Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Very nice indeed Peter...but am not sure about the spider.

Makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck just looking at it... :yes:

Thanks Pete,

Yes the spider did make the old heart beat a bit faster.

Cheers Peter.

Looks like it has passed out after sitting in your trainers Peter! It is an ex-Redback, it is deceased, it is no more...

BTW, love the shot of the 08 with the TTAs.

Hi Trev,

I don't think the smell worried the spider too much it was moving quite well when I sprayed it. :D It took a few goes with the spray to stop it moving too.

The 08 shot seems to be a favourite, thanks.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter, just loving the sheer mundaneness (is this a word!) in the shot of the units. Kev.

Thanks Kev,

I do have a few DMUs I just don't take pics of them often enough.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Yet again great pictures, I have to agree with Trevor, the 08 on the TTA's looks great.

Are you sure thats not a Redbrook spider?? ;)

Cheers

Scott

Thanks Scott,

The 08 on the oil trip has come out ok, I might take a few more from that spot.

Cheers Peter.

The image of the 08 with the TTAs is superb!

Glad there isnt anything like that Redback in the UK!

Regards

Lewis

Thanks Lewis,

One of the down side of living here is the Snakes, Spiders & other bities.

Cheers Peter.

I thought I read somewhere the other day that Redbacks have been found in the UK?

PCM I was wondering what Kadees you have used for various wagons and coaches that you have?What is your minimum radius on the layout?

Thats scary if they have.

Most of my stock has Kadee number 5s or 18 & 19s if they have a NEM pocket. I am not sure what my minimum radius is, though there is quite a sharp curve after leaving the station thats hidden in the tunnel. Best way to go is give them a try and see how you go, a goog rule to remember is have the bottom curve of the knuckle level with the buffer head.

Hope that is of some use, I can post up some pics if you like.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Great pics - I really like the 08 on the TTA's as well it looks like it is working hard!

Thats lucky you spotted that spider!

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks mate, The 08 shot seems to be everyones favourite.

Haven't seen any updates on your layout recently, have you been busy planting more trees. :derisive:

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Almost entirely off topic :offtopic: but Peter is well aware of the mozzie issues I sometimes have - and I mean MEAN mosquitos not those little English things! Having spotted some unusual "weathering" added to a parked train last night which looked distinctly slimy I went in search of the culprit and removed a 6-inch leopard slug from his hidey-hole in the scenery! :O

Modelling outdoors in Australia can be interesting at times!

Hi Mark,

Thanks mate, The 08 shot seems to be everyones favourite.

Haven't seen any updates on your layout recently, have you been busy planting more trees. :derisive:

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Sorry about the lack of updates, work gets too busy this time of year for me and I have used spare time to help build Edinburgh Southside for our area group - a more modern 70's - 80's build station building is my part of the project and work is still progressing on Rannoch with more ballast added, fencing etc. More vegetation is also springing up. I will get some updates soon. I have also added a yellow 31 to the fleet as you know I really like them and got a bargain at Falkirk show on Sunday!

Thanks,

Mark

Almost entirely off topic :offtopic: but Peter is well aware of the mozzie issues I sometimes have - and I mean MEAN mosquitos not those little English things! Having spotted some unusual "weathering" added to a parked train last night which looked distinctly slimy I went in search of the culprit and removed a 6-inch leopard slug from his hidey-hole in the scenery! :O

Modelling outdoors in Australia can be interesting at times!

Hi Rick,

Mozzies love me, there are a few about at the moment what with all the rain we have been having. The Leopard slugs do look pretty cool though I've not seem one that big.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Sorry about the lack of updates, work gets too busy this time of year for me and I have used spare time to help build Edinburgh Southside for our area group - a more modern 70's - 80's build station building is my part of the project and work is still progressing on Rannoch with more ballast added, fencing etc. More vegetation is also springing up. I will get some updates soon. I have also added a yellow 31 to the fleet as you know I really like them and got a bargain at Falkirk show on Sunday!

Thanks,

Mark

No worries Mark,

Just glad to hear you are still doing a bit. The yellow class 31 is a nice model, I had one visit my layout a few weeks back.

Cheers Peter.

I have just spent the last couple of hours browsing through most of this thread. What an inspirational layout. Great to see some of the historical photos and descriptions too.

Just a question regarding the Trans-Pennine liveried MKIIs. Are these Regional Railways versions with titles replaced, or actual Trans-Pennine liveried examples? From what I have been told, the Trans-Pennine livery differed from RR in that the lower grey was InterCity grey.

I have just spent the last couple of hours browsing through most of this thread. What an inspirational layout. Great to see some of the historical photos and descriptions too.

Just a question regarding the Trans-Pennine liveried MKIIs. Are these Regional Railways versions with titles replaced, or actual Trans-Pennine liveried examples? From what I have been told, the Trans-Pennine livery differed from RR in that the lower grey was InterCity grey.

This thread might help

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/45179-regional-railway-trans-pennine-provincial-livery-help/page__fromsearch__1

Cheers

Daryl

Hi Peter,

I can only echo other comments on the pictures they are superb :sungum: your layout gives out very good vibes :yes:

Keep up the good work and keep checking your shoes :help:

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Hi Daz,

Thanks mate, just been checking your O gauge progress, looking good.

Cheers Peter.

What a superb thread! A great reference for a future TP rake. It'll have to wait a while though, due to a gaping lack of N gauge MKIIs.

Hi 47475,

Daryl, has beaten me to it, it's a great thread I learnt a bit from it myself I didn't know the grey was a lighter shade on the Regional Railways stock. It means my Bachmann NEX is wrong for the period I model. My other Trans-Pennine coaches are two Hornby MK2s that I rebranded from Regional Railways coaches they have a darker grey so don't look to bad though it's not quite the right shade. I think the old Lima coaches look ok but both Hornby and Lima could do with being repainted with the correct colours, plus having the mould lines removed.

I may get around to this one day but can live with them for now.

Cheers Peter.

D200 is about to depart with the 1K38 to Stoke, 47535 is ticking over in the middle road.

The 1K38 was booked for a class 47/4, but during the summer of 1986 D200 worked the train a number of times.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-65688000-1323170692_thumb.jpg

• Like 4