Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium

It's got worse.

" we need to redecorate" are the words you don't want to hear.

I dread to think what will happen when the other eye is done. 

I might have to go on a diet.

Andy

• Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, SM42 said:

It's got worse.

" we need to redecorate" are the words you don't want to hear.

I dread to think what will happen when the other eye is done. 

I might have to go on a diet.

Andy

My mother before her cataracts were removed couldn’t understand why we said our house was dusty. Afterwards she said she would like to get it really clean for us! 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

My mother before her cataracts were removed couldn’t understand why we said our house was dusty. Afterwards she said she would like to get it really clean for us! 

I thought all of our gloss paintwork quite yellow and in need of painting.  I had my cataracts done and it turned out that it was still brilliant white.

Result.

• Like 4
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, BoD said:

I thought all of our gloss paintwork quite yellow and in need of painting.  I had my cataracts done and it turned out that it was still brilliant white.

Result.

After Mum’s first cataract op she had clear vision with that eye but everything that was supposed to be white looked yellowish or at least magnolia. She was told this would clear when the other eye was done. She couldn’t get the first operation on the NHS as her leukaemia consultant advised against it. So she went private and had it done. The other eye was then done as an NHS procedure by the same surgeon in the same hospital.  

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Now in sunny Jackson Hole Wyoming which fortunately does not live up to its name. The trip included the notorious Teton Pass (WYO 22) from Idaho to Wyoming. Lots of snow but the road was clear today. There are many videos on YouTube.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, AndyID said:

Now in sunny Jackson Hole Wyoming which fortunately does not live up to its name. The trip included the notorious Teton Pass (WYO 22) from Idaho to Wyoming. Lots of snow but the road was clear today. There are many videos on YouTube.

Where's the jealous button.

Jamie

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

After Mum’s first cataract op she had clear vision with that eye but everything that was supposed to be white looked yellowish or at least magnolia

To counter the advantage of having brilliant white gloss again, much that I had done on the layout up until that point and that depended on me ‘matching colours’ looked quite wrong.  I’m slowly working on what I can accept and changing things that I cant.  It’s a bit of a pain.  I tried changing the ‘colour’ of the lighting but that didn’t work.

• Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold

I have just read in the Daily Failingwail  "Palace in 'military style operation' to stop the Queen looking frail during Prince Philip thanksgiving service."

I suppose the 1st Battalion The Courtiers Regiment will be mincing through the Palace, dressing in combat gear and tossing flash bang grenades into rooms to clear them, before the Queen whizzes through on a pair of souped up Wheelbarrow EOD robots , wearing body armour and daubed in cam cream whilst firing a GPMG from one hip and an NLAW from the other.

• Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

This game that I spotted at a Broccante this morning might be quite appropriate once Nyda discovers your cunning plan

20220320_093227.jpg.45ff1abb70948a443d4604ccd03142b0.jpg

Jamie

The folies I have a real soft spot for are the Phoenix variety:

This one is wearing Douglas's coat:laugh_mini::

image.png.bbe09b3d66967de759ce15a4f11229b4.png

• Like 4
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

The other day in Tess Coes there were a couple of scrub charladies well into their forties wearing miniskirts wide pelmets and inches of thick make up. Several guys were looking at them and I said to one of the guys "Your thinking the same as me.", he just grinned. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

The other day in Tess Coes there were a couple of scrub charladies well into their forties wearing miniskirts wide pelmets and inches of thick make up. Several guys were looking at them and I said to one of the guys "Your thinking the same as me."

'Nah', he replied, 'I've  still got cataracts'.

• Funny 8

• RMweb Gold

A high overcast this morning, so no blue sky nor sunshine.

Not much to say about the rugby over the weekend apart from the best teams won!  At least my bottle of Grand Slam  2019 Penderyn can live safely in it's box for another year.

Having had the contractor in for another site visit and an outline planning meeting, the redesign of the garden and all the excavating, and building works are scheduled to start in early July.

This gives us me a couple of months to do any clearing and tidying tasks prior to the big event.  It's going to end up as the biggest and bestest muddy hollow ever.  the clay soil will ensure water retention even during the drier summer months.

I can't wait!

image.png.bb05d45c9e2196a47ec2f5c4cd520598.png

I've finally started to strip down the old South Greenfield traverser, which is yielding lots of arrow straight lengths of track.

This morning's work session will see some of these fitted to the storage cassette bases.

The postie has just delivered another large parcel:  'It's not train stuff from your usual suppliers' he quipped:laugh_mini: (He's a 4 mm modeller.)

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning playmates, we would appear to be live again.

I've just listened to England winning a game of cricket!  What???!!!???  Not the boys, who are now bottom of their League, but the girls who have reached the World Cup final.  Not bad for a team on the verge of elimination a fortnight ago.

I've had the arthroscopy on my knee.  Walking 2 hours after the op, discharged an hour later, home after 48 hours.  I'm back to the pre-op state, but there are still stitches to dissolve (inside and out) and I'm hopeful of a 90% recovery.  Hopefully I'm back to CFR and Lord's after Easter, but I cannot go solo until after my consultation in June.

Bill

Edited by bbishop
  • Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, bbishop said:

Good morning playmates, we would appear to be live again.

I've just listened to England winning a game of cricket!  What???!!!???  Not the boys, who are now bottom of their League, but the girls who have reached the World Cup final.  Not bad for a team on the verge of elimination a fortnight ago.

I've had the arthroscopy on my knee.  Walking 2 hours after the op, discharged an hour later, home after 48 hours.  I'm back to the pre-op state, but there are still stitches to dissolve (inside and out) and I'm hopeful of a 90% recovery.  Hopefully I'm back to CFR and Lord's after Easter, but I cannot go solo until after my consultation in June.

Bill

All three news items are good to hear Bill. Glad that things are mending.  Cycling was very good for mecafter my arthroscopy. When I asked the surgeon when I could get back on my bike he teplied" As soon as you can stand the pain"  Bon Courage mon brave.

Jamie

• Like 7

2 hours ago, bbishop said:

I've had the arthroscopy on my knee.  Walking 2 hours after the op, discharged an hour later, home after 48 hours.

Good to be back

And good to see BB's op went well.

It would appear we must, in future, be rather careful in provoking BB - anyone who has a knee op, walks around on it 2 hours later and bu99ers off 1 hour after that must be "well hard".

R E S P E C T Bill!

(I was out for over a week when I had my arthroscopic meniscectomy - but it was done 25 years ago and they did put in a drain and had rummaged around extensively)

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold

It looks like my inverted hippo picture broke RMWeb, or at least the TNM part of it.

I can pass on the latest from our tame Sqn Lder.

He rang yesterday to let me know he has just tested positive for Covid.

More later...

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, tetsudofan said:

Good to see that RMwewb is back again, missed all the goings on.

Keith

Nothing has been going on.  There has been no RMweb [mode=sarcastic cry]No emojis yet[/mode]

In other news I have managed a little more of the book (compiling, that is, rather than reading) and have continued to evade the Nastivirus thus far.  A small train or two might have moved and a new one might have arrived surreptitiously whilst Dr. SWMBO was working from work! 

• Like 5
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1