Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

I haven't been doing much recently, partly due to a case of the CBFs plus it's been pretty warm here too and the garage does get quite warm.

I have managed to do a bit more the the terrace houses this week as it was a bit cooler on Monday and Tuesday. I had a go at the down pipes and think the angle is wrong where they join the gutters so I think I will do them again, I also managed to get a pic of 25904 arriving on a short van train from Bangor.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-41961300-1330086129_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-53147800-1330086146_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

The rat looks particularly good Peter.

Do you ever have a problem with the heat affecting the scenery? It is hot at the moment (I tried to work outside today and gave up after half an hour in 41C) meaning the plastic cottages to complete the Penhayle Bay scene are still not in place.

Hey

Harking back to the last time I commented, them doors are looking much better :D

The Downpipes are looking great, though you're right about them angles. From memory the angle would be the other side of the 45degree mark. Some could be near half that again and almost flat, but there is plenty of variety out there. I remember well that downpipes and gettering were the bane of my life on terrace, when I was a conservatory designer....Always in the way! :P

One thing is for sure, and that's how fantastic the terrace looks, and how well the downpipes really finish off the scene. As always, an inspiring couple of pics there! :D

Regards

Lee :D

The rat looks particularly good Peter.

Do you ever have a problem with the heat affecting the scenery? It is hot at the moment (I tried to work outside today and gave up after half an hour in 41C) meaning the plastic cottages to complete the Penhayle Bay scene are still not in place.

Thanks Rick,

it gets into the high 40s in my garage and the only affect the heat has is on the point rodding, which does tend to bend a bit and has come unstuck in a few places. My platforms are Hornby covered in Slaters platicard and that has come unstuck and split in a few places. That would be about it though.

Cheers Peter.

Those houses look great Peter :D, Glad to see Llanbourne back on page 1 :)

All the best,

Mark

Thanks Mark,

Still following your progress on Shawbury, your buildings get done way quicker than mine.

Cheers Peter.

Terrace looks amazing - the downpipes really set them off!

Thanks McC,

I am not happy with the angles at the top so might change them but other wise they do look pretty good.

Cheers Peter,

Hey

Harking back to the last time I commented, them doors are looking much better :D

The Downpipes are looking great, though you're right about them angles. From memory the angle would be the other side of the 45degree mark. Some could be near half that again and almost flat, but there is plenty of variety out there. I remember well that downpipes and gettering were the bane of my life on terrace, when I was a conservatory designer....Always in the way! :P

One thing is for sure, and that's how fantastic the terrace looks, and how well the downpipes really finish off the scene. As always, an inspiring couple of pics there! :D

Regards

Lee :D

Hi Lee,

Thanks for that, there is still a bit to do on them but they coming along quite well, it's just finding the time. I had a look at CKs Terraced cottage thread and I am going to try and do the 45deg angles like he has, they look alot better.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Pete

After having seen the terrace house shell over the last couple of years, the work you have done lately certainly gives them the wow factor.

Hi Manfred,

Yes they have been part finished for quite a while, I am sure Frank will be pleased. He normally makes a coment when he comes down. :mosking:

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

On a day like today it's good to know 99% of our layouts can survive. Your point rodding is a superb piece of modelling. That level of detail is seldom seen in 00/HO and if that's almost all that suffers in this heat you're doing very well. It's 45C under my roof at the moment and the controller has just cut out due to the heat; that's a first.

On a day like today it's good to know 99% of our layouts can survive. Your point rodding is a superb piece of modelling. That level of detail is seldom seen in 00/HO and if that's almost all that suffers in this heat you're doing very well. It's 45C under my roof at the moment and the controller has just cut out due to the heat; that's a first.

Thanks Mate, What are you doing outside anyway get inside and have a beer. I am. :locomotive:

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium
What are you doing outside anyway get inside and have a beer

Trying to locate and fix a short :( With a cold beer on the workbench ;) No power to the down side or any of the points which is odd as they come off different taps from the controller and there is no common wiring. The other three controllers work normally but the down still doesn't power when rewired to any of the others ........ hmmmmmmmm.

Trying to locate and fix a short :( With a cold beer on the workbench ;) No power to the down side or any of the points which is odd as they come off different taps from the controller and there is no common wiring. The other three controllers work normally but the down still doesn't power when rewired to any of the others ........ hmmmmmmmm.

Hi Rick,

It's a litle cooler today, have you had any luck? maybe it was just the heat.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

No luck at all Peter. I've traced it to downstream of the controller itself and of the Gaugemaster track cleaner. Wiring the track feed to an alternative controller shows power to the output but it isn't reaching the track. The CDU light on the controller continues to glow faintly which indicates a short - if it were OK it would show bright green. The options I can see are to check every inch of wiring or to check every inch of wiring .....

No luck at all Peter. I've traced it to downstream of the controller itself and of the Gaugemaster track cleaner. Wiring the track feed to an alternative controller shows power to the output but it isn't reaching the track. The CDU light on the controller continues to glow faintly which indicates a short - if it were OK it would show bright green. The options I can see are to check every inch of wiring or to check every inch of wiring .....

Hi Rick,

A friend of mine had a Gaugemaster track cleaner and it give him a few problems if I remember correctly. If you haven't fixed it by the weekend let me know, I could come up and have a look. I am no expert but might think of something you haven't.

Cheers Peter.

I was having a rest from doing the terrace houses this week and decided to give the layout a bit of a vac to remove the cobwebs, while I was at it I cleaned to track. Since then I have been playing trains.

D200/40122 is having a rest from railtour duties as is seen on the return Crewe - Amlwch MOD service. The train is booked to run round at Llanbourne and on this occasion is picking up a VAA from the yard. I know Amlwch is'nt an MOD terminal but until someone does a kit or rtr TTA Chlorine tanks I will run my MOD train.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-74609400-1330587718_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-57398300-1330587751_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-81748200-1330587769_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-10702600-1330587789_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Picture second from the top that redundant sleeper needs moving 2mm to the left ;)

More great shots Peter. I was never a great Whistler fan (either his artwork or his locomotives) but can always appreciate good workmanship with the camera and the modelling skills.

Fantastic photo's as ever ! Nice splash of Railfreight Red on those rolling stock.

All the best

Leon.

Hi Leon,

Thanks, the old railfreight red does look good doesn't it. I should run the MOD train more often, it's good to give the VDA etc a bit of a run.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Its's good to see 40122 out and about :good:

Nice pics as usual

Cheers

Lee

Thanks Lee,

Gen is the old girl is booked on a ballast tomorrow.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Cracking photos as usual and a nice train/loco to choose! Even when suitable tanks are available you will still need to run your MOD workings!

Thanks,mark

Thanks Mark,

I think you're right I have a few VDAs OBAs etc it's a shame to leave them packed under the layout.

Cheers Peter.