Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Great weathering on the Cromptons and the BGs. As mentioned before although I have never been a big 33 fan, nothing against them just never really saw enough Cromptons to really get into them but when ever I see yours it makes me want one! The photo of the three 33s is superb, although not an expert on Cromptons those models certainly look good to me. Excellent work as usual.

Thanks Neil,

I am pretty sure it is Sunday, maybe give Brian a ring or John as its his meeting, to make sure.

The square rodding is Plastruct, not sure of size I will have a look for you and let you know.

Cheers Peter.

Looks like I'll miss this one then.

Thanks mate, I'd like to get some of that. It looks great.

Cheers Neil

Hi Peter,

I was going to say the same thing as Dave about the weathering on the BG as its super! I also like the filthy one as well and your growing collection of 33's all look very nice that shot a few pages back of all 3 together looked really good - could have almost been the end of Bournmouth station in the 80's if you throw in a 73 as well!

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks mate, glad you like the Cromptons and BG I have a few of them though the one in the last pic is the dirtiest. Yes Bournemouth used to be quite busy and thre was usually a Crompton or two knocking about though 33/1s were more common, still think I might get one.:D Eastleigh was always good for 33s I remember getting around the depot on Sundays back in the late 80s, always heaps on shed.

Cheers Peter.

Great weathering on the Cromptons and the BGs. As mentioned before although I have never been a big 33 fan, nothing against them just never really saw enough Cromptons to really get into them but when ever I see yours it makes me want one! The photo of the three 33s is superb, although not an expert on Cromptons those models certainly look good to me. Excellent work as usual.

Thanks Grimley,

When I first started spotting all we had down our way was class 33s 47s and 73s so I sort of grew up with them always around, then later on when I worked as shunter I was seeing them everyday plus I managed to ride in a few.:D

One of the main reasons for choosing North Wales to base my layout on was the fact that I could run 33s with lots of other classes. As you know I quite like Peaks as well, and 25s and 40s spent some of there last days on the coast.

Cheers Peter.

Looks like I'll miss this one then.

Thanks mate, I'd like to get some of that. It looks great.

Cheers Neil

Hi Neil,

Thats a shame about the meeting, we will have to try and catch up before with Christmas.

The rodding stuff is by Evergreen .020x.020 part number 120.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Neil,

Thats a shame about the meeting, we will have to try and catch up before with Christmas.

The rodding stuff is by Evergreen .020x.020 part number 120.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks mate I'll take a note of that. I'll send you a PM too.

cheers

Neil

Thornaby based class 31323 is a long way from home, and is seen on the 7K11 ballast from Penmaenmwar, the loco loco will run round at the station and depart for Crewe at 10.25.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-041916800 1290922346_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Peter,

What can i say, i have just read all 31 pages of your layout thread and i think that the work you have carried out is superb, love the attention to detail so realistic B)

Keep up the good work and updates.

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Hi Peter,

What can i say, i have just read all 31 pages of your layout thread and i think that the work you have carried out is superb, love the attention to detail so realistic B)

Keep up the good work and updates.

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Thanks Darren,

I think you did well reading all 31 pages, hopefully you saw some progress. I am working on two class 47s at the moment hopefully I will get them done before the end of the year.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, sorry the link didn't work.

If the above does not work try searching for North Wales 20s, hopefully it will!B)

Wow... the Youtube Video Clip is great, Chest looks totally different to what it is today, Great upload.

Cheers

Jamie

Thanks Alex, it seems to be working now.:D nice bit of class 20 thrash that I watched some of the other clips while I was there. I think a pair might turn up at Llanbourne in the next few days.

Thanks Jamie.:D

Cheers Peter.

Hi

Continue to enjoy reading about this excellent layout. Love the fact that it appears to be designed along railway principles and is operated along those lines. Love the correct variety of stock and also the point rodding. Bet it is a lovely place to work in the ice and snow with all that mechanical detection and FPLs... But what would really enhance the Midland Region atmosphere and lift the layout to another level is an LNWR type 4 or 5 signalbox or even a Midland Region type 15. :P

Hi

Continue to enjoy reading about this excellent layout. Love the fact that it appears to be designed along railway principles and is operated along those lines. Love the correct variety of stock and also the point rodding. Bet it is a lovely place to work in the ice and snow with all that mechanical detection and FPLs... But what would really enhance the Midland Region atmosphere and lift the layout to another level is an LNWR type 4 or 5 signalbox or even a Midland Region type 15. :P

Hi

Hi Natalie,

Thanks,:D An LNWR signalbox is planned for 2011, Merfyn posted some pics of the Llandudno box for me a few pages back so I will have a go at building one similar to that.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Natalie,

Thanks,:D An LNWR signalbox is planned for 2011, Merfyn posted some pics of the Llandudno box for me a few pages back so I will have a go at building one similar to that.

And he keeps getting hints from someone ;)

• Like 1

47613 is ready to depart from platform 3 with the 12.35 1V81 SO to Paddington.:D

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Love the photographic updates from Llanbourne - have you thought of following Clagmeister's concept (maybe on a separate thread or a blog?) of doing a day in the life of Llanbourne? Starting with the first train in the morning and finishing with the last at night - done over several days of course! Given the freight, the locals, the inter-regionals and the variety of locomotives, I think that would be a superb thread! Only a thought, not wishing to give you extra work!

Rich

• RMweb Premium

613 looks a real treat on the stock cool.gif

They look like Lima Mk 2's.......Still look good to this day. I'm sure Southern pride do a super detailing kit for them (Inc flush glazing, shell vents etc etc)

Keep the phots coming Pete, this thread is a real joy

Anthony