Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Great photos as usual Peter, great photos of great models in wonderful surroundings!!!

I remember seeing my first 33 in Llandudno. Wasn't sure what to make of it really, was so used to Rat's, 40's and 47's

Jinty ;)

Absolutely stunning layout!

The photos are a pleasure to look at!

Are your post & wire fencing the ratio ones?

Only reason i ask is because im thinking about putting fencing like that on my own layout and yours look spot on.

Cheers

Ben

• RMweb Gold

The passing shot of the 47 look very good but again there all fantastic photos .

It's those understated details which add to the effect - small piles of ballast, spare rails, odd bits of concrete ducting - without being overcrowded. Really nicely done :)

Absolutely stunning layout!

The photos are a pleasure to look at!

Are your post & wire fencing the ratio ones?

Only reason i ask is because im thinking about putting fencing like that on my own layout and yours look spot on.

Cheers

Ben

Thanks Ben,

My fencing is Plastract square rod cut to length with the top rounded off and grey cotton which is superglued to the posts. It takes a bit of time but probably cheaper than the Ratio fence.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Nice photos as usual. I really like the weeds/weathered track looking towards the tank sidings. When your up in Scotland let me know when and where if you fancy a play on Rannoch.

All the best

Mark

Thanks Mark,

We are planning to be in Scotland 'Falkirk' Sept 30th to the first 1st Oct then heading up to Inverness on the 2nd we are planning to do Roslin chapel and the Falkirk wheel with hopefully time to see Edinburgh Castle. I am not sure what else their is in town but wouldn't mind going to Hartburn Hamlet model shop. If you are fairly local and I have some spare time we could certainly catch up it would be good to see the layout. 

Cheers Peter.

It's those understated details which add to the effect - small piles of ballast, spare rails, odd bits of concrete ducting - without being overcrowded. Really nicely done :)

Thanks Rich,

Understated is what I am aiming for, it's far to easy to get carried away with detail some layouts can look a bit overdone. As I always say looking at the real thing is the way to go.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Loving the latest pictures Pete, particularly the trans-pennine service. I remember just such a swap as I waited at York for a Scarborough - Bangor service, thrilled to see a 45/1 on the front, only to find it replaced by a 47. Not that I ever minded a 47, but in '86 I knew there wouldn't be many more chances. I've got a few photos of peaks on provincial liveried coaches, but don't think I ever saw the combination myself. I do recall a lot of odd liveried BGs on the front or back though.

Is your 25 a Bachmann? Looking at mine the front windows look smaller than yours, but that could just be the camera, computer, angle or weathering!

Andy

Hi Peter

Nowt like a bit of "Rat Rescue"! 

inspirational stuff as always.

Trev :)

Thanks Trev,

It's always nice to get one of my class 25s on a bit of passenger work.

Just had a quick look at your thread great stuff. Will be following from now.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Loving the latest pictures Pete, particularly the trans-pennine service. I remember just such a swap as I waited at York for a Scarborough - Bangor service, thrilled to see a 45/1 on the front, only to find it replaced by a 47. Not that I ever minded a 47, but in '86 I knew there wouldn't be many more chances. I've got a few photos of peaks on provincial liveried coaches, but don't think I ever saw the combination myself. I do recall a lot of odd liveried BGs on the front or back though.

Is your 25 a Bachmann? Looking at mine the front windows look smaller than yours, but that could just be the camera, computer, angle or weathering!

Andy

Thanks  Andy,

I managed a few Peaks for haulage on the Trans-Pennine trains but not as many as I would have liked. I did get bowled by a class 47 a few times too. The BGs Normally NEAs or NEX did turn up some interesting liveries I have see pics of Inter-City and Scotrail  coaches on the services.

My class 25 is a Bachmann model so would be the same as yours. I checked your pic of it on your layout. Bachmann do the other body design too though which did have the smaller centre  window.  A lot of people think the Hornby body is a bit better though. I put the Bachmann chassis under a couple of mine.

Cheers Peter. 

post-7022-0-77865600-1468580800_thumb.jpg

• Like 16