Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

I'll second that. Pete, how about some photos of the brick wall?

When I first visited Llanbourne, my first thought, unprompted, was "that looks rather like Llandudno".

Thanks Mate,

Here you go. A pair of 20's sit on the blocks with whats left of the wall.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-70310100-1404391422_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Hi Peter,

I'll have a bit of a look and see what I have. Most of it is stuff from the old layout so Scottish style cottages, there was a couple of Townstreet buildings, some shops. There was a few scratch built buildings including a pub. I think Jeff said he had a meeting in August so you're welcome to have a look if you're up this way.

Great pictures as always.

Hi Rick, nice to see you too, hope all's well.

Cheers

Neil

Thanks Neil,

I am planning to come up for Jeff's meeting so will pop round.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Mate,

Here you go. A pair of 20's sit on the blocks with whats left of the wall.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter, now everyone can see what we were talking about!

Hi Peter, nice to see some chopper action again. Banger Blue 20s, Nice!

I like the shunter replacement, the 25 looks good on the Trans-Pennine Mk2. I always liked that livery.

One day I wouldn’t mind modelling the Newcastle to Liverpool services with a Peak or a nice Large Logo 47 on the front.

Hi Peter, nice to see some chopper action again. Banger Blue 20s, Nice!

I like the shunter replacement, the 25 looks good on the Trans-Pennine Mk2. I always liked that livery.
One day I wouldn’t mind modelling the Newcastle to Liverpool services with a Peak or a nice Large Logo 47 on the front.

Thanks Alex,

I always liked the Trans-Pennine livery and you couldn't beat a Peak up front. I did a few of the trains back in the day when I was out for class 45 haulage. I have been enjoying some you tube video tonight from the link on Cav's Millers Dale layout thread. Plenty of Peaks.

Cheers Peter.

Pete, are you saying that your track work could be up graded to C&L.....so built in position? ... May be even p4.... Nah go O gauge... 8)

Tempting.  :locomotive:

Another pic from playing trains yesterday. 

A 108 leaves platform 1 on a local service for Crewe, 25109 is ticking over in the holding sidings waiting for the DMU to clear so it can shunt onto the stock in platform 2. A shortage of class 08 for ECS moves means the rat is on station pilot duties for the day.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter that 108 101 looks great for its age, do we modellers really need to keep buying the latest models, when in truth some of the older models with a bit of fettling, tinkering and upgrading are in my minds eye just as good to watch.

Love it, that really does catch the atmosphere, I can smell the exhaust fumes from here.

Hi Peter that 108 101 looks great for its age, do we modellers really need to keep buying the latest models, when in truth some of the older models with a bit of fettling, tinkering and upgrading are in my minds eye just as good to watch.

Love it, that really does catch the atmosphere, I can smell the exhaust fumes from here.

Hi muddy-blues,

Thanks for spotting my typo, I am happy with my two 101s  both are Lima with Hornby motors and run really well, actually better than one of my Bachmann 108s. Mine have had a bit of work but not that much. I am not planning on buying the Bachmann one although it does look pretty good.

Cheers Peter.

A few more pics taken the other day.

47613 arrives at platform 1 with an Inter-City service from Holyhead to Crewe. 47535 will work the train to Crewe.

A 108 arrives at Platform 1 on a local service from Crewe.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-50337400-1404635634_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-41588600-1404635696_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-40280300-1404635771_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-48600700-1404636041_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-69627800-1404636071_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

That bits coming along nicely.

Thanks Alan,

It's been like that for a year now, I should crack on with it and stop working on stock.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Pictures in post 2592 looking very good Peter.

Were you going to grass over the banking on the left side of the bottom picture?

You're welcome to borrow the grass master if you need it.

Cheers

Neil

Thanks Neil.

I will use my method of carpet underlay for the railway side of the fence as I have done on the other parts of the layout but it would be great to borrow your grass master.

I have seen some really good results so will certainly give it a try, for the fields and some other area's.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Neil.

I will use my method of carpet underlay for the railway side of the fence as I have done on the other parts of the layout but it would be great to borrow your grass master.

I have seen some really good results so will certainly give it a try, for the fields and some other area's.

Cheers Peter.

No probs Peter, just give me a shout when you want it.

Cheers

Neil

Hi Peter,

Superb photos as ever, never get tired of seeing your layout and its amazing the different details you notice each time. That view of the 25 from under the bridge could be a magazine cover shot its very convincing. I also liked the view down the layout of 47613 and from the other end I never noticed just how many signals you have as that view captures a lot of them at once.

Keep up the good work on the stock front as its nice to see what turns up.

All the best

Mark

Thanks Mark,

My pics look better on my flickr site. I must be doing something wrong when I post them here. 

There is more stock on the workbench, A Bachmann class 40 to replace my Lima D200. a 33/1 a pair of 20s and my 150 is still in bits.

Cheers Peter.