Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium

Today I have been mainly fetching, carrying and running to the shops to collect various supplies as required. 

There was a plan to travel to Hipposhire with a surprise  cake mercy mission but I have been grounded by bad weather and disapproving stares and have therefore had to carry out ground ops around base instead. 

Andy

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

1 hour ago, SM42 said:

Today I have been mainly fetching, carrying and running to the shops to collect various supplies as required. 

There was a plan to travel to Hipposhire with a surprise  cake mercy mission but I have been grounded by bad weather and disapproving stares and have therefore had to carry out ground ops around base instead. 

Andy

Not wishing to enquire to much as I realize it may invoke painful memories but what happened to the cake?

• Like 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

I don’t know what’s going on but when I try to access RMW on my iPad it doesn’t work properly - I can’t get onto my activity, the search function doesn’t work, I can’t reply to posts or leave reactions and lots of other glitches. I’ve managed to get on using my iPhone so it isn’t all apple devices but it’s only started happening since the recent RMW update. In short, pah!

Dave

You iPad needs cake!

• Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, SM42 said:

Andy

What he means it was quaffed around Quatt, so he had to return to base rather than face the walk of shame into the hall.🤣

• Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Not wishing to enquire to much as I realize it may invoke painful memories but what happened to the cake?

It had to be eaten. It would have gone to waste otherwise and wasting food is a big no no at SM42 Towers as my waist line will attest. 

2 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Dog ate it…

He didn't get a look in

Work finished for the day now so it's time to relax with a beer in the furnished in the  minimalist style   magnolia, Fresh Flour lounge. 

Andy

PS: I was shattered by Shatterford. 

Edited by SM42
  • Like 5
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

What Mrs SM42 doesn't know is that the feature walls are going to be in something that looks very much like unfitted freight stock grey. 

Humbrol 64 is a good match

Andy

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if I could get away with a little black number panel  by the skirting in the bottom left corner. 

A diagonal door stripe may be a bit much though

Andy

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, SM42 said:

What Mrs SM42 doesn't know is that the feature walls are going to be in something that looks very much like unfitted freight stock grey. 

Does she know that you are going to paint the fitted carpet bauxite?

• Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, SM42 said:

Humbrol 64 is a good match

Might need quite a lot of tinlets?

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Might need quite a lot of tinlets?

They can work wonders at those paint matching places. *

I'm a bit concerned that the tail lamp might create the wrong impression though

Andy

* and it dries matt

Edited by SM42
  • Like 2
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, SM42 said:

They can work wonders at those paint matching places. *

I'm a bit concerned that the tail lamp might create the wrong impression though

Andy

* and it dries matt

It depends whether it's visible from the street  or not.

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 11

2 hours ago, SM42 said:

It had to be eaten. It would have gone to waste otherwise and wasting food is a big no no at SM42 Towers as my waist line will attest. 

He didn't get a look in

Work finished for the day now so it's time to relax with a beer in the furnished in the  minimalist style   magnolia, Fresh Flour lounge. 

Andy

PS: I was shattered by Shatterford. 

I'm glad that you take your obligations so seriously. Just remember though that in times of crisis your fellow TNM'ers will be only to happy to step in and assist. So as painful as it might be all you have to is ask and will be there over mountain high or river wide.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

I'm glad that you take your obligations so seriously. Just remember though that in times of crisis your fellow TNM'ers will be only to happy to step in and assist. So as painful as it might be all you have to is ask and will be there over mountain high or river wide.

Can you bring a paint brush as well?

Andy

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

No mountains, but a LOT more than a wide river for me. 😰

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, AndyID said:

Deep joy! I'm no longer on the board of our water association. My final act was to obtain a survey that proved beyond all doubt that a member was attempting to annex the water well.

Will there be any committee left at this rate?  IBRC you're the second departure in recent weeks.  And hopefully all other members of the association know who the culprit is - and where they live.....😉  Can you claim costs from them, by any chance?

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, AndyID said:

Deep joy! I'm no longer on the board of our water association. My final act was to obtain a survey that proved beyond all doubt that a member was attempting to annex the water well.

Congratulations, well done.

• Agree 8
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

No mountains, but a LOT more than a wide river for me. 😰

I'm sure LOT could help you cross that particular obstacle. 

Andy

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 1