Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

10 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Aw, C’mon Andy. You don’t expect me to believe that a haggis only has three legs, do you?

Any serious student of cerrituluszoology knows they have 4 legs and three breathing tubes (which is why they are prized by the Scots as bagpipe material).

The next thing you’ll be telling me, is that drop bears are only to be found in eucalyptus forests! 

Alas, you have mistaken the bagpipe (part of a sheep's pluck)  for a sporran (a haggis).

• Funny 8

2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Look young man what you get up to with Mrs SM42 is nothing at all to do with us. All we're interested in is whether your railway room will be ready. So you leave Mrs SM42 alone and concentrate on your roller.

The West wing is complete ( floor covering to be recycled from elsewhere about the Towers) and acting as temporary storage till the rest of SM42 Towers is refurbished. 

I'm hoping to be in sole possession by Christmas. 

2 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

That's kind of them - but do you really need carpets? I have none. Tiles downstairs, parquet upstairs, except the bathroom which is tiled. 

Cyril Lord has a lot to answer for. 

Yes,

it's better than bare concrete and keeps the dust down till the final flooring solution is installed. 

Andy

• Like 11
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, SM42 said:

The West wing is complete ( floor covering to be recycled from elsewhere about the Towers) and acting as temporary storage till the rest of SM42 Towers is refurbished. 

Yes,

it's better than bare concrete and keeps the dust down till the final flooring solution is installed. 

Andy

I suppose sole possession is better than soul possession 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 5

17 minutes ago, SM42 said:

Yes,

Andy

That's better. Now go back to whatever you were doing with Mrs SM 42 , footsie I believe or was it kneesie? Anyway whatever is was carry on with it.

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 7

6 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

And I am told that our cousins across the pond in the US, tell them about the Poles. So what happe when a Pole was elected Pope.

Jamie

It seems us yins are capable of rationalizing absolutely anything if it puts more Benjamins in our wallets (or sporrans) 😀

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, AndyID said:

It seems us yins are capable of rationalizing absolutely anything if it puts more Benjamins in our wallets (or sporrans) 😀

Been to Pittsburgh? spartying_100-165gif.gif?w=150&h=74

• Funny 5

1 hour ago, J. S. Bach said:

Been to Pittsburgh? spartying_100-165gif.gif?w=150&h=74

Unfortunately yes. I had to run a large project with Duquesne Power and Light. I suspect Pixburd had a lot of immigrants from Glasgow, hence the "yins'.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, polybear said:

Sadly the saying about such places is that is a game that all the family can play.  Cousin marriage has caused a lot of problems in some imigrant communities  in the UK.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 2
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold

It's the last day of the Pembrokeshire break today. Tomorrow duty will call and we will trek east to see my mother for a few days.  The  TNM Cardiff contingent can breath easy as I have not made plans to visit either Aberflyarff or Danemouth.

We did have a trip over towards Cardigan yesterday, and I had forgotten how bumpy the Prescelly mountains are.  It was very similar to the Brecon Beacons.

It is also a well known 'black spot'.  There is very little light pollution there, so the night skies can be spectacular.  Apparently that is why the UFOS like going there🤣

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 12
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Oh dear, another sassenach taken in by the wily Scots…

Everyone in Scotland knows that a sporran is a wee hairy creature with razor sharp teeth that will eat anything. Classified as vermin by Robert the Bruce, they were at first just hunted for sport (a pint of “wee heavy” as bait, a hunting caber, a hip flask of uisge beatha and a mutton [or Scotch] pie for sustenance and you had a grand day out). But then the burgeoning kilt trade created a huge market for sporran pelts - which made significant inroads into the wild sporran population, much to the relief of Scottish farmers who were frequently plagued by swarms of sporrans stripping their fields.

Nowadays, unless you want to pay an awful lot of money, your sporran pelt will have come from farmed sporran and not wild ones. Despite the tendency of farmed sporran to eat each other, sporran farming is fairly easy as they quickly grow fat and ready for harvest on a simple diet of fast food leftovers. Sporran farming is encouraged by the Scottish government and there are numerous tax advantages to having a Sporran farm (as I can personally attest)

Said the exiled Nigerian Prince.....

• Funny 11

3 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

It's the last day of the Pembrokeshire break today. Tomorrow duty will call and we will trek east to see my mother for a few days.  The  TNM Cardiff contingent can breath easy as I have not made plans to visit either Aberflyarff or Danemouth.

Thank goodness, so I don't need to lock the Penderyn in the vault  to keep it safe from marauding Pachyderms😀

Dave

• Like 4
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

🤣

You know where I am.

You're both always welcome.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

That pannier will now forever be.....LOL 

It's been replaced by modernity today.

492035650_20220609_1745321.jpg.fb1bdb3f74c7e9aa5f3627deb40e25dc.jpg

Your ground cover (static grass and other bits?) Is very effective indeed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Danemouth said:

Thank goodness, so I don't need to lock the Penderyn in the vault  to keep it safe from marauding Pachyderms😀

Dave

Just leave a trail of LDC leading away from your abode and you'll be safe.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

The prime example was the Spanish Hapsburgs the last of whom, Charles II was a slobbering impotent idiot........

Didn't one of them hold high office in this country recently?

Dave

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5