Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

• RMweb Premium

By contrast if you fly Emirates you change aircraft in Dubai which is now so large that you often need a shuttle train between terminals.  And it's still getting bigger!  First time we flew that way it was Portakabins in the desert ..... 

Thanks Guys, I think the A 380 is pretty good not been on a B787 yet though hear they are pretty good.

I did read that the Bandar Seri Begawan airport had improved.

Cheers Peter.

Well I liked the A380 2 years ago. Yet to have the pleasure of a B787. My sister has used RB and they enjoyed the flight as it is one of the cheaper ways to travel between UK and Australia. At 1200 return it is almost at the reasonable end of the costs. I don't think it would take too much to travel each year or 2 at these prices. My sister returned a couple of months ago for about 550quid return to the uk on Emirates!

• RMweb Premium

Emirates is coming it at between $1700 - $2100 depending on date and flight with the non-stop Melbourne - Dubai typically more than the flights stopping briefly in Singapore or KL.  I manage an annual trip home these days.  RB is certainly cheaper as are some other options.  I rule nothing out but do have a lot of Emirates loyalty which allowed me, for example, last month to carry 49kgs of free baggage and use the premium lounges at Dubai for a good feed and free wifi rather than 37kgs and pay for airport food and internet.

Well I liked the A380 2 years ago. Yet to have the pleasure of a B787. My sister has used RB and they enjoyed the flight as it is one of the cheaper ways to travel between UK and Australia. At 1200 return it is almost at the reasonable end of the costs. I don't think it would take too much to travel each year or 2 at these prices. My sister returned a couple of months ago for about 550quid return to the uk on Emirates!

Hi Doug,

We missed out on some cheap flights with Qantas I think some times it's right place right time as the special had finished the next day.

Cheers Peter.

Emirates is coming it at between $1700 - $2100 depending on date and flight with the non-stop Melbourne - Dubai typically more than the flights stopping briefly in Singapore or KL.  I manage an annual trip home these days.  RB is certainly cheaper as are some other options.  I rule nothing out but do have a lot of Emirates loyalty which allowed me, for example, last month to carry 49kgs of free baggage and use the premium lounges at Dubai for a good feed and free wifi rather than 37kgs and pay for airport food and internet.

49kgs means more trains. lol

Cheers Peter.

Planning a visit to blighty?? :D

Hi Lee,

Yep 4 weeks September into August. Coming over for  Mum and Dads 50th wedding anniversary on the 24th. Plan is to travel up to Scotland after that plus a few stops on the way.

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

Let me know if you're free for a trip along ELR then.  Keep your eyes peeled here:

http://www.elrdiesel.info/locomotive-roster.php

Cheers

Lee

Thanks for the link Lee,

Looks like I will miss the diesel gala, but there might be another chance if a diesel is out on another day. I will keep a look out on the link you have sent me.

Cheers Peter.

Echoing what Chris said above. The greenery is looking great. Its amazing how long you can spend on this aspect of modelling. I've spent about 4 days so far on the sidings on PDW and there's still plenty more that can be done.

By the way I like the Grid. You're a bit like me, they weren't regular visitors to our chosen locations but just enough to warrant having a couple of examples.

Cheers

Marcus

• RMweb Premium

Hi Pete

If you're after some Class 50 action, Sunday September 18th is a running day for 50027 Lion with three round trips over the 'alps'. You could also operate a few on Tidworth on the Saturday at the Shenfield exhibition with the team? ;)

• Like 1

The new scenic work looks great, great mix of grass colours and the hedge really helps blends the back scene and foreground together :) Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks Chris,

I am happy with how it's coming together the scenics on this bit are nearly done.

Cheers Peter.

Echoing what Chris said above. The greenery is looking great. Its amazing how long you can spend on this aspect of modelling. I've spent about 4 days so far on the sidings on PDW and there's still plenty more that can be done.

By the way I like the Grid. You're a bit like me, they weren't regular visitors to our chosen locations but just enough to warrant having a couple of examples.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus,

I took a few days doing this section too. Some of the grass hasn't stuck the best but I am leaving it as it looks pretty good, the trees and hedge hide a few joins but I think it looks ok from most angles.

The Grid was one of those well I might as well have one, they did work flyash trains along the Coast in about 82 so I figured one would be ok. I have a Heljan class 58 in bits at the moment too I just fitted a chip and gave it a test run last night. I thought it might be a quick weather up job but I am going to have too remove the radio pod from the cab roof which means some re painting and not just weathering.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Pete

If you're after some Class 50 action, Sunday September 18th is a running day for 50027 Lion with three round trips over the 'alps'. You could also operate a few on Tidworth on the Saturday at the Shenfield exhibition with the team? ;)

Hi Ian,

A bit of a bash on the mid Hants would be great I haven't done that  line in years. Not sure if I can make it up to Shenfield it's a bit of a drive but would like to catch up with the gang and see Tidworth or meet up at Kevins. We will be travelling around a bit after the 27th and heading to to Scotland so it might be a bit hard to sort something.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So time for a little update on the goings on at Llanbourne. 

Lights fitted in the oil sidings. They do have LEDs but I haven't wired them in yet. Chip fitted to my Heljan class 58 radio pods removed, 47636 bogie detail added and ploughs which were a pain to do but look ok.

Some pics.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-80258600-1467551593_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-80505000-1467551637_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-33179100-1467551721_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-11370800-1467551766_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Good work Peter.

No dates yet on offer for a Bullfrog Snotting session here.  This coming weekend is out as some family-in-law issues need heads banged together, a large machete or a crack shot with a small-bore dealing with then I work two of the next three.  We'll arrange something in due course I'm sure.

Good work Peter.

No dates yet on offer for a Bullfrog Snotting session here.  This coming weekend is out as some family-in-law issues need heads banged together, a large machete or a crack shot with a small-bore dealing with then I work two of the next three.  We'll arrange something in due course I'm sure.

No worries Rick,

Let me know when you have a few dates and we will sort something out.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1