Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Gold

I managed to put up half the barge boards on the summerhouse today.

Then the rain decided to make an appearance.

I will get it finished probably around December...

2023!

The weather forecast is much better for tomorrow.

I'm currently enjoying my second glass of Cardu single malt:  Purely for medicinal purposes.

I don't know whats wrong with me yet, but I'll come up with something to justify the consumption.🤣

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, br2975 said:

Obviously a training implication there, for the officers, and more so for their force.  I agree

Compared to 'mainland' VRMs, this would be deemed 'non-standard' as per any 'foreign' registration. We're supposed to have a 'GMN' emblem on our plates if we go 'away' to the adjacent island - he didn't. His bad.

I don't know if IoM registered vehicle details are stored on the PNC, as no Manxman with an iota of common sense would have visited the areas I worked. It's dodgy - supposed to be able to access but doesn't always show.

However I do know that the IoM has access to the PNC.  We do - I did!

The officers have every right, and the power to stop the vehicle (obtained under Sec.170 of the Road Traffic Act) as for the driver being 'handcuffed' and 'thrown over the bonnet' - one suspects there may be more to this story than we are led to believe - as my experiences of modern day millenial coppers suggests they walk away shaking their heads from any scenario they do not understand, or cannot cope with. some of this may well be embroidered of course, as is the way, but it was how it was told to me from an ex-colleague.  He certainly was dealt with rather roughly.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 3

1 hour ago, SM42 said:

Painting had continued  whilst Mrs SM42 was busying herself in the kitchen , ( between paint store, the West wing and painting site; east wing.  Obviously getting in the way a lot as usual)

I moved on to the door frame of the West wing.

Mrs SM42 therefore needed to enter the West wing, naturally.

"Mind the wet paint" I advised. 

"Where?" She asked  stepping onto the upturned lid of the paint tin. 

" On your foot" 🙄

I  am amazed there aren't painty foot and hand prints all over SM42 Towers 

Andy

Mores to the point are there Painty hand and fist prints all  over Mr SM42?

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Mores to the point are there Painty hand and fist prints all  over Mr SM42?

It's only a matter of time  I fear.

31 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I don't think so, he's bigger than me!

Oi!

Andy

• Like 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Right then.

Suited and booted. 

Cake packed.

Just need to collect layout and fellow operator and off the the exhibition  we go. 

Andy

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, SM42 said:

Right then.

Suited and booted. 

Cake packed.

Just need to collect layout and fellow operator and off the the exhibition  we go. 

Andy

He has just realised that the layout is packed neatly at the bottom of the pile of other neatly stored stuff at the back of one of the rooms in the West wing.

But can he remember which room?

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, SM42 said:

Right then.

Suited and booted. 

Cake packed.

Andy

Bear can't even remember what an exhibition is........😢

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, polybear said:

Bear can't even remember what an exhibition is........😢

Today I’m off to my second exhibition in 3 weeks/3years*

* delete either and and it would still be correct.

• Like 11

I've done quite well on the exhibition front recently.

In the last month I've done Tring (at Pitstone Village Hall) and Scaleforum on the same day, Pitstone being conveniently on the way to High Wycombe. A few days with my parents in Chorley meant I could squeeze in the Wigan exhibition on the Saturday and last week I managed GETS at MK.

Today I had a choice of two exhibitions; both about 40 minutes away from me but in opposite directions. In the event I've not managed either but it's still a pretty good tally. Sadly two shows  - Letchworth (Arlesey) and Warners (Peterborough) that I used to round out the year aren't happening this year. Not sure if I can face the NEC...

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, 5 C said:

I've done quite well on the exhibition front recently.

The dreaded lurgy having finally caught up with me, I've missed GETS (where I should have been on the MRS stand) and Farnham last weekend and am missing Uckfield this weekend, so all you going on about the exhibitions you are going to are not endearing yourselves!

I'm fairly sure I didn't contract covid at Scaleforum as I've never been to an exhibition where social distancing was so easy.

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Cake eaten

Layout dismantled, transported and back at club  operator dropped off and home for tea all in an hour. 

Next stop, classical music concert by our new ish local orchestra The Sinfonia Stellaris 

Andy

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Me and the youngest managed to get to the Wakefield show last weekend. The previous to that would have been at Pontefract and the eldest would have been around 4 and I had to pick him up to see the layouts

He is now 18 and built like a brick sh1thouse he could probably pick me up

It could have been an ALSRM exhibition, we did meet Pete Waterman after he opened the show rather than the Pontefract club show we did go to both

Edited by simontaylor484
Further thoughts
  • Like 7