Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Hi Peter,

Had missed out for a bit and when I started reading you were thinking of scrapping the layout I was in shock! Glad it was just one of those moments which is why I still don't have a 156 on the layout yet!

Glad to see the recent pics the 25 and 108 are fantastic with the weathering. The flasks look very good too from a while back. I bet the new MK2's from Bachmann will appear in the future I will certainly be creating a set with them.

All the best

Mark

Thanks Mark,

Having a dummy spit  does seem to happen to a lot of us. I am past that now and have been doing some more wiring in the fiddleyard which will hopefully be the end of wiring for a while as it's not my strong point. 

It is good news from Bachmann as a new MK2 air con is well needed. I will probably keep my old ones for a while and just buy the new ones when I have spare money and build up a rake one at a time.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Judgement reserved on the Bachy Mk2s until seen.  I don't doubt they'll be good but I'd need to replace b/g, IC, Virgin and fag packet rakes or run mixed stock.  That  and I've recently re-wheeled and re-couplered all of mine .....  :resent:

Edited by Gwiwer

Hi

Thanks for that. I forgot about the old rmweb. I was just wondering what it would size to in N and to see if it would fit. It does fortunately so i will now adjust it slightly to suit my needs.

Thanks

Paul

Judgement reserved on the Bachy Mk2s until seen.  I don't doubt they'll be good but I'd need to replace b/g, IC, Virgin and fag packet rakes or run mixed stock.  That  and I've recently re-wheeled and re-couplered all of mine .....  :resent:

Agree with you there Rick,

I still have Hornby MK2s which I did a bit of work on, and can't seem to part with them. Like you I have re-wheeled mine changed numbers painted the roofs and added the white line between the blue grey plus weathering so I will be in no hurry to flog them of cheap as they look ok.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi

Thanks for that. I forgot about the old rmweb. I was just wondering what it would size to in N and to see if it would fit. It does fortunately so i will now adjust it slightly to suit my needs.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

Good luck with your layout, if you need any more info let me know. I will post a newer trackplan when I get a chance to draw it up. 

Cheers Peter.

Like a lot of others, I like that knocked-down wall.  I'm always looking out for scenic ideas to add to Bromley North; what materials did you use for the wall please?   

Hi BR(S),

Thanks, Just checked out your thread very nice, not sure how I missed it.

The wall is MDF with Slaters brick sheet glued on. The knocked down bit was just made fairly rough with a file being used to make cut outs where bricks have been removed.

Hope that helps,

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hope everyone had a good Easter break, I had a few days away but did have a day in the Garage. I finished wiring up a section of the fiddleyard that has been on the todo list for some time.

The point motors that I have put in save me reaching over other tracks and one cross over which was out of sight when trains were in the way.

I have also tried to put lights in my Lima class 31 body/ Hornby chassis. I have used the Hornby circuit board and have got the lights working apart from the High intensity LED. It's wired into the same circuit and I am wondering if I should wire it separately, does anyone have ant ideas.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-02427500-1364904949_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-29073700-1364905014_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-26730600-1364905237_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-36081100-1364905351_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Scoffed a choc eggs myself, and I do like a hot crossed bun or five.

The DSLR arrived the other day, I've been having a play and if Leanne lets me (it's her camera) I will bring it up Saturday.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

I have finally finished my Hornby chassis/ Lima body class 31. I managed to get some working lights using Hornbys circuit board and the LEDs that were already fitted from a few years back. I replaced the headlight with a white LED and added a resistor to dim it down a bit. 31319 worked a ballast train today with no problems.

Also thanks to Kevin (Hampshire Hog) well travelled 33010 now has sugar cube speakers in the tanks and sounds pretty good. My next sound project will be an 08 which I am thinking of fitting with a Zimo chip.

One of Ricks many Hydraulics paid a visit my the workbench too, it was dead on arrival but after cleaning the motor, wheels and tweaking  the pick ups it now runs ok.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-85691500-1365323385_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-55601900-1365323510_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-32278900-1365324473_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-84038500-1365324666_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-88622100-1365324894_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Good news there Peter thank you.  Are you able to check the back-to-backs on the Hymek as well?  She seems to prefer a tight curve to straight track which suggests the wheels are set on the skinny side.

Peter the railfreight 31 looks very nice. I actually really like 31s, gonna have to get one for Millers Dale. Probably more than likely a blue one though so it can also be used on local passenger diagrams.

Cav

Good news there Peter thank you.  Are you able to check the back-to-backs on the Hymek as well?  She seems to prefer a tight curve to straight track which suggests the wheels are set on the skinny side.

No worries Rick,

Will do the older Hornby locos did suffer from that.

Cheers Peter.

Peter the railfreight 31 looks very nice. I actually really like 31s, gonna have to get one for Millers Dale. Probably more than likely a blue one though so it can also be used on local passenger diagrams.

Cav

Thanks Cav,

Always quite liked the old Peds myself, 319 has always been one of my favourite models so a re chassis had to be done to get it running again.

A nice blue 31/4 on a short set of MK1s or 2s will look great on Millers Dale. HST looks good by the way.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Cav,

Always quite liked the old Peds myself, 319 has always been one of my favourite models so a re chassis had to be done to get it running again.

A nice blue 31/4 on a short set of MK1s or 2s will look great on Millers Dale. HST looks good by the way.

Cheers Peter.

Cheers Peter the HST is certainly coming on amidst other stuff. Just made a start on my class 45 yesterday so theres that one to look forward to as well. I will certainly be getting a 31 at some point I may as well wait for the new farish one to come out now though unless I can get one of the older ones for a steal.

Like the 47 and nice touch with the drain coming through the wall on the last one.

Cav

• Like 1

Cheers Peter the HST is certainly coming on amidst other stuff. Just made a start on my class 45 yesterday so theres that one to look forward to as well. I will certainly be getting a 31 at some point I may as well wait for the new farish one to come out now though unless I can get one of the older ones for a steal.

Like the 47 and nice touch with the drain coming through the wall on the last one.

Cav

No worries Cav,

I did notice you mentioned a class 45, and 110 what a beast of a loco that was. It's on my to do list too I thought it looked great with orange cant rail line and black bonnet.

Cheers Peter.

It was a beast. Certainly looking forward to getting it done. I've re-modeled the headcodes so far and fabricated the marker lights from optic fibre ready to pop in before the yellow goes on. They stand a little proud of the front and I am planning to have the centers masked off with a tiny spot of maskol before spraying hopefully leaving a tiny yellow rim around the light when I later rub the maskol away.

Cav

• Like 1

Nice weathering on the blue duff.  A subtler effect than I usually manage.  

Thanks Rick,

I should do a dirtier one as they did get pretty grubby. Gateshead was known for dirty locos at one point due to their washer being ot of order.

Cheers Peter.

Lovely photos. I need to get myself one of those blue 47s. I want to have it made as The Queen Mother to replace my naff Hornby version. 

Thanks,

I have three blue 47s all are renumbered from Bachmann's 47035.

Cheers Peter.