Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Thanks Pete, Neil and Andy,

I only have a couple of rats running at the moment, I really need to get a few more done.

Neil the 20s are a bit of a favourite of mine, they are both Lima with added detail, handrails etc. One is a dummy and the other is sitting on a Bachmann chassis. I will get a pic for you, as they are due to depart soon. :locomotive:

Cheers Peter.

Also missing is a model of Merf Jones replete in orange vest and Praktica... :mosking:

I've forgotten when 'Junctions 08 was named 'Ifor Injun' but it would be a neat touch.

Hi Larry,

My first SLR was a Praktica. A 4mm version of Merf and yourself out taking pics sonds like a good idea.

I think the shunter was 08472, which I have as my yard shunter. I don't think it was named until 1988ish.

Cheers Peter.

A 4mm version of Merf and yourself out taking pics sonds like a good idea.

I'm flattered Peter. Still had black hair then, well suntanned, teashirt, black trousers, black quilted sleeveless bodywarmer, with me looking down into a Mamiya 645 waist level viewfinder. If trackside, then a small orange vest! :boast:

I'm flattered Peter. Still had black hair then, well suntanned, teashirt, black trousers, black quilted sleeveless bodywarmer, with me looking down into a Mamiya 645 waist level viewfinder. If trackside, then a small orange vest! :boast:

I will need to find a 4mm figure with camera, not sure I will find one with waist level viewfinder though. :scratchhead: Priser do lots of figures I will look at them.

20s 169 & 121 leave on the 6D03 empty ballast to Penmaenmawr.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-01129800-1321692900_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-90009000-1321692950_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I will need to find a 4mm figure with camera, not sure I will find one with waist level viewfinder though. :scratchhead: Priser do lots of figures I will look at them.

Subbuteo press team ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBBUTEO-PRESS-PHOTOGRAPHERS-FIGURES-/160589626597?pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Subbuteo_SM&hash=item2563e33ce5#ht_1196wt_1396

Not the best picture of them

I had a BRMA meeting here today and a few RMwebbers came along too. It was quite a turn out and I was told 31 people came. I knew it was a few as we ran out of mugs, and the pies and sausage rolls disappeared quickly. I still have a few packets of biscuits left though. :D

It rained for a good part of the day so it was lucky I had the tarp up. Llanbourne ran well and I did manage to get a few pictures of visiting stock though missed a few, a DR&S Compass liv 57 on Flasks was one.

Thanks to all who came along, here a few pics I did manage to take.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-98900600-1321693659_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-45351600-1321693699_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-94724600-1321693758_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-12365200-1321693793_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Strange goings-on at Llanbourne today.

A visit from a WR "Peak" might not be so unusual but the simultaneous appearance of a Beattie well tank under the fuel-road floodlight took a lot of people by surprise and generated considerable interest and discussion.

post-3305-0-88777400-1321693820_thumb.jpg

post-3305-0-91148500-1321693758_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Peter,

Looks like a great day out... pity nobody turned up with EE type 4's though :beee:

The second picture that you posted of the pair of cl 20s beneath the bridge looks superb. What do you use to weather the underframes, as they always look very good on your motive power fleet?

Cheers

Lee

(holding out for a few more whistler pics)

Edited by HealeyMills

It was a great meeting today, Peter, in spite of the weather. A few of us followed it with a quick visit to gwiwer's layout as well, on our way home.

Many thanks to both hosts for their unstinting hospitality and good cheer.

Peter I think it might be a good idea to reinforce the backscene at some stage in the future. I was thinking driving home that a solution to your joint in the backscene problem might be solved with "builders bog"spread across and sanded back. might take a large number of layers but as the "bog" can be sanded to almost a mirror type surface it might work. (though it will take a fair bit of time and layer, sand, layer, sand etc)

BTW thanks again for a great day. SWMBO and the kids enjoyed it... though they were a bit wet from the trip to the beach in the rain!

Hi Peter

Great meeting yesterday, even if it was raining.

Lots to see and plenty of good company.

The layouts coming along nicely

I got a photo of the nuke train.

The terrace houses are starting to get windows as well.

Thanks for the great hospitality

post-11664-0-82753800-1321757951_thumb.jpg

PS thanks for the tip about uploading photos.

• Like 3

hi buv, looks like you had a great turn out for you meet , nice to see some different traction on your layout ...but whats that rancid MPV doing in north Wales :no: ..should be T&T choppers or tractors!.the MPV does looks like a fine model ,does it run ok ?...cheers mate...

Strange goings-on at Llanbourne today.

A visit from a WR "Peak" might not be so unusual but the simultaneous appearance of a Beattie well tank under the fuel-road floodlight took a lot of people by surprise and generated considerable interest and discussion.

post-3305-0-88777400-1321693820_thumb.jpg

post-3305-0-91148500-1321693758_thumb.jpg

Hi Rick,

Thanks for posting the pics, I do like that Peak.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Looks like a great day out... pity nobody turned up with EE type 4's though :beee:

The second picture that you posted of the pair of cl 20s beneath the bridge looks superb. What do you use to weather the underframes, as they always look very good on your motive power fleet?

Cheers

Lee

(holding out for a few more whistler pics)

Hi Lee,

Sorry no class 40s came to visit, 97407 ex 40012 was on the layout though, I will take a couple of pics for you. I am waiting for Bachmann's split box beast as I want to do 97406 ex 40135.

Underframe weathering is a mix of Humbrol matt black 33, Khaki 26 and a little leather 62.

Cheers Peter.

It was a great meeting today, Peter, in spite of the weather. A few of us followed it with a quick visit to gwiwer's layout as well, on our way home.

Many thanks to both hosts for their unstinting hospitality and good cheer.

Thanks Jeff,

Glad you had a good time, and thanks again for getting me the Kadee's and plasticard. Hopefully I will get more of a chance to talk at the next meeting, I was keeped fairly busy.

Cheers Peter.