Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Try using a different browser. I got the problem with Internet Explorer so tried Google Chrome. Effectively, the alternative browser should not 'inherit' any history or cookies so shouldn't have the problem.

Hi Peter,

I thought I'd return the complement and visit your thread. You are no doubt basking in sunshine at 30C+ while us poor bu**ers in the UK are being washed into the Atlantic with all the rain. I blame the Mayans myself!

Anyway, scanning through the last few pages of Llanbourne has been entertaining, as usual. Some great pics from Merf and Larry. I can never understand why some people don't like 37s - they are magnificent (in green, of course, not blue.... :O Lol!).

Are you planning on acquiring the odd new Bachmann class 40, or two? I've 2 on pre-order already...

Time to wish you a very happy Christmas. Thanks for your input on KL. A couple more months and the track will be fully active!

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Looks like I am back online.

It was hot the other day, when I walked the dog at about ten it was 25 by the time I got back it was 32, it reached 39 in the end and was just over 40 in my garage. I was sat drinking beer with some friends later that night and it was still high 20s at 11.00 o'clock.

Must admit I have always liked class 37s ever since seeing them working freight in Wales and getting thrashed out of Glasgow QS on passenger trains.

I would love a couple of class 40s but having see pics of the new one at Warley I am not convinced they have it right. If it is wrong again hopefully someone will have a go, I don't fancy waiting another few years for Bachmann to get it right.

Marry Christmas, All the best Peter.  

It's already cooking nicely here and Peter's shed does get quite warm inside!!!  On the other hand we're off to a wedding requiring black tie dress code which is going to be pretty stuffy in this heat!

Hi Rick,

Hope you got through the day ok and there was some air con at the venue, otherwise plenty of fluid most Oz weddings seem to have plenty of beer on the go.

Merry Christmas, All the best Peter.

I must see if I can find some excess insulation for peter to put in some time... how would that be Pete? I guess I could keep my eyes out for an air con unit for you also!

Thanks Doug,

The thought of putting insulation in the roof fills me with dread I would have to take down the lights and poassably rewire or move the sockets. Air con would mean removing some bricks some maybe less work. If you see a cheap one let me know.

You need to clear everything Pete, cookies etc. as well. Make sure you logout and close the browser before you try again.

Happy Christmas !

Thanks heaps Dave,

I got the wife on the job, she seems to have fixed it I must not he cleared everything.

• Like 1

Try using a different browser. I got the problem with Internet Explorer so tried Google Chrome. Effectively, the alternative browser should not 'inherit' any history or cookies so shouldn't have the problem.

Thanks Jeff,

Would have tried that if Daves idea didn't work. Though not sure how this old laptop would handle it.

• RMweb Premium

Both the wedding and Christmas itself passed without undue incident.  A lot of very hot wedding guests enjoyed the open bar and cold drinks (mostly alcoholic but not all) and we drove safely home.  Christmas was with the outlaws at Sharon's mum's rural property and turned out to be a quiet affair with a lot of sleepy people around the table!

Back to life - back to reality - jousted the Boxing Day traffic (2 hour queues to get into the major shopping centres :O) and safely swerved to avoid a wandering white van using random lanes on the freeway.

Welcome to the Hangover Zone.  

PCM, you know my cost for things I find at work. Free! all have you to do is install it.  I have come across a number of Air Con units over the years.I would think a small through window type might suit.... then again I have also come across shelving, pine, data cable etc  Helps when I am demolishing a building.... no one this way put it into land fill!

Both the wedding and Christmas itself passed without undue incident.  A lot of very hot wedding guests enjoyed the open bar and cold drinks (mostly alcoholic but not all) and we drove safely home.  Christmas was with the outlaws at Sharon's mum's rural property and turned out to be a quiet affair with a lot of sleepy people around the table!

Back to life - back to reality - jousted the Boxing Day traffic (2 hour queues to get into the major shopping centres :O) and safely swerved to avoid a wandering white van using random lanes on the freeway.

Welcome to the Hangover Zone.  

Hi Rick,

Pleased to hear the wedding was ok. The traffic down here is pretty bad I don't normally go to far during this week, though Leanne went down the shops this morning and said it was fairly quite.

Cheers Peter. 

PCM, you know my cost for things I find at work. Free! all have you to do is install it.  I have come across a number of Air Con units over the years.I would think a small through window type might suit.... then again I have also come across shelving, pine, data cable etc  Helps when I am demolishing a building.... no one this way put it into land fill!

Thanks Doug,

Freebies are even better, a small one would be ideal.  Better than it getting chucked.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Speaking of traffic we met the queue on Beastlink almost back to Thompsons Road.  That's the queue for the traffic lights at Cranbourne Road but in effect is the wide end of the funnel at the narrow end of which you live.  That's about 5 miles of stationary traffic.

I know it's a great local tradition but I cannot think of any way in which packing tents along the foreshore for your holidays so close that they touch is fun.  Yet camping spots are fought over and fiercely defended year after year.  Each to their own.  I'd take a week or two at an isolated spot on the Cornish coast any day.

Modelling resumes on Friday as tomorrow is a normal working day for me but I did manage the usual run of the "Christmas special" which this year was a West Country on 9 Pullmans and titled (for recent events) The Wedding Belle.  

I'm with your Rick! my familiy once had a shack in Blairgowrie (on the mornington pen for those in the UK) .... it was sold about 6 years ago and I miss it terribly. BUT I would not go down there at this time of the year you will be run over by the Range Rovers... I have thought about buying a place myself in Rye.... if we did I still wouldn't go down at this time of year! the crowds are terrible... traffic even worse... But for a weekends during the year it has to be one of the best, quietest places to get away from everything. I even like that not all the penisular gets phone coverage, that has to be the highest point on my reasoning.

Pete on the A/C it might take me a while to find it. The cost well other than a cup of tea or something stronger will surfice!

Well there must be plenty of people down here as my internet is going very slowly.

No hurry on the air con Doug, I have been without one for 15 years and manage.

I took a few pics today, 37428 was booked on the Llanbourne - Cardiff vice class 33.

Merry Christmas, Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-68651100-1356614022_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-38083000-1356614152_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Great Pictures Peter, maybe I could have a service like that on Redbrook. That would keep the NSE fans happy...

We've nearly got him everyone, one final push and everything will be NSE at Redbrook!

Nice pics Pete, you've had a good Christmas I hope?

• Like 4

Great Pictures Peter, maybe I could have a service like that on Redbrook. That would keep the NSE fans happy...

Thanks Scott,

You could have a 37 hauled passenger on Redbrook, the Bristol- Weymouth trains had NSE coaches for a while. I also have a pic of a Cardiff- Southamton relief with triple grey 37/4 and debranded NSE coaches mixed with some Reggi railways ones, taken in the early 90s.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

We've nearly got him everyone, one final push and everything will be NSE at Redbrook!

Nice pics Pete, you've had a good Christmas I hope?

Thanks Ian,

A good Christmas but too much beer and food, I have had some time in the garage which is good and I had some money for Christmas so I will be ordering a few bits I need in a day or two.

Cheers Peter.