Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

We have had a couple of cooler days here and I managed to wire up my class 31 chassis and give it a spin.

Also sat in the station were 20169 and 20121 on a spoil train made up of ZHVs.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-37157700-1361447286_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-64779100-1361447339_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-72769000-1361447435_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-54109500-1361447549_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-77575100-1361447655_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Hi Peter, I am looking forward to seeing your 31 in action.

Loving the 20 action, choppers do look good with snow ploughs. Recently I have been watching quite a few video clips of 20s on YouTube, there are some lovely clips to watch.

The weathering on not only the 20s but all your stock is truly stunning.

In about 10 years time when I am in a position to commence weathering of my BR stock, if you wouldn't mind sharing some of your secrets please?!!!

Either that or may be a trip over to help!......

Hi Peter.

I've Been away for a while so I'm about due a post on your thread!

Things are looking fantastic and I've enjoyed catching up ( still more to read mind!). Your photos are always inspiring and really capture that North Wales scene!

I know it's the same thing I say each time but a good thing is worth saying again!

I'll be sure to keep tabs on your updates wile I start on my own little slice of North Wales.

Keep them photos coming :)

Regards

Lee

Is that a hybrid Lima 31 chassis with Hornby works, or summat like that??

Hi Jeff,

Spot on mate, I got hold of a Hornby class 31 with dodgy chassis and stripped out the bogies motor and power board. I have basically copied what James did with his. I am not sure how to do a link but it's in the detailing scratchbuilding section. I have had a Lima class 31 that I have been wanting to re chassis for ages. I might be able to get the lights working too as when I did the loco years ago I fitted some LEDs.

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 1

Hi Pete, tie that chip down mate.

I did some testing like that once until the chip fell off and touched the rails and all the smoke came out and I couldn't get it back in!

LOL, Well the smoke is still in mine but it did hit the overbridge and come of the track, so lesson learnt.

Cheers Peter. 

Edited by P.C.M

Hi Peter, I am looking forward to seeing your 31 in action.

Loving the 20 action, choppers do look good with snow ploughs. Recently I have been watching quite a few video clips of 20s on YouTube, there are some lovely clips to watch.

The weathering on not only the 20s but all your stock is truly stunning.

In about 10 years time when I am in a position to commence weathering of my BR stock, if you wouldn't mind sharing some of your secrets please?!!!

Either that or may be a trip over to help!......

Hi Alex,

I have seen your weathering it looks pretty good to me, happy to help though. I am sure you will be weathering within ten years though.

My ploughed up class 20s are actually modelled on two that I saw while up Barnetby way in 92 when I was chasing the few remaining workings that the  20s had. My friend John Dedman has an article on the trip in Traction.

At this time there were a few 20s with ploughs and I am sure I saw pics of them at Toton. A nice railfreight one with ploughs would look nice.

I am planning to come over in 2014 so might have to try and catch up, hopefully with more luck than last time.

Cheers Peter. 

Hi Peter.

I've Been away for a while so I'm about due a post on your thread!

Things are looking fantastic and I've enjoyed catching up ( still more to read mind!). Your photos are always inspiring and really capture that North Wales scene!

I know it's the same thing I say each time but a good thing is worth saying again!

I'll be sure to keep tabs on your updates wile I start on my own little slice of North Wales.

Keep them photos coming :)

Regards

Lee

Hi Lee,

Haven't seen you on here for a while, sorry to hear about your layout, but good to see you are doing another one. I will have to check out your blog. Glad to see you are sticking with the North Wales theme.

Cheers Peter. 

• RMweb Premium

Hi Peter.

You've said a few times that you'd like to see a 9F going over Kirkby Luneside's viaduct. Well, if you go to page 181, post #4524, there's a short video showing just that.

Thought you'd like to know!

Cheers,

Jeff

• Like 1

Hi Peter.

You've said a few times that you'd like to see a 9F going over Kirkby Luneside's viaduct. Well, if you go to page 181, post #4524, there's a short video showing just that.

Thought you'd like to know!

Cheers,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I must have missed that, I check your thread quite regularly but it does move along pretty fast.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Jeff,

I must have missed that, I check your thread quite regularly but it does move along pretty fast.

Cheers Peter.

Understatement of the Century there Peter :)

KL is the Peterborough North for Gobshites :D

• Like 1

Ok chaps, I need some help here please.

I have removed one of my old code 100 cross overs due to my class 08s stalling on it. I have made sure the wheels were clean and even added extra pick ups still with no joy. So I thought I would replace the insulfrog cross over with SL-E193 which is an electrofrog code 75 job. despite it being a code 75 I have raised it up a bit and stock runs through ok. I problem is how do I wire this in?

Here is a pic to help.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-76998900-1362223132_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Spot on mate, I got hold of a Hornby class 31 with dodgy chassis and stripped out the bogies motor and power board. I have basically copied what James did with his. I am not sure how to do a link but it's in the detailing scratchbuilding section. I have had a Lima class 31 that I have been wanting to re chassis for ages. I might be able to get the lights working too as when I did the loco years ago I fitted some LEDs.

Peter, the thread is here - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/19369-brush-type-2-re-birth-finished/

Your's is looking very well so far :)

• Like 1

Morning Peter. Have a look at Brian Lamberts excellent website, his diagrams and matter of fact explanation are much easier to follow than my incomprehensible ramblings on how to wire diamonds up :-)

Hi Lee,

Thanks Mate I will check that out.

Cheers Peter.

Well another week of 30+ temperatures means not alot done in the garage, but I have managed to finish of a couple of vehicles. I also picked up a cheap nuclear flask wagon the other week and I have filed off the raised Haz Chem dimonds to back date it to a mid 80s wagons and given it a coat of paint.

Anyway a couple of pics.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-86512400-1362742409_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-73461600-1362742544_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-98276900-1362742750_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Lovely job on the white van Peter.  Looks just as I remember seeing a few of them.  The rest were worse!

It's warm - uncommonly so for March and with no respite for another week.  Lovely evening running weather with the lights on here but uncomfortable in the days for doing very much.  

Hi

I recieved my order of all the point rodding wire and chairs-wheels this week and will start to fit it at the weekend and

I wanted to know what colour you painted your point rodding and was it done with an airbrush?

Sorry for all the questions but i think you have a very high level of detail on your layout and im trying to acheive something similar.

Cheers

Terry

Thanks Rick, I think I may have gone a bit overboard with the weathering but I remember seeing one like this in the UK back in the day.

Another warm day, off to th beach tomorrow I think.

Cheers Peter.

Lovely job on the white van Peter.  Looks just as I remember seeing a few of them.  The rest were worse!

It's warm - uncommonly so for March and with no respite for another week.  Lovely evening running weather with the lights on here but uncomfortable in the days for doing very much.  

Edited by P.C.M