Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 13/10/2023 at 12:00, P.C.M said:

I was also asked for a track plan so I have done one though it's not great.

What’s wrong with it?  It shows the tracks and where they go, what more is needed!

Paul.

• Agree 6

On 15/10/2023 at 08:56, 5BarVT said:

What’s wrong with it?  It shows the tracks and where they go, what more is needed!

Paul.

Thanks Paul. Yeah I does the job, 

Cheers peter.

• Agree 1

In all my many years of following this wonderful layout, I think this track plan is the first time I have realised that the layout is a U shape. Up to this point I always assumed the track that leads to the fiddle yard was positioned just before the station (i.e. the bridge at the neck of the station is the same as the one that, in reality, covers the fiddle entrance). Having seen the plan, it's obvious these bridges are different - not least the number of tracks. But in five or more years my brain has never connected the dots... What's for pudding, nurse?

• Like 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

18 hours ago, Wummyock said:

How many locos do you have in total for the layout PCM?

Actually not sure off the top of my head but would have to be 50 or so. I will post up a list if you want.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, ed1234 said:

In all my many years of following this wonderful layout, I think this track plan is the first time I have realised that the layout is a U shape. Up to this point I always assumed the track that leads to the fiddle yard was positioned just before the station (i.e. the bridge at the neck of the station is the same as the one that, in reality, covers the fiddle entrance). Having seen the plan, it's obvious these bridges are different - not least the number of tracks. But in five or more years my brain has never connected the dots... What's for pudding, nurse?

Thanks.

Originally the layout did go into the fiddleyard where the tunnels are so was more a J shape. Though the extension has been there for a few years now.

Enjoy your Pudding.🤣

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On 16/10/2023 at 13:46, P.C.M said:

I have needed a few extra coaches for a while and finally got round to doing them spurred on from the recent running sessions.

First up is a Bachmann mk2 vac braked BSO. this gets added to three MK1s and helps form a Manchester Bangor and return service.

The other two are Bachmann air braked mk2s an FK and a TSO which add some variety to my Trans Pennine set. 

I now have a full Bachmann Trans Pennine set with spares and a full Hormby / Lima set with spares. I am still happy to run my older coaches they have come up quite well with some work.

The Bachmann MK2s have had the battery boxes glued up closer to the chassis and the interiors have been painted, no smoking signs removed or added depending on coach. Roofs painted and some light weathering.

Cheers Peter.

20231015_174428.jpg

20231015_174443.jpg

20231015_174450.jpg

Painting the roofs and underframes makes such a difference. They all look really good and definite step up from out of the box. I’ve added it to my list of top ten thousand things to do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, P.C.M said:

Will of Cavalex Models came for a visit this afternoon with the plan to run a few trains. The highlight being a fresh  off the production line class 56.

I only had an older 21 pin decoder hence no lights. Had we spent more time trying to work out functions using my powercab I think we would have got the lights working. 

Anyway as you can see by the pics it's a ripper model and it ran like a dream straight out of the box and had no problems with my tight curves in the tunnel or some of my small radius points. 

20231119_182547.jpg

20231119_205739.jpg

20231119_210552.jpg

20231119_210612.jpg

That makes a forthcoming decision much easier. All over blue it is. 

And I’ve noticed that your HAA’s have Point of Ayr tyre marks on them. The subject of discussion on my thread this week. I’ve no idea why I’m surprised that you’ve already done this….

Edited by 61656
Added text.
  • Like 2

That Cavalex 56 does look nice. I already have a couple of the Hornby ones, which are by no means a bad model, but that Cavalex one takes the fine detail up a further couple of notches.

The layout looks great, as always, Pete.

6 hours ago, Southwich said:

image.jpeg.1035107155e0dd47169bca5d351138f1.jpeg

IMG_5625.jpeg.3da60551c773032a5b2dcdfd883ce205.jpeg

Thanks for the hospitality as always Pete! A few more shots of the grid in miniature North Wales - looks right at home. A very enjoyable day playing trains and spotting Kangaroos! 

Kind regards,

Will

Wot? Don't tell me Peter has a few kangaroos loose in his top paddock! 😉😜

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

22 hours ago, 61656 said:

And I’ve noticed that your HAA’s have Point of Ayr tyre marks on them. The subject of discussion on my thread this week. I’ve no idea why I’m surprised that you’ve already done this….

22 hours ago, 61656 said:

It's a great looking model I have a blue one on order but thinking now I should have ordered a large logo one as well.😁

I use my HAAs for my fly ash service but I assume wagons were used for both fly ash and coal and I had noticed a few rakes with the marks on the side.

Cheers Peter 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SRman said:

That Cavalex 56 does look nice. I already have a couple of the Hornby ones, which are by no means a bad model, but that Cavalex one takes the fine detail up a further couple of notches.

The layout looks great, as always, Pete.

Thanks Jeff, The Cavalex 56 is next level to be honest. Hope you feeling better heard you weren't feeling too well Saturday.

Cheers Peter. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, P.C.M said:

It's a great looking model I have a blue one on order but thinking now I should have ordered a large logo one as well.😁

I use my HAAs for my fly ash service but I assume wagons were used for both fly ash and coal and I had noticed a few rakes with the marks on the side.

Cheers Peter 

I’d say you need at least an Aluminium cabbed version and a steel cabbed example.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Southwich said:

image.jpeg.1035107155e0dd47169bca5d351138f1.jpeg

IMG_5625.jpeg.3da60551c773032a5b2dcdfd883ce205.jpeg

Thanks for the hospitality as always Pete! A few more shots of the grid in miniature North Wales - looks right at home. A very enjoyable day playing trains and spotting Kangaroos! 

Kind regards,

Will

Pleasure having you down Mate. The grid does look sat on the layout.

The Roos were just a bonus.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I’d say you need at least an Aluminium cabbed version and a steel cabbed example.

It would be nice but I am saving for 7mm stock and have a Sutton class 25 on order.😁

Cheers Peter.