 

Laying of slabs can therefore commence. 

But not today.

Andy

A ewer inspection cover. That's very novel. Personally I'd just stick with an ordinary sheep one, but you have to move with the times 

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

A ewer inspection cover. That's very novel. Personally I'd just stick with an ordinary sheep one, but you have to move with the times 

Isn't predictive text wonderful?

Andy

• Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, polybear said:

Who's Bill?

I think his surname is Stickers! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Haven’t you ever met Bill?

I've met Gas Bill.  And Leccy Bill.....Water Bill.....

5 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

I think his surname is Stickers! 

I thought it was Posters?

• Like 2
  • Funny 4